Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 9th, that's my surgery date!

I went to my surgeons office and got a surgery date I'd December 9th! So excited but still seems so far away, 54 days! But I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel! Anyone else having surgery in December???

Congrats on getting your date . I was hoping to have aDecember date but instead I am having hip replaced on dec. 3rd. I hope to get RNY mid to late January now. Not sure how long a wait between I ill need but I would not want to have less than 6 weeks.

Hi December People,

My surgery date is December 10. I'm excited but scared. I'm 66 yrs old and hoping I handle recovery well. Luck to all of you!

Cilia

Hi, Cilia! I'm on December 10th also!

I'm doing well. I had my surgery 12/10. My sister is visiting from out of state and she and I just got home from a 2 hour trip to the grocery store to stock her up on the things she can't get at home. I'm tired but not hurting. I was started on soft Proteins yesterday. eggs, grated cheese, Greek yogurt and cottage cheese. I've tried egg and cheese so far with no problems. All in all, I'd have to say that things are going pretty good!

Hi Cheryl. I had RNY surgery on Dec 8th too. As of today, I am down 32 lbs, no dumping or real side effects other than I get tired more easily. Started soft foods Dec 24th. For past 2 days I have hit a plateau, may not be drinking enough Water? Also because my starting weight was so high and I have arthritis in both knees, I have not been able to start exercising yet. Time to dust off my "Sit and Be Fit DVDs and walking laps inside my house to start slowly. I am in Everett, WA north of Seattle. What area of the country do you live in?

Hi I'm Cheryl My surgery date is Dec 8

Hi Cilia, I am 66 also. I know that puts us at the higher end of age allowed surgery. I had RNY surgery on Dec 8th. As of today, I am down 32 lbs, no dumping or real side effects other than I get tired more easily. Started soft foods Dec 24th. For past 2 days I have hit a plateau, may not be drinking enough Water? Also because my starting weight was so high and I have arthritis in both knees, I have not been able to start exercising yet. Time to dust off my "Sit and Be Fit DVDs and walking laps inside my house to start slowly. I am in Everett, WA north of Seattle. What area of the country do you live in?

Cilia how are you doing?

Hi! I had my surgery on Dec 8th. I'm doing ok but having trouble getting in my Protein. Things just aren't appealing to me. Anyone have suggestions?

Hi leonardsmama, Do you have a costco store nearby? If not, I think you can also order a great tasting Protein ready to drink mix online from them too. It has 30 grams of Protein per drink so really helps meet the total protein needed when you are beginning your transition stages to food. It's called Premier Protein. I love the chocolate flavor, like getting a choc. shake once a day. It's 11 oz carton is really good over ice. It does come in other flavors too. It's the only Protein Drink I've tried that doesn't have that horrible medicinal after-taste to it. Hope you can find it, you'll love it.

Hi! I had my surgery on Dec 8th. I'm doing ok but having trouble getting in my protein. Things just aren't appealing to me. Anyone have suggestions?