Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody having surgery the 24th of Nov? What a countdown buddy?

Lorammy.. I hit an early stall too. Had surgery on Nov. 21 and lost 13 lbs. the first ten days and virtually nothing since -- about a week of status quo. Discouraging. Tolerating food fine. Sick of Protein drinks but they seem to be the best way to be sure to hit the Protein marks. Forcing the Water. Main incision is sore -- inside -- and my back hurts from lack of support from abdominal muscles. Still having good days and bad days energy-wise. So, rather than returning to work two weeks after surgery I am taking at least one more week.

I had the surgery on Nov. 25. I have been walking 30 mins daily. That seems to help with the weight loss until Im cleared to exercise.

Good day, everyone! I hope you are in good spirits.

I returned to work today AND I get to eat smashies!!! (Mashed, smashed, purees). I was surprised at everyone's reaction to the way I look. I had lost close to 30 pounds before going out for surgery. And, I lost 15 since my pre-op weigh-in, 9 pounds since surgery. (Total 42!!!) And, no one noticed a thing when I lost the first 30. HAHAHAHA. I have not told work people that I had sleeve surgery. They all think I had my gallbladder out. Originally, that is what I was going to have done anyway. Then, my doctor said gallbladder was looking fine. I didn't change my story for work because another lady had gastric bypass about 6 weeks before I had the sleeve. And, to be honest, the work people were very nosey and in some cases, downright rude. (I hope they didn't mean to be rude, but I would have been put off by some of the comments made to her!) She does tend to share everything - like details of her dumping syndrome. So, perhaps she brought some of this on herself.

Regardless, I felt my situation it was nobody's business. I tend to be private about these things. And, since I am one of the Directors, I didn't feel it was appropriate to be intimate with everyone.

I hope you are all doing well

Oh, I forgot to mention. I was able to get 72 Premier Protein shakes, 120 chewable Vitamins and lotion for scars for free through insurance. (Long ago I met my deductible for the year). The bill stated $60 which was applied to insurance. If you go to premierprotein.com, you can inquire about going through insurance. They will help you through the process.

And, I just tried a chocolate shake and it is quite good. Not as chalky as other ones that I have tried.

It seems to be 2 steps forward, one step back right now. To continue from where I left off above,

Friday 253.4 (3rd day in a row)

Saturday 252

Sunday 252.4

Monday 252.2

Tomorrow is my 2-week anniversary from surgery, so will see how the scale looks then. I do need to get some walking in. Cleaning house and Christmas decorating probably isn't enough exercise. I get my Protein in, and really eat little else other than juice and pudding. Oh yeah, I have a few Soups. Occasionally I'll eat Jell-O. Popsicles are too cold this time of year - brrrrr!

Nice going, Msbritt! On your way!

I've hit my first stall, hoping it doesn't last too long:

Monday: 253.4

Tuesday: 252

Wednesday: 253.4

Thursday: 253.4

Anyone else having this kind of plateau already? I thought I'd get at least 3 weeks postop before hitting a plateau. :(

I feel pretty good. Incisions are healing nicely, not too sore anymore. I'm having BAD head hunger on the liquid diet, though. Really have to stay busy to not think about it.

I was sleeved the same day as you. I lost 7 lbs on the 2 week liquid diet, after I got home from the hospital, I had gain those 7 lbs back from the surgery and Water weight from the I.V Fluid. I was able to loose that, and 7 more pounds, but stalled last week and have not lost anything for over a week. The plateau really sucks, when I've seen others sleeved the same day as me have lost 20 lbs, but they are not me...we are all different, I have to just remember that. As of today I have list another 1.5 lbs, so I'm hoping my plateau is over. So I understand your feeling about this.

It seems to be 2 steps forward, one step back right now. To continue from where I left off above,

Friday 253.4 (3rd day in a row)

Saturday 252

Sunday 252.4

Monday 252.2

Tomorrow is my 2-week anniversary from surgery, so will see how the scale looks then. I do need to get some walking in. Cleaning house and Christmas decorating probably isn't enough exercise. I get my Protein in, and really eat little else other than juice and pudding. Oh yeah, I have a few Soups. Occasionally I'll eat Jell-O. Popsicles are too cold this time of year - brrrrr!

Lorammy, I hit a stall, too. But, through all of my research, apparently this is normal. The body thinks we are in "starvation mode" and hence, wants to hold onto some of the fat. I've also been told that this is the time the body does adjustments. So, the scale might not move, but, your clothes might fit better. It is a LONG journey and not a quick fix. Let's promise to not get fixated on the scale!

I agree. The scale can be depressing and is not always a good measure of the inches we lose. I will not be defined by the numbers on the scale!!

I was nov 24 as well. And like clockwork I stalled yesterday. And I'm 1/2 lbs heavier this morning. Terror has embraced me. Even though I understand what my body is doing I can't help but be afraid that this was all on vain.

Edited by emsgirl114

Ok, nice to know I'm not the only one stalling. It has been an up and down week, and my net loss was only 1 pound, but my husband says my body is becoming a fat burner, and the weight is coming off so keep a positive attitude. It's funny, I wasn't going to weigh myself every day, but hubby wanted to know (he had RNY a year ago and lost 95 lbs). I was thinking I would just weigh once a week, but it seems once we start the every-day weighing it is so hard to stop!

Thanks for telling me about your challenges, everybody. It seems impossible that we could eat 600-700 calories/day and not lose, doesn't it? But now I've seen it with my own eyes.

It doesn't seem right, It doesn't seem fair.

All that I eat is liquids and air.

The first two weeks I lost without fail

But the past 3 days not a movement from my scale.

I heard from others this is the game

Stay the course and we won't feel the same.

shake off the dread, shake off the fear.

Fairly soon we will have a smaller rear!

My surgery date was 24th too lost 15lbs but haven't lost any :(

My surgery date was 24th too lost 15lbs but haven't lost any :(

I weigh exactly what I did the day I went in for surgery. I am getting very frustrated. Started purees Monday hope that jump starts things

I am in a stall too. 241. for the past few days. I can't get my Protein in so that is a issue,really going to work on that. Plus my puppy died a week ago and I have been so depressed that I have not done anything. He was a 7 month old Mastiff and had some kinds of heart attack in his sleep. I started my mushy diet today. Got to get my head hunger under control. Thinking of a Hypnosis.

We will keep our eye on the prize my friends...so we will be losing again. Also, if you come up with a good recipe please share!