Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm curious if they will do your surgery if you happen to start your period ?? I guess I should ask doc. But maybe it doesn't matter ?? Who knows. I'm a worry wort

Yes they will still do the surgery.

Yes they will do your surgery. You'll need to let the admitting nurse know so that she (or he) can note it in your records and they can provide you with hospital-approved supplies. But they do it all the time, every single day in every hospital and it isn't a big deal.

Thank you for your replys. I've just been counting the days and I'm pretty sure it's gonna rare it's ugly head that same day!! Happy days to everyone. Thanks again!

They won't let you use a tampon. They supply you with pads. They made sure to tell me all about it, but I specifically scheduled my surgery between periods.

Forsythia is right. You can't wear a tampon during the surgery, but you should be able to put one in after of you wanted.

I was wondering this same thing...good thing for me I won't have that issue next week. And I know I'm not pregnant...lol

I had surgery yesterday & my period had started on Sat. Figures right?! You'll get nice mesh panties & some maxi pads. Gross, but trust me you won't care!

Oh gosh I am so happy I saw this! I am having surgery Nov 5, and that is usually my start date, I am hoping it will wait until after I am home (wishful thinking), but I was thinking the same thing!!!

Thank you for posting this and hope all goes well with your surgery!

Oh gosh I am so happy I saw this! I am having surgery Nov 5, and that is usually my start date, I am hoping it will wait until after I am home (wishful thinking), but I was thinking the same thing!!!

Thank you for posting this and hope all goes well with your surgery!

Bring baby wipes and leave them in your bathroom in case. I had a male nurse the first day and he left me a bucket of pads & panties in the bathroom as well so he didn't have to get involved ????

I think my surgery caused mine to start early. mine started the night I was released. 1 week sooner than expected. But might explain why my blood count was low while I was in the hospital.

I am so glad I saw this post! I am scheduled for surgery on Nov. 12th and that is the day I should be starting. I remember wearing those mesh panties in the hospital after having my babies... :unsure: Good luck to all you about ready to have or have had your surgery!

Oh, wow, I thought I was the only one who worried about this! I'm due on Monday, and my surgery is Friday (the 14th). I'm praying I'm on time (and therefore just about finished by Friday) but, being the poster child for Murphy's Law, I wouldn't be suprised if it waits until Thursday or Friday to show up. Good 'ol Aunt Flo, always showing up at the worst times lol!