Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi just found this forum....

Hi

I just found this forum and am actually really excited about it. My name is Gina and I have been banded since March 15, 2007. I am the only one I know who has actually been through this surgery so I really dont have many people who understand what I have gone through, and although I have tons of support from family and friends no one really understands if they havent been through it. I live in Illnois and had my surgery at Loyola Uiversity Health Center. So far I have lost almost 20 pounds and as of Monday I just had my first adjustlment. Since then I have found that I really need to chew my food better b/c I cant eat without something getting stuck in the band.... and it hurts! I am looking forward to talking to people who have had the surgery and see their success.

Hi Gina. Welcome to the gang! You never know with fills. Some poeple are swollen for awhile and a bit too restricted. Some people don't feel a fill for 2 weeks after they get it. some have too much of a fill and need a slight unfill. Time will tell. As long as you can get your Water in while you're waiting to see... Congrats on your 20 pounds!

Thanks Betsy! I tell you it is sooo frustrating. I am going along fine then all of a sudden I am choking. I went out to Breakfast with a friend and I thought she would freak when all of a sudden I started gagging. It is the trying to get it loose that hurts. This is all so new to me, and I guess it is all trial and error. Hopefully I will learn from experience. Thanks on the 20 pounds. I feel so much better already. I can only imagine what it will feel like after 100 more!

Gina, welcome to LBT! congratulations on your 20 lb loss in 2 mo with the band :) This board is a blessing, because we CAN understand what you're going thru and most of us have been there! I had surgery in Oct 2005 and still come here to catch up and gather tips. The support is awesome.

In my opinion, fills/adjustments are VITAL.. maximize the use of the tool you've been given. For me, each fill was a lesson in learning to eat slower and taking smaller bites. It's a hard lesson to learn, but the good news is you too will recognize what foods to avoid. Unless I'm really careless I don't get "stuck" that often any more.

All the best,

Karla

Thanks Karla! I am so excited to be here. I cant believe the difference from before my fill to after. I now know that bread is a total NO NO, shrimp and anything breaded are nasty, and to keep a glass with about 1/2 of Water handy at all times "just in case". Congrats on your weight loss- it is incredible. What an inspiration to see.

Ditto on shrimp! And stringy cooked spinach. You know my band is a fickle thing. Now that we've gotten to know each other, I am too restricted to do anything but a shake in the morning, and sometimes I feel tight all day. Other days it feels like I could eat anything and everything for dinner. I know when I start to slime and PB, Water usually makes it worse for me. I hate to say it (and I really don't get things stuck often), but I've learned now to pop things back out when they get stuck, so all I need is a discreet paper twoel and an "excuse me". We're all different. I had no idea it would be SUCH a learning curve! And I'm so grateful for my band.....

Oh, and when I feel particularly tight, I order something mushy for dinner out. I know we're supposed to eat difficult foods and chew chew chew, but I can pretty much tell now when I'm too tight to handle a beef and veges...so it's fish and cooked veges, or turkey chili...something like that.

Welcome Gina!

Great work on your 20 lbs -- you should start your ticker to keep us all up-to-date on your progress!

Let me walk you thru the ticker thing.

1. click on someone's ticker - it will take you to the website to create yours.

2. click the box that says: "Create your own ticker"

3. click the "WEIGHT LOSS" or "EVENT" (your choice if you want to track the weight loss or count down to the surgery -- or count from the date you had surgery.) I am going to assume you clicked "WEIGHT LOSS" for the following steps.

4. click the ticker bar you wish to have as yours (there are 13 pages of designs to choose from - to see another page just click the page #) once you have decided - click "NEXT"

5. click the ticker slider you wish to have as yours (there are 7 pages of designs to chose from) once you decided - click "NEXT"

6. complete this page with your options - password; tracking by change of weight or showing actual weight and lbs lost; your target and starting weight; current weight and weight date; your height - click "NEXT"

7. highlight the code in the first box - starts with "[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/..." copy it (right mouse click - copy)

8. goto your "EDIT SIGNATURE" on your lapbandtalk and paste it (right mouse click - paste)

9. preview signature -- then add spaces and additional content as you wish.

Let me know if you need more help -- or if you have questions regarding these instructions.

Good Luck!

(By the way -- I am Gina also!!!!!!!!!!!)

Gina

Thanks!

I havent been on for a couple of days b/c of mothers day and the like. I did a ticker and I hope it works. It is weird to see my weight on a ticker for all to see, but we are all in the same boat here so I feel much more comfortable with it.

Great name btw!

Gina

Ditto on shrimp! And stringy cooked spinach. You know my band is a fickle thing. Now that we've gotten to know each other, I am too restricted to do anything but a shake in the morning, and sometimes I feel tight all day. Other days it feels like I could eat anything and everything for dinner. I know when I start to slime and PB, Water usually makes it worse for me. I hate to say it (and I really don't get things stuck often), but I've learned now to pop things back out when they get stuck, so all I need is a discreet paper twoel and an "excuse me". We're all different. I had no idea it would be SUCH a learning curve! And I'm so grateful for my band.....

What does this mean (slime & Pb)

Thanks

Thanks! There are some days I feel like I canteat anything, and then thereare others where I feel like I can eat New York.

Tody was a New york type of day!!!