Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bailey Bariatrics in Owasso

Oh no! Well at least you are getting the apnea taken care of. I'm kind of nervous to go through the testing process although I'm not new to the process (I've had 90% of the required tests anyway lol) I just hope nothing comes up that will delay the process.

When are you having surgery? Was the insurance approval process difficult?

I don't have a date yet and I'm self pay (ouch). I think I have to pay off the surgery before they will schedule it. I'm hoping to do it in February or March. I have to go back to the dietician because I haven't passed that part yet and I'm pretty sure I won't pass the next one either. You have to be able to eat meals without drinking 30 mins before, 30 mins after or during the meal. It's kicking my butt lol

Oh ok...do you still have to do a 3 or 6 month process if you are self pay? I feel so lost when it comes to the appointments etc. I'm hoping that they give me a checklist, flow chart or something to help me understand things and keep me on track lol!

And if you don't mind me asking about how much does Bailey charge for self pay. I need to start thinking of plan B just in case lol.

No, I don't have to do a 3 or 6 month diet. You will get a bariatric navigator that will schedule most of your appointments (if you use the Bailey Doctors). They will try to group your appointments together but since you live there, you might be better off just taking the first available appointments. It's going to cost $17,000 and that does not include the pre testing. It includes one night in the hospital, the surgeon and the Anesthesia.

Edited by Cota1262

Well good thing you don't have to do the required 3 or 6 months! And $17,000 wow but you know that's actually a lot lower than I thought it would be. I'm hoping to use all the Bailey doctors if possible...I stay 3 min from the hospital so that will be very convenient.

I sure hope you get everything complete and can get your surgery soon :)

I missed the meeting tonight. I'm going to the next one for sure!

Well I was there @@Cota1262 and of course you didn't come say hi to me...chicken!!! LOL it was very helpful and there were a lot of people there. I found it pretty informative.

And welcome to our little Bailey page @@Martene81 ...so glad you found this thread. We've been discussing our journey..well mainly cota and I. Then dude came in and try to talk up a Mexico trip..thanks but no thanks. I ain't flying to mexico to have someone cut me open without any of my regular doctors around. I'm sure they do well down there but this thread is for Bailey folks going through it together so he wasn't appreciated by me. Nothing personal, just don't need to hear about it. Anyway, welcome!!! I have been a little absent from here (busy as all get out at work) but if I can help please ask away! :)

Edited by nymetzfan11

Hey flying to mexico saved me thousands. Its not for everyone. I just passed the billboard for the place in Owasso. for self pay people who aren't loaded with money mexico is a great option and saves lots of money. I think a lot of people are just racist towards mexico.

@@nymetzfan11 thanks! I hate I missed it...I plan on going to the next one. When do you plan to have surgery?

@@pinkbunies I don't think anyone is racist against Mexico lol! I think they are trying to say that those on this thread are ppl that want info about Bailey.

Edited by Martene81

I haven't gotten a surgery date yet. I'm shooting for late February or early March at this point. As for the Mexico thing...I'm not racist about it. It's just that you need to read he thread title. It's for people going through the program at Bailey NOT Mexico that's all. Go post in the Mexico threads is what I'm saying.

nymetzfan11 I wasn't about to go talk to some random guy that may or may not have been you lmao. You have a phone and my number too. ;-). I'm just one dietician appointment away and now I don't know if I'm more scared or excited. I may go to one of the other support groups this month just to keep myself accountable. And for the Mexico thing, I just prefer to know the hygiene standards and get to know my doctor well in advance of him cutting out body pieces. It's nothing against Hispanics, but I've seen way too much tv where people go to Mexico for cheap surgery and end up with a nasty infection or dying. Not to say it doesn't happen in the US, but at least I've been to the hospital and in the OR and have met some people that work there. I feel they are competent and trust them with my life.