Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone. My name is Carole. I'm a 38 (will in little more than a week I'll be 38) wife of 12.5 years and mom of 11 years to my amazing daughter.

I had Lap-Band surgery with Dr. Krishnaraj in Dade City, FL on January 13, 2006. I was 305 at my pre-op appointment and I now weight 253. So I've lost 52 pounds. My highest weight was somewhere over 310 pounds, but I don't know how much over since my scale stopped weighing me. That was 1 month before my pre-op appointment.

In October of 2006 I moved to Alabama, more than 620 miles away from my surgeon Dr. Krishnaraj and my fill doctor Dr. DiCicco and their practice with Dr. Lee Grossbard.

So it has been several months since I had a fill. Which I most definitely need. The "up" side is that during the two months leading up to my move I managed to get through 5 trips to AL to search for a house, build the house and close on the house, my husband quitting a job in Florida to move t Alabama where he didn't have a job, supervising my parents' home construction, getting my parents moved here and a vacation to Florida and I've only bounce around a 5 pound range. I have not gained any weight.

It took me several month to find a doctor within a reasonable distance who would accept another doctor's patient.

The excellent news is that I have an appointment for a consultation and a fill with a doctor in Nashville, TN on this coming Friday.

So that's me in a nutshell (and believe me this nut needs to be in a shell).

Hi Carol! You will love LBT! It is a great source of motivation and inspiration! Be sure to check out the Before and After picture thread, I think it is in the Discussion forum here.

You have sure been through some hectic and stressful months lately! Kudos to you for maintaining and not gaining during all that. I bet a little tweak on your fill level will have you losing again in no time!

Hi Carole! Happy Mother's Day and Welcome to LBT! I love your attitude:)

I'm Karla and I'm 36 (well, in AUGUST I'll be 36) ;) You're too funny! I guess you're thinking, no sense in being in denial ?! That made my night. I'm divorced, and have a 10 yr old son. I was banded in Oct 2005 and am down 72 lbs. I've got about 25-30 lbs more to go before I reach my goal. I plan to be there at my 2 yr anniversary in October.

CONGRATULATIONS on the 52 lbs... it's nothing to sneeze at. Especially with the life interruptions you've had along the way.

I have to say, that's been my biggest fear... finding a Dr who would take over my aftercare in the event I moved, etc. Initially I considered going to Mexico for the band surgery but, in the end, I chose a local Dr (self pay) for ease of traveling to fill appts and the peace of mind in being in same city in case of any complications.

The good news is you survived the move! You've maintained the weght loss! And, you're on the right track with a fill appt this coming week. GREAT! I'm sure we'll see you shrinking away in no time soon.

Keep the shell on, and let us know how your appt goes.

Karla

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to reading more and getting to know more of you!

Karla, it was a concern of mine even before I had surgery. I knew that sometimes patients who had surgery in Mexico had a hard time finding a doctor for aftercare, but I was assured it wouldn't be problematic if I had surgery in the U.S. and moved or had my doc retire (or any of the things that can happen). Surprise surprise. When it came right down to it I ended up moving to an area where it was extremely problematic.

I was beginning to think I'd have to break down and take three days out of my schedule to drive to Florida (12 hours in each direction) when I got a recommendation for a doctor in Nashville (only 2 hours in each direction).

I'm happy with both my 52 pound loss (57 if I count my pre-consult weight loss in the two weeks before my appointment) and my maintaining ... but now it is definitely time to ditch the excuses, get that fill and get off this self-made plateau.

Again, thank you all so much for your warm welcome!