Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I cant stop thinkng about it.

Hello...I know how your feeling, but believe me that six months did me well! It helped with weight loss and prepared me for the 10 day liquid as well as Now. Because it's a total Mind-Game and if I hadn't prepared I think I would be going crazy! Also the weight loss prior helped with recovery. I worked out hard and lost 30lbs. before surgery and that will make you feel Great going into surgery! I was able to clean out my closet and I got rid of old clothes 1 week before surgery and brought a cute jogging suit to wear home...that's now TOO BIG! So embrace the six month journey and with determination and willpower and you will be able to cope...Post-Op. Prayers are with you!

I'm sooo glad I'm not the only one obsessed with this surgery! I have jumped threw every hoop required. I just need one more dr weigh in at end of dec. My dr office is closed from holiday so I have to wait til jan. ugh! I can't wait. It's all I think about .....

MAN! they closed for the holiday? How dare they! Don't they know you are ready to get this party started? lol

Group

I am by far an expert on this subject....I first asked about the surgery in Jan of 2014 and had surgery 4.18.2014. The process is really insurance dependent unless you are self paying of course. My insurance company required six months of documented weight loss efforts. Thankfully, they accepted my PCP appointments to meet this requirement. The insurance company also required two co-morbidities, again my PCP provided the documentation. I also had to attend a bariatric seminar. Finally the insurance company required a physical fitness assessment and psych eval. Once I completed those, I had a surgery date within a week. As far as I am concerned, you can get started on the pre-requisites anytime. As others have said, you need to check with your surgeon and insurance company as requirements are specific per policy and or doc.

By the way, I know how you feel about obsessing. This process saved my life....

Hope this helps

Mark

I am cracking up about your posts! It's hilarious and a relief to find others just as focused on our goal of getting surgery.

Downsizingdiva - congrats! Keep us posted!

Laurenella - keep up the good work!

Heav85 - I first got denied because I was just under a bmi of 40 after the supervised diet. ???? I'm back above 40 now, so hopefully I get approved. By the way, hang in there. I'm sure you will find what works for you, but from all I've read about the surgery, it sounds very important to be able to carve out some serious "you" time in order to be ready for the surgery. Maybe waiting until March isn't such a bad idea. Now that I've gone through this much of the process, I'm actually glad I had to wait so I could plan and process. I can't believe I'm saying that, but it's true.

WannaB - your post made me LAUGH!

Buttercup - you are so right about the "wait time" being a good thing! It's been frustrating, but I really think I needed it. Now I'm REALLY ready!

Best of luck to all of you - I hope you get everything you wish for!

Heav85 - I first got denied because I was just under a bmi of 40 after the supervised diet. I'm back above 40 now, so hopefully I get approved. By the way, hang in there. I'm sure you will find what works for you, but from all I've read about the surgery, it sounds very important to be able to carve out some serious "you" time in order to be ready for the surgery. Maybe waiting until March isn't such a bad idea. Now that I've gone through this much of the process, I'm actually glad I had to wait so I could plan and process. I can't believe I'm saying that, but it's true.

Thats what I'm afraid of... losing and getting below the BMI. I've been told different things. If I get below that I'll get denied, and then i've been told the insurance wants you to lose weight to see if your going to stick with it after surgery. I mean your going to lose on the 2 week pre op thing so idk what they want from us lol

I don't really know exactly what they want, so I can't tell you. All I know is that I was just under a bmi of 40 and was denied due to that. I'm still waiting for an approval.

Hang in there and just keep working through the process. I hope it all works out for you!

Omg. Had my last appt with pcp and I GAINED! I had to schedule another appt for end of the month. Living on chicken and green Beans till rhe 29th. Gotta show a small loss. I just can't be denied because I had food funerals during my 6 month pcp visits! That will devastate me!! Prayers for a small loss. 5 pounds would be ok. Or 10. :)

I'm envious - I have a whole year to wait! In Australia there is a 12 month waiting period (for major things) when you get health insurance, so I was going to just pay for the procedure using my superannuation. But the surgeon said he has a six month waiting list to do it, so I figured I may as well wait the extra six months and get it mostly paid for by the health fund. I first rang in October and couldn't get into a seminar until 27 November; I then booked by first consultation with a couple of surgeons and those appointments are in February and March next year, as that was the earliest they had available. I'm obsessed at the moment but I'll get over it in a few months, then the time will probably go quickly (at least I hope it does!).

Update, after suffering on grilled chicken breasts and green Beans for a week, I lost 6 pounds. I think next weigh in will be more "appropriate" lol. I pledge to stop grazing! It was the dang grazing that shot my stupid weight up! Good Grief!!

MAN! they closed for the holiday? How dare they! Don't they know you are ready to get this party started? lol

I know right! I'm so close I can taste it. I'm thinking I'll have surgery in beginning of feb.

@@Flygirl123 Thank you, I sure hope so! I have to lose, but only a couple of pounds, so I don't drop below BMI 40 before I meet with the surgeon and try to qualify for this life saving and life changing surgery. I can lose weight. I know how. I just can't ever keep it off. I've lost the same 100 pounds probably 20 times in my lifetime. Only to gain it back over and over. I want off this roller coaster ride! All the best to you! Happy Holidays!

@@wannaBthinsoon I can completely relate to your story. I have lost & gained the same 50 lbs over & over! I'm so over it. I have never be able to maintain the weight lose. The thought that this will be the last time I will lose the weight blows my mind!

Edited by Flygirl123