Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lost in the process, feeling like it will never happen.

Missed my last appointment at the Weight Loss Center, it was just a Dietitian visit but I feel so lost. I just feel like this is never going to happen and I am going to be huge forever and just keep getting bigger. I have reverted back to terrible eating habits and i am scared to go to the WL Center and get weighed. I do not have a supervised diet from my INS company but was told not to gain any weight.

My very best friend of 25 years was injured in a house fire and since then I have been eating terrible. I know one of the things I need to focus on is emotional eating but this one just blew me out of the Water. Now I don't know what to tell the Center I go to. I knew I had an apt that day last week but I just skipped it. There are just so many appointments and tests to have done I feel like I will never get them all taken care of.

I know I need to call and reschedule I am just ashamed of myself. I just need to get up put my big girl pants on and stop feeling bad for a relapse. Sorry for the pity party just needed to get it off my chest.

Thank you for reading my ramble, if anyone has any helpful solutions with scheduling of appointments please share. I wish I could just take one day to get multiple things done but it never works out that way.

Thanks again :)

Uh oh.......O K here is what you can do: print this out and put in on your fridge door.

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can....begin it, for boldness has genius, power and magin in it." Joahann Wolfgang von Goethe

So you had a false start. Get back on your horse and ride. Call your bariatric center and ask them if you can come back. You did not say whether or not they have reached out to you. Oh well, your fingers and your phone still work, so you should take the first step in getting back on track. This time next year is going to come whether you have your surgery or not. I am encouraging you to take the next right step and get going.

Now just as an "aside", dear...I would love to see you quit beating yourself up, so maybe some night when you are thinking when you are supposed to be sleeping, you could re-invent yoursef with a positive and optimistic moniker...one that shows the initial spark you had when you started this process. I will be thinking of you. I wish you good luck and good health.

Uh oh.......O K here is what you can do: print this out and put in on your fridge door.

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can....begin it, for boldness has genius, power and magin in it." Joahann Wolfgang von Goethe

So you had a false start. Get back on your horse and ride. Call your bariatric center and ask them if you can come back. You did not say whether or not they have reached out to you. Oh well, your fingers and your phone still work, so you should take the first step in getting back on track. This time next year is going to come whether you have your surgery or not. I am encouraging you to take the next right step and get going.

Now just as an "aside", dear...I would love to see you quit beating yourself up, so maybe some night when you are thinking when you are supposed to be sleeping, you could re-invent yoursef with a positive and optimistic moniker...one that shows the initial spark you had when you started this process. I will be thinking of you. I wish you good luck and good health.

Thank you so much for the encouragement! After I posted the above I called and left a msg for rescheduling, hope I can get back where I was.

Just take one thing at a time -- it helps me to make a list and then check off one thing a day -- lets me know I'm that much closer to my goal. Glad you called them, that's a great step in the right direction! You can do it!!

I hate to say this, but tell a partial truth. Part of the reason you intentionally missed the appointment was because of the tragic accident with your friend. You can tell the weight loss center that and leave out the portion about you derailing. Get back on the program, eat right, exercise and make sure you have lost any weight you may have gained so that you won't be disqualified for surgery. Return to that center with confidence that you can do this.

The person who needs to hear the whole truth is a therapist. This won't get any easier and I have read countless posts about the difficulties dealing with the mental detachment to food after surgery. Now is the time to begin dealing with the emotional part of the journey. That is where the real work is. It is possible. It has been done before, it can be done again. Good luck to you.

Just take one thing at a time -- it helps me to make a list and then check off one thing a day -- lets me know I'm that much closer to my goal. Glad you called them, that's a great step in the right direction! You can do it!!

One thing at a time...such a simple yet efficient way to get things done. I am not simple and efficient..lol I am more chaotic. I love the list idea that way I see progress. I will definitely implement the old grade school KISS method (keep it simple stupid) lol. Thank you for your encouragement!

I hate to say this, but tell a partial truth. Part of the reason you intentionally missed the appointment was because of the tragic accident with your friend. You can tell the weight loss center that and leave out the portion about you derailing. Get back on the program, eat right, exercise and make sure you have lost any weight you may have gained so that you won't be disqualified for surgery. Return to that center with confidence that you can do this.

The person who needs to hear the whole truth is a therapist. This won't get any easier and I have read countless posts about the difficulties dealing with the mental detachment to food after surgery. Now is the time to begin dealing with the emotional part of the journey. That is where the real work is. It is possible. It has been done before, it can be done again. Good luck to you.

I am going to tell them that I was with a friend that was in the hospital (not a lie) and the hospital she was taken to is out of our town. I live in Illinois and the hospital I was at is Univ. of Iowa in Iowa City. Its about a 45 min to an hour away. I guess all I can do is just see what they say. I haven't gotten a call back yet so I don't know if I should call them back yet or wait a little longer?

Just wanted to say thank you for your replies. I called the WLC back today since no one had returned my call (patients is a virtue that I was not blessed with). So I talked to one of the girls in the office and she said that everything is okay and scheduled my apt for 11/12. I am so relieved, I was getting all worked up as usual. Now I have to weigh myself and see what damage was done over my little bender.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! :D