Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2014 sleevers check in please!

@@Peekboo I have also been stuck for weeks

I was thinking I don't eat enoufh. 500 calories a day. I go for my 6 months visit next week. 79 lbs down.

In in the same boat as you, i have tried to eat more but it just doesn't want to stay down. I also cannot eat meat unless its in Jerky form so i end up having fish or shrimp. I havent been active at all this week as its been miserable and very wet here. I need to work out a way how to kick start the loss again as this is driving me batty!

Kpar

79 down is wonderful. Maybe your body is adjusting to such a big loss. I just started back exercising after not going for two weeks. We will see what happens. My six month check is next Friday and im praying I will be 60 pounds down !

VSGMary

I think exercise is the key as we stall. It seems to be the only way I start losing again.

Just checking in here. Sleeved on October 8.

SW: 327

CW: 206

121 pounds lost

No more sleep apnea. Blood work is optimal. About about 16 pounds from goal. Life is good.

@@cornhusker

That is awesome. Tell me what you normally eat each day and how much exercise. I want the secret :-)

@@cornhusker, your weight loss is fantastic! But no more sleep apnea?! That's the motherload of NSV's!! I'm hoping to get off the cpap this year too.

Great job!

@@Peekboo I appreciate the nice comment. I eat 5 meals a day. Like most of you I get my calories from healthy foods. I don't just focus on smaller portions and lower calories. I try and get those lower calories from real food. I like grilled fish, chicken, low fat Cottage cheese, egg beaters, beef Jerky, occasional apple and orange, etc. I also have a serving of healthy fats every day...usually an avacado or almonds. I never, ever cheat. No pop, no caffeine, limited carbs. No bread. Just clean eating. I also exercise 5 days a week at a place called 9round Fitness. It's a 30 minute kickboxing gym. It's been huge for my success. I never get bored. I work really hard for 30 minutes and I'm done. Been a great experience for me. I also measure everything and track it on MyFitnessPal. I took this surgery very seriously. I knew, like alot of things in life, it was gonna be up to me as to how successful I'd be. Best of luck to you!

Edited by cornhusker

@@Kathy812 I appreciate the props. Getting off CPAP and not having to take any meds was a huge motivator for me. I started feeling like the pressure was way too high on my machine sometime in early December. I saw the sleep doc in the middle of the month hoping to just get the pressure titrated up so my head wasn't getting blown open every night. He actually told me that based on his physical examination of my airway that I may not need it anymore but had to have another sleep study to confirm. So in mid-January I did and was pleased to find out I no longer had sleep apnea. Initially I was hoping to be off my machine by June so it was a good surprise. Haven't worn it since. Good luck to you!

@@cornhusker :-)

You are awesome!

I'm officially 6 months out today and I'm 110 lbs down (50kg). I am exactly half way there to my goal of 165lbs. Going by my surgeons goal I have 50 lbs to go so this is my short term goal.

I celebrated Easter yesterday at my parents home. Dad had a lamb gyros cooking on the spit and i can honestly say this has been the only time i have ever craved meat! I haven't been able to eat meat with what feels like ages. I recently was able to eat meat in Jerky form since being sleeved, and i was ok with that. Well i bit the bullet and tried a tiny piece of lamb with no fat on it. It went down, no feeling of wanting to hurl! This was one great NSV for me. I ended up having 3 more tiny tiny pieces of red meat throughout the day, just enough for the taste! Hehe. I kept to my Pescetarian type diet that i have had to adopt since being sleeved.

I am now wondering if i can eat chicken or even have some milk. I have the courage to try these out again and i plan on doing it today! ????. I recently found a delicious high Protein low calorie meal which i posted on the food sharing forums the other day here :

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/336932-easy-shrimp-quinoa-bowl/

And i would love to swap out the shrimp for some chicken! Mmm mmm mmm!

susan hamilton meyers

Please add me to fb group. :)

I will be 6 months post op in 10 days. I've started to notice an increase in hunger and a larger capacity for food. In the first four months, I would be full on 3-4 ounces of meat. I hardly ever ate vegetables or fruit because I was always full after my Protein serving.

However, I've been able to eat vegetable or fruit after my Protein during meals because of an increased capacity now. It kind of makes me nervous. I have yet to eat any sugar or junk food, but I'm nervous about starting fruit because of all the carbs. I've worked hard to get this weight off and I'm afraid weight loss will get even more difficult as time goes on.

Anyone else notice such changes with their sleeve?

I have also noticed more room for food and it scares the hell out of me!! My weight loss has slowed and I am bouncing around between 201 & 198

@@SimplySue,my name is Marie(but I also go by Kathy).

I sent an email to Kristen to add shmeyers.

@@friejenn I so agree with you, I can definitely eat more. My doctors office said it happens but we have to resist the urge.

@@VSGmary congrats on your nsv (eating meat), I will check that recipe out, thanks!!