Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Size zero - har!

I was looking at the label in my slacks today. Size 0x Petite. Only in America can a 202 pound person be a size zero. A PETITE size zero.

My chuckle of the day.

0x, 1x, 2x, 3x........would 0x be a euphemism for size large???? I'm confused. People on here all the time say that are like 175 pounds and wearing a size 6 or 8 for example. The last time I weighed my goal weight (135 - OK, granted it was in 1982), I was wearing a size ten. I know at some point I will have to quit buying clothes on-line and go into a bricks and mortar store and actually try something on. It's just one more post-op challenge to mess with my head.

At my smallest, I remember size 14. I will always have large bones!

0x, 1x, 2x, 3x........would 0x be a euphemism for size large???? I'm confused. People on here all the time say that are like 175 pounds and wearing a size 6 or 8 for example. The last time I weighed my goal weight (135 - OK, granted it was in 1982), I was wearing a size ten. I know at some point I will have to quit buying clothes on-line and go into a bricks and mortar store and actually try something on. It's just one more post-op challenge to mess with my head.

I know, right? I can only vaguely remember being what I weigh now(148) wayyyyy back when i was in high school and I have NO idea what size clothes I wore then but I can tell you that the smallest I ever remember wearing was about a 10 or 12. Sooo, I expected that when I got to my goal, I would likely be wearing at least a 10 or 12. Nope. I'm a size 6 now at 148 lbs. How is that? I think they make the clothes bigger now....Seriously, I did read an article awhile back that said if you are still wearing the same size you did in high school that you are, on average, about 5 lbs heavier than you were then but that the clothing companies have made the clothes a bit bigger. I think it might be more than a little bit bigger!lol

Edited by countrysweet

it's true, the sizes have definitely changed. i have no idea what size i will end up when i finally get out of the Xs! i think it will be a kick to wear anything smaller than a 12, which is the smallest i remember wearing in college.

Yes, vanity sizing is a thing, but at 202? Sounds like European sizing. Ever shop at Chico's? 0, 1 2 and 3 is all they have. Just goes to show you can't even really go by clothing sizes anymore, (but I bet those zero's feel great)!

Yes, vanity sizing is a thing, but at 202? Sounds like European sizing. Ever shop at Chico's? 0, 1 2 and 3 is all they have. Just goes to show you can't even really go by clothing sizes anymore, (but I bet those zero's feel great)!

It was 0x, not 0. But it made me laugh.

Edited by JustWatchMe

That's what I was going to say...Chico's perhaps? I was in there a couple of weeks ago and even some of the 0 sizes were too big. Clothing sizes are absurd. I mention them in my posts so others can understand where I was versus where I am now but they really make no sense. I wear size 6P in slacks but size 10P in dresses. And in tops, I can range from petite small to misses large depending on the manufacturer and style.

All I care about is that I'm no longer in plus sizes. Being both fat and short always meant that everything in the plus department hung like a nightgown or needed a six inch hem and the crotch was often somewhere around my knees. My sister has said for the longest time that designers hate fat women..even those that create plus size fashion for them and I believe she is right about that.

Size 0X is a Women's size isn't it? Not a size 0 as in Misses or especially not Junior's 0.

I didn't even know there was a 0X.

Talk about vanity sizing!

It was a 0x in a plus size store. It just cracked me up. The Petite comes from the length. Trust me I'm not a zero or even a sixteen. I base sizes on a Levi's shirt I bought in 1978 marked L that fit me well when I weighed 156 pounds at 5'6". That's my goal shirt. Today it would probably be considered a negative five.

Yes these slacks are from Catherine's and they are the smallest ones in a style I like. Unfortunately regular slacks usually don't fit my thick waist, no matter what my size. So although I'm happy to have gone down so much, i'm kind of dreading the day when I have to buy slacks in a regular store.

Do you see all the Facebook stuff about not feeling bad, Marilyn Monroe was a size 12?

Well, I looked at some old simplicity patterns for dressmaking, our size 12, was a size 2, back in the day....

Do you see all the Facebook stuff about not feeling bad, Marilyn Monroe was a size 12?

Well, I looked at some old simplicity patterns for dressmaking, our size 12, was a size 2, back in the day....

So......would that have made her a 22?

Marilyn's 12 in the 50's was today's 4 or 6, or what would have been an 8 about 20 years ago.

Dress pattern sizing is very different from ready to wear clothing sizes.

Edited by woo woo