Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the November Sleevers?

Drinking has been no problem for me. I am 6 days post op. I have been gassy, but had no problems at all with things going down. Just trying to ease your fears a bit!

Yay! I'm so happy you are doing well!! What a relief! I'm happy you are feeling okay, and not in too much pain!

How has drinking been? For some reason all of a sudden I'm not too worried about the surgery but the whole drinking after surgery. I'm scared it's gonna burn my poor new tummy... I'm weird but scared lol

Good luck to you, I can't wait to see you shrink! ;-) keep us updated

Sheena :-)

1 day post-op home laying in my bed. Thank goodness, very minor pain and a lot of gas. I have been trying to get in enough walking which has eliminated most of the gas pain. Thanking God for a textbook surgery, could not have asked for anything better.

Side note, I am not sure if all doctors do it automatically but be sure to ask for a surgical binder, feels wonderful when moving around.

Having my endoscopy tomorrow. Already approved by insurance. Surgery in 13 days. I am keeping all who had their surgery already in my prayers for a quick recovery. Please do keep us updated. I hope everyone achieves their goals!! On second day of preop diet and so far so good. Good luck All!!!

[sharedmedia=trackers:tickers:18863]

How is everyone doing? I'm on day 23 of my liquid diet and my willpower is decreasing! It is so hard to only drink Boost and water!! I feel so empty and irritable.... I feel sorry for my family lol! They are hanging in there and supporting me fully, so I am grateful for that.

The 26th cannot come fast enough! I would jump off a bridge for some chicken broth. It will be heavenly when I can have some. This has really tested my commitment to this process. I did have a cup of Decaf tea.... I needed something warm, it's cold here in Kelowna. But I felt so terribly guilty that I WON'T do that again. It's not worth how I felt after.

I hope everyone here is doing well! And everything is going well for you so far.

What has recovery been like, and any major obstacles you would like to share?

Dreamingofhealth why was it so long for you? I had to do two weeks only! I can't imagine!!!

Post op appointments all day tomorrow and surgery on Wednesday! I am so excited!!!!

Because my surgeon is overly careful I guess. He said he wants there to be as less complications as possible and making sure that liver is smaller and healthier will help. I think it's to see if I can fallow a restrictive diet as well-but that's only an assumption :-)

My program required me to lose weight before the surgery. I lost 15 pounds for the liver to get smaller. Then I only had to do a 2 day liquid diet. I thought is better than 2 weeks. I'm currently in the hospital in bed n just paying for me to poop lol

How is everyone doing? I'm on day 23 of my liquid diet and my willpower is decreasing! It is so hard to only drink Boost and water!! I feel so empty and irritable.... I feel sorry for my family lol! They are hanging in there and supporting me fully, so I am grateful for that.

The 26th cannot come fast enough! I would jump off a bridge for some chicken broth. It will be heavenly when I can have some. This has really tested my commitment to this process. I did have a cup of Decaf tea.... I needed something warm, it's cold here in Kelowna. But I felt so terribly guilty that I WON'T do that again. It's not worth how I felt after.

I hope everyone here is doing well! And everything is going well for you so far.

What has recovery been like, and any major obstacles you would like to share?

What's wrong with chicken broth and tea? Those are practically water!

You're so close. Hang in there a little longer! You've got this.

I had my endoscopy last Wednesday, and it turns out I have a hiatal hernia that also needs to be corrected. So now I am getting my sleeve, the hernia repaired, and my gall bladder out. Guess I'm getting my money's worth! LOL! I've lost since I've been on the pre-op diet. Did anyone have to use special soap 5 days prior to their surgery and to put ointment in their nose 2x a day? I start that tomorrow. Dr. said it's to prevent MRSA. Monday is my surgery. I hope that I end up in the hospital for overnight and not more due to the other items being done. Hope I'm feeling okay enough to enjoy the family on Thanksgiving (no, not eating, just being with the family!)!! Getting down to the wire here! Getting excited and nervous at same time!

My program required me to lose weight before the surgery. I lost 15 pounds for the liver to get smaller. Then I only had to do a 2 day liquid diet. I thought is better than 2 weeks. I'm currently in the hospital in bed n just paying for me to poop lol

7 hours until I check in to the hospital!!!! I am soooo beyond excited and not nervous at all!!!

Good luck tomorrow! I remember that morning was so surreal prepping for the surgery at the hospital. I kept thinking... Is this really happening?

I started my process in March and on Nov 6th had my surgery.

I send you prayers for a successful surgery and for a quick recovery!

Other than total cotton mouth because I can't have anything by mouth today, I am doing really well!!! Pain is very tolerable and I've been up and down to use the bathroom and rest my bottom from being on the bed.

Hanging out at the hospital. Tonight is my second night post op. And at first I was not very excited about the 2 day required stay after surgery. But now that I'm here, I'm so glad it's required! If I had been allowed to go home I would be freaking out about all the unknowns im experiencing right now! It's crazy souse! Part of me hopes it continues for a few extra days.. We will see.

The most painful part of this, (yes gas pain sucks) but the worst! Is hiccups! Omg! Aparently they do not happen often in people but they sure are happening in me. Damn does this suck!!!

And no cure.