Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Holiday Challenge!

I never got an answer to my earlier post but if we can get in late I would like to also.

323 on 11/7

302.8 on 11/14

275 goal weight for this challenge

it not to late to join.

Hey Challengers!!!

What are some of the things you all are doing or using to keep active? I am 8 weeks post op and have been given the green light for all activity and I have a bowflex revolution and treadclimber that I am anxious to get started on. I start my work out routine tonight. I will be doing arms on mon-wed-fri and will be doing legs and trunk on the other days. I also bought a vivofit and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!! I have found that it pushes me to get those extra steps in and I really feel that I pay more attention to inactivity. I am obsessed with keeping the red line down!!! lol If you have a vivofit please add me to your contacts so we can keep each other motivated...my vivofit name is rac8610 would love to have more in my community to keep up with!!!

Rough day yesterday with office thanksgiving. But I

Rough day yesterday with office thanksgiving Survived and I am so proud

Sorry I did not get my post in last Friday 11/14 weigh in was 184

Does anyone know if you can post from an Android phone? Since my tablet got crushed by my nephew I would like to be able to post with my phone and can not figure it out.

Sorry - I wrote my post before the 7th, but I was having computer issues, and although it looked like it went through, somehow it didn't "go" and i'm not on this challenge yet. If it's not too late to jump in, my weight on November 7 was 199 and my weight on the 14th was198. My Goal for January 2 is 185.

it not to late to join.

Susan -- I'd like to jump in, too, if you don't mind. I've been stalled for months following orthopedic surgery and immobility. I'm healing now, and as I'm moving more, the scale seems like it might start wiggling. I weighed 184 on 11/7 and 11/14, and I'll weigh in again (and post) tomorrow.

I was sleeved on 12/03/13 with a 267 start weight. My goal is 134, but I'd like to be at 174 by 01/02/15, so ten pounds down.

Okay need some help. I can lose 3 pounds in a day and go up 2 pounds in the same day. I am very rigid about getting my Water and fluids in but have trouble getting Protein in. I only eat carbs in the morning and my grains are sketchy. I need help to get my proper balance in please. I am 4 1/2 months post op and still drink Protein Shakes when I can't eat.

Okay need some help. I can lose 3 pounds in a day and go up 2 pounds in the same day. I am very rigid about getting my Water and fluids in but have trouble getting Protein in. I only eat carbs in the morning and my grains are sketchy. I need help to get my proper balance in please. I am 4 1/2 months post op and still drink Protein Shakes when I can't eat.

1st, stop weighing everyday. Once a week is more than enough. 2nd Get your protein in first. Don't waste your limited capacity on grains and carbs until you get your protein in. Even at 11 months out I have a 30-40g protein smoothie everyday. I was getting 60g in by 5 days postop and probably get between 70-90 at this point. I eat a lot of meat, eggs, dairy, nuts, then veggies and fruit before grains. And I didn't start in on the fruit and grains until I was close to goal about 6 months out. And don't forget your vitamins!

Edited by Kindle

My weight for 11/21 check in: 199.8! I finally made it to "Onederland" - barely, but hey, I'll take it!!

Weigh in: 312 lbs.

1st, stop weighing everyday. Once a week is more than enough. 2nd Get your Protein in first. Don't waste your limited capacity on grains and carbs until you get your protein in. Even at 11 months out I have a 30-40g protein smoothie everyday. I was getting 60g in by 5 days postop and probably get between 70-90 at this point. I eat a lot of meat, eggs, dairy, nuts, then veggies and fruit before grains. And I didn't start in on the fruit and grains until I was close to goal about 6 months out. And don't forget your vitamins!

Thanks so much!

One day early as the holiday starts early for me!!!!