Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any December Sleevers

nanpan,

I'm the same, it seems I have a bowel movement once every three or four days and it's still a little. I was told it was normal, I rather wait and have a solid poopie than have constant lose stool.

Edited by monyLiza

Thanks monyLiza - at least I know it's normal.

I'm 18 days post op and in phase 3-the purée diet. I've had trouble with anything that is too fatty or too sugary. Also, I've had to mix my Greek yogurt with applesauce to thin it out a bit.

I currently have a dull pain in my esophagus and I'm thinking it could be gas but I'm not sure. I tried eating and ended up vomiting violently (red eyes and face) tonight. I'm not sure what's going on, but if I am not able to get food down or shake this discomfort in my chest I will call my doctor.

MonyLisa

I am only sipping one oz at a time. My surgery was in the 30th and I may have drank 8 oz of Water total. ???? I have no idea what to do. Do I just keep trying to sip through the pain. I do not want to be back in the hospital. I've had gas but, no bm...Frustrating!!!

@ missladyjj44

Just keep sipping your intake will increase. A bm will come soon remember your not eating any food so there is really nothing to come out

It will happen give it time

I'm the same with my liquids! But each day I try to do a little more... Yesterday my goal was 30oz and I got to 33, so today I'm going to shoot for 40! I also found that it's easier to swallow when you are walking.

I'm the last of the December group. Sleeved 12/31/14. I'm doing pretty well. I was able to have two bowel movements on 1/2/15 which shocked me because I typically constipate very easily. I was thinking it would be a week before I would be able to go. I stayed in the hospital one night. and have only had pain Rx twice (at night before bedtime). I only have one incision that bothers me; the other incisions don't bother me at all. Tried to get out and run a couple errands with hubby today and was fine... except for lack of energy. I know I'm not getting enough protein/calories. I log everything on myfitnesspal app. My weight started at 188 and today was 183.4... almost 5lbs down in three days (I'm 5'4"). Would love to hear updates from all the other December sleeves.

Happy New Year!

Here's my update:

Sleeved 12/22 at 250 lbs, currently at 238 lbs, that's 12 pounds lost in 12 days. I'm starting to enter all my meals in myfitnesspal too and so far I'm having a little under 300 calories a day, I still have about 2 1/2 weeks in phase 2 (full liquids + some mushy foods).

I'm on the mushy foods phase, and I'm sort of sad since I can't seem to get enough food in to hit my minimum goal (averaging 800 calories, the NUT wants me at 1400), and I also have stopped losing weight - so my first stall.

I'm also having a dull backache in my lower back coming and going, but almost every day. I think it's from sitting or walking too much, but it might be a UTI. I've got a regular doc appointment this coming Friday so I'll ask for them to check then.

I've been out a few times, but my stamina is so low I tire out fast. I'm a bit worried as I go back to work tomorrow, but it's a desk job so at least I'll be able to stay put if I'm really tired.

Hope everyone is still doing well - I've started the 'real food' phase of my diet, according to my surgeon... but I'm not feeling up to it just yet. I'm sticking with Protein Drinks and yogurt, and one 'real food' a day... otherwise, I feel like I'm going to hurl most of the time, and don't have enough room to drink my Water. 26 pounds in 27 days. I still feel like I should pinch myself.

For those of you having lower back pain - it could be kidneys, but it's also a sign of Constipation.< /p>

If you're having to push to go that means two things - you're not drinking enough water (constipation is a sign of dehydration, because your body is trying to pull Fluid from wherever it can get it), and you should talk to your doc about a stool softener... it shouldn't hurt to poop.

Avhick

MyFitnessPal is a program that helps you track your workouts and nutrition (meals), it's a wonderful app! I find it specially helpful right now because it gives me a breakdown of all the nutrients in taking in specially my Protein, I know I'm not taking in enough so being able to see it in actual numbers is helping me to increase my intake.