Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any December Sleevers

yea ive hit my 1st stall also it sux.... surgery date 22Dec14 SW 260 CW 243 an weird one day i was 241 but idk wuts up

Dec 4th was my surgery. Lost 35 lb in first month but have stalled for almost 2 weeks. I lost 4 lb the last few days but that was a stomach virus I had. Anxious to start losing again. I can't wait to fit in smaller clothes. No change so far :(

Hey all,

Had my sleeve on 12/22/14. Sw359 Cw328. I had lots of trouble with nausea then went to my 2 week appt and was told to drink G2 or propel... Best thing ever! Feel so much better off nausea meds. I am having hard time with BM started taking MOM not helping going to get colace to see if that gets things going. Going to try and do the treadmill this week as I am in Iowa and it's too cold outside. How is everyone else? Oh and I'm at a stall ????

HI everyone! I had my surgery 12/15. Its been a rough month. Lost 30 lbs but I have stalled for the past 2 weeks- my surgeon says its because I am not getting enough calories and Protein so my body is holding on to everything I eat but I still have no appetite so hopefully I will slowly feel like eating again. I also came down with an infection in my largest incision site on Christmas which healed then a week ago it burst open again :( so now im back on antibiotics and back to packing my wound.

Not giving up just a bit discouraged with this wound- im not able to workout as much because of the pain but hopefully this heals correctly this time so I can move on :)

Hope you all are doing fantastic with your new sleeve!

Don't be discouraged! I had surgery Dec 2 and after losing 30lbs I hit a stall at 4 weeks and just now lost a few pounds this past week. My dr said the same thing...not enough Protein and more exercise. I started an extra Protein Shake a day and I think that's what helped!

Hello December Sleevers!!! It's been a while and I wanted to ask how ya'll are doing?!?! I'm sure some of you are asking yourselves if you're still on track, "am I loosing enough?" is a question often in my mind.

I was sleeved on December 22nd, I started my journey at a little over 260lbs and I am currently 210. I went through a 4 week stall but I decided to kick my butt into gear and went and got a trainer, now he's the one that kicks my butt! I've been working out 4-5 days a week and train 10 times a month (I just finished my first month last week). Currently I am averaging 4lbs a week, I've gone from size 22 pants to 16. My food intake is somewhere around 900 calories.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

So far, so (very) good. I'm down 84 lbs, 54 since surgery. I know I'm only supposed to check my weight once a week, but I just can't help myself. I check almost every day, and update MyFitnessPal. Below is a chart that shows my progress. Because it's updated every day you can really see the ups, downs and stalls. Sometimes it's discouraging to see the gains, but having this tool allows me to quickly remember that it's happened before and it's always been followed by weight loss.

WRHhZNd.jpg

Edited by Dave in SoCal

So far, so (very) good. I'm down 84 lbs, 54 since surgery. I know I'm only supposed to check my weight once a week, but I just can't help myself. I check almost every day, and update MyFitnessPal. Below is a chart that shows my progress. Because it's updated every day you can really see the ups, downs and stalls. Sometimes it's discouraging to see the gains, but having this tool allows me to quickly remember that it's happened before and it's always been followed by weight loss.

WRHhZNd.jpg

I also check almost every day and try to record it. It helps me see what I do that makes good (and bad) changes. A "gain" doesn't discourage me, it motivates me. A stall doesn't either... I know that my body needs them. I love seeing how no matter what this surgery is the best thing I've ever done. I would never have lost this weight on my own.

I'm a December (28) ... Dr is in Des Moines,IA

Edited by avenever

I had my surgery December16.... In Des Moines, IA...How are all you December people doing?... It is a little slow for me... Only 14 lbs down at a month out... Feeling great though.. No pain... No nausea...no vomiting... Yay! Having trouble finding Protein that I can drink any suggestions... They all leave bad taste... And give me horrible breath... Help!

Rosemary was it thru Iowa weightloss? I am wishing you the best! You should be on solids now, right? How's that going? Your question was about Protein. I'm using GNC protein and I've also used some shake bar protein... It's a bit hit and miss for me. I've just ordered iso 100 fudge as it's rated one of the best... Hopefully I'm feeling the same! I'm finding that so many smells just are repulsive to me.