Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a terrible time with plain Water. But if I put some flavoring in it (one of those things you squirt in it) I did much better. I think the sugar free kook aid cherry flavor was my favorite. I also remember in the beginning drinking G2. Its the low cal gatorade. It has some sugar in it (just a lot less than the regular one) so be mindful if you are diabetic or had the bypass. But these two things REALLY helped me get more fluids in. Good luck and hang in there. It gets easier!

G2 Gatorade was my go to drink for hydration... refreshing and not thick. I bought premier Protein shakes vanilla ( I blend in frozen,,, no sugar added strawberries) in the chocolate I blend in a banana .

I will be two weeks post op- tomorrow. Key is small sips at a time, stop when you are full, alternate between shake and gatorade. You MUST stay hydrated... stay tough kiddo... dig deep for strength to push yourself. You did not so all of this to give up and end in the hospital. I have also bought chicken noodle and vegetable Soup to drink the broth... it tastes better than the plain broth... (no chunks unless blended) . Pour the broth in a coffee cup sip ... The flavor and warmth is a nice change from the cold Protein Shakes. You can do this... every day you will tolerate a little more liquid, and you will gain more strength. Make sure you are taking your multi Vitamin and B12.< /p>

Good luck... don't give up.. it'll all be worth it :)

Blessings

I'm 1.5 weeks post op as well. I'm sorry u are having such a hard time, have u tried the Premier Protein shakes? The chocolate is about the only ones I can handle taste wise. U really need that Protein. I can't drink plain Water but Propel seems to be the answer. Still VERY rough getting ur required limit in. But also if ur getting dizzy it's fluctuation in ur BP most likely. Try some broths higher in sodium. At this point it helps a little bit to retain the Fluid. Dehydration is the worst thing that can happen right now so sip sip sip all day long. Hang in there.

I can no longer drink thick Protein shakes. They make me gag lol

My nut recommended Isopure, I tried the alpine punch before and hated it, but I got the black tea with lemon and mix it half and half with regular iced tea and it's amazing! Tastes like Lipton iced tea packets.

@@Overcomer_Rev1211 I'm 2 weeks out tomorrow, and I'm struggling with everything you are. Everytime I stand up, I get so dizzy my vision dims for a second. It scares me. I also feel HORRIBLY weak. I started out being able to get all my fluids in, all my Protein, and I was walking every day. That lasted a week...this entire second week, I haven't walked once, I've gone the last 4 days with MAYBE 24g Protein per day (and that's pushing it, and I'm only getting half my Water down. NOTHING appeals to me. I think I'm just burned out on the full liquids and I'm waiting for an order of GENEPRO protein I got off Amazon...it's supposed to be fantastic and I can add it to ANYTHING I eat. I'm looking very much forward to my first post op appt tomorrow and getting the go ahead to begin the puréed phase. I am praying I start to feel better soon, and I'll pray for you too. It's definitely no fun. Much harder than I imagined. And I didn't come into this thinking it'd be simple, but crap! -_-

@@Jennifer Rogers I got the GENEPRO protein last week from Amazon (because I have trouble getting in my protein too). It's okay. I definitely cannot put it in just anything. I didn't like it in any drinks (too much flavor when it's supposed to be flavorless) and I could taste it in cottage cheese. So far, the only thing I've had it in where I couldn't taste it was I cooked it in a scrambled egg (but only 1/2 a serving).

If you find other ways to use it where you can't taste, please let me know.

@@finediva That water bottle is just a guide. You still need to not eat 30 mins before or 30 mins after meals, but if your meals are still liquid at this point, the 30 minute rule is irrelevant. My understanding is that the 30 minute rule applies to when you move to mushies and softies and beyond.

thanks, I'm over three months and the Water thing is a major challenge for me. But I'm working on it every day.

I also freeze my Protein Shakes then eat them as slushies. Seems to work for me.

@@Jennifer Rogers I got the GENEPRO Protein last week from Amazon (because I have trouble getting in my protein too). It's okay. I definitely cannot put it in just anything. I didn't like it in any drinks (too much flavor when it's supposed to be flavorless) and I could taste it in cottage cheese. So far, the only thing I've had it in where I couldn't taste it was I cooked it in a scrambled egg (but only 1/2 a serving).

If you find other ways to use it where you can't taste, please let me know.

Oh no I have not had that problem with Genepro at all. I cannot taste it. I don't always use a full scoop though I spread it out in different things since I can only eat a half a scrambled egg at this point a full tablespoon would be too much for that. I hope it works for you Lexie. It worked for me.

Oh no I have not had that problem with GENEPRO at all. I cannot taste it. I don't always use a full scoop though I spread it out in different things since I can only eat a half a scrambled egg at this point a full tablespoon would be too much for that. I hope it works for you Lexie. It worked for me.

I'm anxious to get my order! It was you that recommended it to me last week, @@Thinkingthinner1109

I'm sorry to hear you're going through this, I am in the exact same boat. I'm exactly one week post op and am lucky to get in 45 ounces of Water and haven't been able to tolerate any of the Protein stuff I bought before surgery. Even the smell turns my stomach now. I'm starting to feel weak and haven't been walking like I should because I'm concerned about it pushing me even closer to dehydration.

My nutritionist suggested sugar free Carnation to try next. I certainly hope this gets better soon - I'm definitely having buyers remorse at this point. :(

Hope your luck turns around soon...

I know exactly what you guys are going through.. This past weekend, I felt super weak and dizzy, I would black out after I get out of bed or from the couch. I got so fed up with the Protein Shakes so I gave myself a break from them. I know I know, NOT good! This weekend, I got a "AH-HA" moment.. A couple years ago, I went to the Biggest Loser Resort and they had this really good chocolate Peanut Butter banana smoothie. I thought to myself, that's what I need to do! I need to make a smoothie. I don't know why I didn't think of it before. Lol..I've been drinking the Chocolate Premier Protein shakes and got so sick of them so I went out and bought a blender, got it on sale (yay!!) and made my smoothie.

Here is what I used:
-Chocolate Premier Protein Shake (30g Protein)
-2 Tbsp of PB2 (This is a dry mix of Peanut Butter, the healthiest form of Peanut Butter, has 5 grams of Protein for 2 Tbsp)
-1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder Unsweetened
-1/2 Banana
-6 Ice Cubes (give or take)
Total Protein: 35g

It was pretty good. I think I will adjust the PB2 to only 1 Tbsp.. I bought a Protein Powder online from Amazon so until that arrives, I will just keep using the Premier Protein.

Here is the Recipe I Found w/ Protein Powder:
-1 or 2 Scoops Protein Powder (Depending on the amount of protein)
-1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (Almond Breeze only has 30 calories in it)
-2 Tbsp of PB2
-1/2 Banana

Search Pinterest and online for different protein smoothies. I think this is the ONLY way I will be able to get in all my protein. You will feel a difference in getting all the protein you need in. I worked out today and I feel full of energy! I'm going on my 4th week today. I just made Sloppy Joes with Ground Turkey and I'm super excited to eat them! Only 2 weeks away from Solid Foods! I'm almost there and the worst part is over... You guys can do this!!! :)

Edited by newbiesleever

I love the Genepro... It saved me... I put it in apple juice... I too could not get all my Water and Protein in... Made me gag... I am 9 weeks out and I can tell you it gets better! I now out my GENEPRO in V8 juice! The thing that saved me was sugar free Popsicles .... They kept me hydrated . Good luck!

Not sure if this helps --

All of my Water was flavored (mio, crystal lite, herbal tea) that helped me get it down

Also Popsicles were a life savor

For protein-- I'm still working on it but I tried putting it in a shot glass and would drink that in 15 min then refill the shot glass (for some reason it helped)

Now that I'm on purée life is a lot better -- def ask if you can jump to that early!

I know exactly what you guys are going through.. This past weekend, I felt super weak and dizzy, I would black out after I get out of bed or from the couch. I got so fed up with the Protein shakes so I gave myself a break from them. I know I know, NOT good! This weekend, I got a "AH-HA" moment.. A couple years ago, I went to the Biggest Loser Resort and they had this really good chocolate Peanut Butter banana smoothie. I thought to myself, that's what I need to do! I need to make a smoothie. I don't know why I didn't think of it before. Lol..I've been drinking the chocolate Premier Protein shakes and got so sick of them so I went out and bought a blender, got it on sale (yay!!) and made my smoothie.

Here is what I used:

-Chocolate Premier Protein shake (30g Protein)

-2 Tbsp of PB2 (This is a dry mix of Peanut Butter, the healthiest form of Peanut Butter, has 5 grams of Protein for 2 Tbsp)

-1 Tbsp Cocoa powder Unsweetened

-1/2 Banana

Total Protein: 35g

It was pretty good. I think I will adjust the PB2 to only 1 Tbsp.. I bought a Protein Powder online from Amazon so until that arrives, I will just keep using the Premier Protein.

Here is the Recipe I Found w/ Protein Powder:

-2 Scoops Protein Powder

-1/2 Cup Almond Milk

-2 Tbsp of PB2

-1/2 Banana

Search Pinterest and online for different protein smoothies. I think this is the ONLY way I will be able to get in all my protein. You will feel a difference in getting all the protein you need in. I worked out today and I feel full of energy! I'm going on my 4th week today. I just made Sloppy Joes with Ground Turkey and I'm super excited to eat them! Only 2 weeks away from Solid Foods! I'm almost there and the worst part is over... You guys can do this!!! :)

Just be careful and watch the sugar amounts in the Almond Milk????