Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Weight Loss Cure "They" Don?t Want You to Know About

Excuse me, but I have to vent for a moment. Please bear with me.

I heard this guy Kevin Trudeau interviewed on the radio this morning, and even though I KNOW it has be a load of crap, a tiny part of me really wanted to believe. I still get angry with that part of myself, knowing that if I'd never found out about the band, I might've purchased this book. Why not? I actually own a Dr. Phil book. That's how desperate I was at one time.

Here's part of the description on Amazon:

"The main problems that overweight people deal with are massive, intense, constant physical hunger; food cravings and uncontrollable urges to eat when not hungry; low metabolism; and an abnormally high amount of fat stored in stubborn secure problem areas such as the hips, thighs, buttocks, and waist. This "weight loss cure protocol" has been proven to be virtually 100% successful in correcting these conditions, thus curing the individual of obesity for life! Read the fascinating true story of how this discovery was made and, more importantly, how this miracle weight loss breakthrough has been hidden from the public so that drug companies can make billions of dollars selling their expensive drug treatments and surgical procedures for obesity. You'll be amazed to read how the food manufacturers actually have a financial incentive to make you fat! This is the book that answers all the questions about why people today are continually getting fatter and fatter. The good news is this book gives you the cure that can solve your overweight condition once and for all."

Sounds great, right? But it is BS. Read on. This is what one reviewer wrote:

...in Phase 1 you are advised to do such common sense things such as drink Water, walk, eat Breakfast, eat dinner before 6 p.m., eat salads, stay away from artificial sweetners, limit carbonated drinks, no fast food, etc. Also in Phase 1, however you are encouraged to get colonics every other day, use a colon cleanse product (of which he provides the websites for purchasing), take tons of natural/herbal supplements (also providing websites for purchasing), sweat 20 minutes a day in an infrared sauna, get sun, get as many massages as possible, do as many yoga sessions as possible (in addition to walking 1 hour a day, doing mini-trampoline exercising 5-10 minutes 1 or 2 times a day), listen to de-stressing cds (also available to purchase), lift weights (on top of the other activities you should do)...

Right after that, are two reviews about how incredible this "cure" is. How can this Trudeau guy just spew all this BS about the new "cure"? How can he say that all those other weight loss programs are crap but his works? The only difference between this and any "sensible weight loss program" is the saunas and the colonics. It's somewhat horrifying that this guy can write a book like this, using himself as proof that it works, and sell it to desperate people who want so much to believe in it. What a scumbag. Gah! I hate, loathe, and despise the diet industry. It's just one scam after another after another after another.

Sorry...had to get that off my chest. Thanks for letting me vent. I'm going to go think happy thoughts now.

Sounds like crap to me too. Then again, lots of people believe in Atkins...

Its pretty simple really, eat less, move more and you'll lose weight. However you want to dress it up.

I wasnt really vulnerable to buying books/products/miracle pills even before I was banded, I'm by nature a cynic, I think everyone is trying to dupe me. I believe what I have reason to believe and not much else.

I was "cured" of diet pills after two incidients, one was some dexitrim, they said to take the diet pills then told you to eat under 1200 calories, well duh, the pill sdidn't make you lose weight the eating 1200 calories did and that part was free so why spend the money. The second was some berry trim stuff and the same story there. That was the last time I ever bought diet pills. All they are is a load of crap and mostly filled with ingredients that are very harmful to your body.

I almost fell for it, until I did a little research on the web. I have always been a sucker for all that crap! books, pills, Patches, smell pens, exercise gadgets and gizmos. I'm so ashamed. I probably could've paid cash for the surgery with all the money I've wasted on that crap in the past 15 years. They make a fortune off of us at our weakest point and it's horrible. They shouldn't be able to get away with it, but they do. It's really sad.

If you think about it, Inamed isn't any better. The MD/Hospital cost on each band is around $2,000.00. Have you seen the band lately? No way it costs $2K. I understand research costs, etc. But $2K????

At least this one works.

My MD priced the actual band from Inamed at $1,200. Now if I could get that sucker in there myself, it'd be a bargain!

I've tried all the diet tricks, pills, etc.

Yellow Jackets, though not intended for weightloss necessarily worked the best for me (out of the 'diet pills).. it was like legal speed (I imagine! Never done 'real' speed.) It made me wired and crazy and on the go-go-go.. and I never got hungry. I only stopped taking them because I lost my last bottle, and its $80 for a big bottle and didn't want to fork out more money.. actually it technically didn't make me lose weight, it just made me feel healthier..

As for Atkins, I will swear by the weight loss on it. I never incorporated carbs back in (which you're suppose to gradually do). I stayed on the first 2-week diet for 7 months.. absolutely 0 carbs. And the weight fell off like crazy.. was a miracle for me! But of course, it did not stay off, and in fact I wonder if there's way for body to build an intolerance on how to process carbs, because when I fell off the band wagon, I just went back to old habits, and gained it all back plus about 50% more.

I don't know how people like Kevin Tredeau sleep at night! He has another book "Natural Cures They Don't Want You To Know About". I did some research on this, because I believe in natural cures, but found that the book is a bunch of hooey! Lots of outdated websites to look up and he wanted you to join HIS website for something like $9.95 per month!!! What a fraud!!! For every good review, I found 10-15 reviews that stated they felt scammed! When he came out with this latest scheme, I knew not to even bother. Yeah sweating is good, it gets rid of toxins, yes we shouldn't eat processed foods, yes we should exercise, yes we should cleanse our colons (don't know about the colonic stuff tho)...this is all stuff that is stuff most of us already know. He's full of crap!

My MD priced the actual band from Inamed at $1,200. Now if I could get that sucker in there myself, it'd be a bargain!

I've tried all the diet tricks, pills, etc.

Yellow Jackets, though not intended for weightloss necessarily worked the best for me (out of the 'diet pills).. it was like legal speed (I imagine! Never done 'real' speed.) It made me wired and crazy and on the go-go-go.. and I never got hungry. I only stopped taking them because I lost my last bottle, and its $80 for a big bottle and didn't want to fork out more money.. actually it technically didn't make me lose weight, it just made me feel healthier..

As for Atkins, I will swear by the weight loss on it. I never incorporated carbs back in (which you're suppose to gradually do). I stayed on the first 2-week diet for 7 months.. absolutely 0 carbs. And the weight fell off like crazy.. was a miracle for me! But of course, it did not stay off, and in fact I wonder if there's way for body to build an intolerance on how to process carbs, because when I fell off the band wagon, I just went back to old habits, and gained it all back plus about 50% more.

Your surgeon got it for $1200? That's quite unusual. Others pays quite a bit more. Was that from the distributor or Inamed directly?

He is a complete and utter fraud.. you will see online he actually was arrested and convicted for it.. he has a criminal history. He preys on desperate people to make a buck.. From the bad reviews I saw, people would purchase a product and then get "automatically" signed up for a subscription to some email newsletter and there is NO way to cancel it except to cancel the credit card.

Stay away from this joker.. he just wants your money, not to help you..

A friend of mine from class (I'm in school for court reporting), suggested to me to buy this book. You have just convinced me not to waste my time or cash.

~*Ash*~

WAS- I assume from INamed.. came with an Inamed packet that I got the stuff from.. but he had all the sizes ready when I went under, then used the one he decided would be best for me.. In the price breakdown for itemized list of costs, the band was listed for $1,200. The biggest bill I had was by far the hospital at a whopping $10,000. (had to pay all these people directly before hand).

No more scams from me, it's all about me and the band :eek:

I did buy his "Natural Cures" book over a year ago. He does have some interesting ideas and information about using microwaves that I was able to verify. Of course, much of the book was a bit "over the top" for me. Is everyone in the medical field/government really out to get us???

The big companies that lobby may have more power than we imagine.

$1200? Wow that is really hard to believe. I order supplies for the OR at the hospital I work at and the cost we pay per band is $3195.

Another lame hack trying to exploit obese people.

$1200? Wow that is really hard to believe. I order supplies for the OR at the hospital I work at and the cost we pay per band is $3195.

I don't know this for fact but I would assume there is a deal on quantity. I mean, if a hospital buys them for several surgeons they are going to get a better deal than someone who buys enough for one surgeon??

Again, that is merely an assumption. Not claiming that as fact.