Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bailey Bariatrics in Owasso

Jade2015 I had my surgery on March 4th. I see Dr Kirk on Tuesday, I'll ask him about it. I was given the post op food guide but I'm still confused lol. The only reason I was wondering was that I'm doing the My Fitness Pal app and it counts calories, fat, Protein and everything else. I'm so sick of protein and Water, yuck!!!!! But I'm trying to be good. Good luck on your surgery, who is your surgeon?

Jade2015 I had my surgery on March 4th. I see Dr Kirk on Tuesday, I'll ask him about it. I was given the post op food guide but I'm still confused lol. The only reason I was wondering was that I'm doing the My Fitness Pal app and it counts calories, fat, Protein and everything else. I'm so sick of protein and Water, yuck!!!!! But I'm trying to be good. Good luck on your surgery, who is your surgeon?

I would email Renee and ask her, I assume that's what Dr. Kirk will say. Ya I went over a bunch of things with Renee and am going to see if I can help her reformat the information. I have always been great at understand thing but it is very confusing. I have basically been reformatting it for myself so I didn't get confused. Renee said that they gave her a few days about 6 years ago to get that ready and just has been so busy hasn't had the time to update it.

Oh, Dr. Katsis is my surgeon. I am having the sleeve done. I am going to try and attach 4 pictures that I took of my Nutrition Guidelines: Pre & Post - Surgery Nutrition Education for Patients Approved for Roux en Y Gastric Bypass Surgery or Sleeve Gastrectomy, the Dietician Rene gave me. It is pages 10-13 plus a handout she gave me at my last appointment. If these don't attach let me know and I can try private messaging or emailing them. I think page 13 might help you the most. I did not see mention of calories anywhere. Maybe email or call Rene tomorrow. Possibly stop by her office after seeing Dr. Kirk even. I'm sure she wouldn't mind you asking a quick question. Good Luck! I'm headed to preop tomorrow at 2 PM

Rene Norman 918-376-8410

rene.norman@baileymedicalcenter.com

Jade2015 I had my surgery on March 4th.....

I tried rotating these and renaming them but it changed it all on upload. Hope it works and helps.

post-253243-14307136510054_thumb.jpg

post-253243-14307136616266_thumb.jpg

post-253243-14307136989192_thumb.jpg

post-253243-14307137125846_thumb.jpg

post-253243-14307137249371_thumb.jpg

I emailed Rene and this was her response:

It’s interesting that some people are fixated on calories, without realizing at the early part of the post-surgery phase is when your body uses it’s fats stores for energy, and there’s no way to calculate how many calories that provides. There are really no good energy/calorie calculations for people in the obese category regarding weight. I’d love for Bailey to spend LOTS of money for something called “Bod Pod” which a lot of Division I athletics and professional sports teams have. All you have to do is sit in this for a short period of time and a basal metabolism is calculated. Right now, it’s about finding out what you need based on your own experience. It’s great you are in there offer support and encouragement. I’ve been hearing the My Fitness Pal will eventually block you from entering information if the person always has calories under 1200/day. The My Fitness Pal is really for people with normal nutrition.

Yep. Basically our body is burning up so much fat that even if we put in 1000 out body will not exactly absorb that much. Don't over eat and cause any pain.

Hello all! I finally have a surgery date...May 27th with Dr. VARNELL. @@Cota1262 I'm a little confused on all the post op diet plans too but I'm hoping I'll get the hang of it as I go. From what I've read and heard from others is they don't focus on calories, well not at the early stage anyway. Even though you are board with the Water and Protein, I'd focus on those for now. Once you are further out and able to resume a more normal diet, you may want to keep calories in mind...especially with the sleeve.

@@Martene81 I'm happy that you got your surgery date. I didn't expect it to be that early. I'm happy for you. I'm doing pretty good on eating Protein, but I'm doing horrible in the Water.< /p>

Edited by Cota1262

@@Cota1262 thanks! The whole process moved very quickly. Hang in there with the water...I actually love Water and it's all I drink I just have an issue with drinking the required daily amount. Good thing is your liquid requirement doesn't have to only consist of water so as long as your getting your daily liquid amounts than you are doing fine ???? unfortunately for me water is ALL I drink so I know I'm not consuming enough liquids in a day but I'm hoping to do better with this by surgery time.

Well I am home from surgery. It went great. I slept almost 12 hours since I got home yesterday. The worst part about the whole thing is the gas they fill your stomach cavity with. No vomiting and I was up walking 5 hours or so after surgery. My nurses Susan and Karna were amazing. Dr. Katsis said my surgery went amazing. My liver was perfect and had shrunk perfectly. I am happy with how things went and excited to see what the next year brings.

So tomorrow I get to start Phase 2 - full liquids. So watered-down yogurts and cream Soups. I can be kinda picky. Renee said I could make a potato Soup with chicken broth. So starting there. Maybe some tomatoes soup too. Just excited to change it up a bit. Going to try and get back on a schedule tomorrow. Just been enjoying g the rest.

So tomorrow I get to start Phase 2 - full liquids. So watered-down yogurts and cream Soups. I can be kinda picky. Renee said I could make a potato Soup with chicken broth. So starting there. Maybe some tomatoes soup too. Just excited to change it up a bit. Going to try and get back on a schedule tomorrow. Just been enjoying g the rest.

Edited by Cota1262