Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not quite sure how this all works so I'm just going to jump right in. I have been in such need to just talk and get these crazy feelings off my chest that I feel like I'm literally going to explode! Just a little background, I have been overweight since puberty and have never had the nerve or strength to even talk about it out loud without feeling completely crushed, sad, just extremely disappointed... The bullying at school as early as elementary may have had some negative impact on my life and self esteem. I really had no one to understand me...all my family was thin. So since I knew there was such a thing called gastric bypass, I was mini obsessed. I just knew I had to have it, I knew this was what would change my life! I just had my 35th birthday and finally it's within reach! I was supposed to be scheduled last week but the scheduler waited until Friday to call and make sure that I had stopped smoking. Oh, I was sooooo upset! Really lady? I have been waiting forever now. Yes, I have quit! I would quit breathing if that was a surgery requirement. So...of course I am now waiting to hear from her early this coming week. Surgery is scheduling about a month out at our clinic, so I'm guessing about November this time. I want to get excited but with my life's history you get used to disappointment. I keep thinking the bottom is going to drop out at any moment. I just want the day to be here already! I want this change in my life! I want to finally blossom and be me without being afraid of what others are thinking about me. I can't wait to dance like no one is watching. I know the hard work and struggles ahead...I just want to get it started already! Thanks so much for listening, sorry if I rambled. I will be back to let you all know of that long awaited date! My family isn't really supportive, my son, who is also overweight and only 16 I can definitely understand. He doesn't want to be the little girl I was, the only fat one...the embarrassment. He doesn't realize that I will never leave him behind. Every night I hit the gym I will be dragging him with me. He is one of the reasons I am even doing it. My fiance of 10yrs is also afraid, I think. But maybe another time for that. Nite!

I hear you. Many of us have or had similar experiences. Stay strong and be persitant and everything will be fine with your coming surgery. It truly is life changing. Best of luck and keep us posted on your progress.

My journey from first going to my PCP to actually having the surgery took one long year. I thought the day would never come. I had appointments cancelled and the NUT sit on my paper work for two months. So much frustration.

But the day did come.

9 months later it seems like just yesterday I was waiting for my surgery date. It will come. And then your life will be turned on its head. And you will do amazingly.

I know it feels like it will never happen. Believe me, it will happen faster than you imagine. The anticipation and frustration leading up to the surgery is all a part of this amazing journey. Looking back you will be so glad you gave yourself the gift of experiencing those emotions. Immerse yourself in it. revel in it, because in a short time you will have the surgery and all the preparation for your travels will be complete. I know it seems hectic now, but this is the calm before the storm, a chance to prepare your mind and body for the journey. (I have posted on my blog about the three things I did to prepare for surgery I think you will find it very helpful. The link is below)

This will be one of the most amazing things you will ever do and the best gift you could give yourself and your family. Strive to do amazing things with your gift. Make a difference. I know you will do awesome. If you need someone to listen and to process your emotions with, I am here for you. My contact information is below. I am so excited for you!

Best Wishes!!! All the Best!!!

Thank you all! I am so grateful to have a place like this to unload...and to think I just typed "gastric bypass" on my Kindle looking for related apps and I found a world of amazing people!

I waited 9 months before my surgery was approved had to see cardiac special echo and stress test my.primary care physician had.all kind of lab wwork had to be approved.by.Neuro had to visit a nutritionist after all that I waited until 4 days before surgery I got a call fron my.doctor had received my approval has not been easy.but.the.best decision I could have.made I get stuck now and think is this all.then I will start losing still have a long way to.go.to.reach my goal will post pictures soon

I feel your pain. I've waited nearly a year, had to hound my surgeon office constantly to find out about my authorization. Now I finally have a date of Nov 18 and I'm so excited and nervous.

so excited for you it will done and over before youknow it ___you are going to.be so surprised when you don't even miss.the thanksgiving feast

I waited 9 months before my surgery was approved had to see cardiac special echo and stress test my.primary care physician had.all kind of lab wwork had to be approved.by.Neuro had to visit a nutritionist after all that I waited until 4 days before surgery I got a call fron my.doctor had received my approval has not been easy.but.the.best decision I could have.made I get stuck now and think is this all.then I will start losing still have a long way to.go.to.reach my goal will post pictures soon

December 3rd! Counting down the days!

I feel your pain. I've waited nearly a year, had to hound my surgeon office constantly to find out about my authorization. Now I finally have a date of Nov 18 and I'm so excited and nervous.

Did you already start your liquid, pre-surgery diet?

Yes, I started today

thanks for sharing things are going to be awesome I then had feed backs telling me I don't need to do this but I know its going to do me and my health some good keep your head up and you have supporters here im new but I love this site.thanks for sharing

@@MzBrightEyez1 your story sounds a lot like mine. I was also heavy all though my life after hitting puberty is when I gained like 75 lbs from 8th grade to the beginning of high school and I just kept going up. I totally understand your thoughts of your son too as I have a 9 year old son who also is considered Obese by the medical terms and how heavy he is. I feel for him cause I see all these other kids his age that aren't as heavy as him and they run around like normal kids and he can't run like they can cause of his weight but also because he has asthma, and I believe a lot of his asthma is caused by his weight. I have had my surgery and I am now 7-1/2 months out and I am now down almost 100 lbs and I cook healthier meals for my family and I am more active with my family, and I try to get him to motivate himself too. He just actually finished playing his 2nd season of tackle football and last year he had a much harder time than he did this year. He did amazingly well this year that he wants to go back next year and he even wants to go to a Summer Camp for Football so we have been looking into that as well. He is actively trying to stay active and wants to do wrestling this winter, and he is just becoming a much stronger kid than he was before my surgery. In fact just from my cooking and his football he has dropped 10lbs. It is a scary thing to go through, and there are a lot of changes you will go through and a lot of ups and downs through this whole procedure but trust me when I say it was the best decision I have ever made for myself. I get mad sometimes thinking why couldn't I have done this on my own without the surgery and then I remember that food was the devil to me. I could eat anything and everything in site and I was ok with it, now all those unhealthy things I used to eat, I don't touch, and there are times where I miss having a bowl of ice cream or a chocolate bar, but most days I am extremely happy that I can't have those things cause they just made me the way I was. So stay strong and use this website as a venting tool, a success tool, anything, you will find 99% of the people on here are here to help, and want to see you succeed like they have!!! If you ever need to talk to someone that knows what your going through, this is the best place to do it. Good Luck!!!

My journey from first going to my PCP to actually having the surgery took one long year. I thought the day would never come. I had appointments cancelled and the NUT sit on my paper work for two months. So much frustration.

But the day did come.

9 months later it seems like just yesterday I was waiting for my surgery date. It will come. And then your life will be turned on its head. And you will do amazingly.