Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

People have plastic surgery all the time so why am i so worried about this? I'm so scared of a complication, I'm a single mom. If anything happened to me my poor boy would be alone. Dang why can't i stop worrying?

Edited by happymama2014

Well - carrying extra weight is more likely to take you from your son than surgery.

I'm a single mom too, you worry because it's part of your job as a sole caregiver. I was terrified of complications from surgery, I was terrified to take a 2 day vacation to Vegas with my sister with my mom watching my daughter... when you get used to being the one person who has to be there when something happens, it's natural to be afraid of the risks of something happening. I'm not saying it's something you should do, but what I did that helped a tiny bit was to make sure my affairs were in order before the surgery, I drafted advanced directives and a will and let me family know that I did not think something would happen, but if it did I wanted certain things for my kid. Of course nothing happened with the surgery, all went perfectly fine. And there is far more risk in being overweight than in the surgery itself, but this is certainly a time when you should utilize any supports that you have and talk to them about your concerns and how they might be able to help or step in where needed.

I have the same fear. I too am a single mom with a 4 year old son who is attached to me hip. I think of him everyday and I even made a will just in cause something does happen. That was so hard for me to think about leaving him behind without me. But then I think how hard it was for me watching my grandmother in a hospital bed after a stroke. And passing away not being able to talk or regonize her family. I don't want my son seeing me in a hospital bed because I didn't try to stop my complications from my weight. You must be couragous for him so you can have fun and run around with your boy without getting tired and out of breath.

Thanks you guys. I don't have any property for a will and was not able to get life insurance so the only thing is gay would happen to my son. Sadly he has a dad in the state who sees him 1-2 times a year but he wouldn't let my mom have him and that is who he knows because she helps me with him after school. It terrifies me thathe could be sent to live with a man he barely knows. All because I couldn't do this on my own! Dang! It's done and happening I just gave to pray now for a positive outcome. Because he needs me! Thank you.

I have a similar issue, I don't have a lot to leave to my daughter, but I did add a stipulation to my will that my preference for guardianship was to my sister because my daughter doesn't really know her dad and there are reasons why I left him that she should not have to grow up around. If something does happen, that document is given a lot of weight in a court hearing for guardianship. It might help calm you just to have that statement prepared.

Edited by georgiare