Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the November Sleevers?

Last day of Clear Liquids and surgery tomorrow! Found berry propel Water last night and I love it. Gonna be more in the cabinet for next week. Not as bad aftertaste as the sugar free Gatorade etc. and my radberry ice crystal light I love too.

Last day of clear liquids and surgery tomorrow! Found berry propel Water last night and I love it. Gonna be more in the cabinet for next week. Not as bad aftertaste as the sugar free Gatorade etc. and my radberry ice crystal light I love too.

The grape and kiwi strawberry propel are amazing too!! :) they have mandarin orange too!

I was released yesterday morning and have been recouping at my parents house. Kinda nice having mom baby me again. Lol

I'm feeling pretty good but still pretty sore. I've only taken one small dose of pain meds and that was right before bed last night.

Weirdest post-op issue... I couldn't wear my contacts into surgery so I wore my glasses. They put a motion sickness patch behind my right ear and she said that it might effect my vision. And it did! I have to take my glasses off to read my phone. But far away stuff is fine. Such a weird reaction!

I'm still not getting in a full 64 oz of Water but I'm getting really close. I never expected it to be such a struggle to drink water! I was used to guzzling down 3+ liters a day, easy!

The only things I've had besides water was chicken bullion in the hospital Tuesday evening, a hot chocolate Protein supplement and some strained chicken and dumplings broth yesterday. I definitely like how the warm liquids feel in my little tummy.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. Can't wait to hear your stories and start sharing our "after" pictures!!!

Glad to hear you are not experiencing lots of pain. Do keep up updated !!

I'm just over 12 hours post-op. So far, so good. I've had some discomfort but nothing unbearable. They have done a great job keeping me medicated.

I will say that sipping the Water is tough. I want to take bigger gulps but even my little ones kinda hurt. In pretty sure it's all gas because I'll burp after almost every drink. Lol

Been doing my hourly walks and finally about to settle into bed and try to get some sleep.< /p>

Sheena,

You weren't rambling, I appreciate your sharing. I am SO looking forward to the surgery. I know this is the best thing for me and I, too, want to be healthier!!

~Chris

Hey! At first I didn't want to tell anyone because I felt like I would be judged, and honestly I have been judged enough for one lifetime. But I told a couple close family members and friends and all I got was love and support. My hubby was a little worried at first. He isn't a fan of surgery, but after I explained how I felt about myself and situation he is 100% on board and wants me to be happy.

After that I felt good about my decision to have surgery and began telling more people.
Whoever I decide to tell can take it or leave it. This is MY LIFE and I want to be around long enough to live it!

I'm happy that I'm getting a second chance at life because being 300 pounds isn't living. I want to do so much and feel like I can't at this size.

Sorry for the ramble!

Sheena :-)

The grape and kiwi strawberry propel are amazing too!! :) they have mandarin orange too!

. Thanks for the advice, I really like it.

Last day of clear liquids and surgery tomorrow! Found berry propel Water last night and I love it. Gonna be more in the cabinet for next week. Not as bad aftertaste as the sugar free Gatorade etc. and my radberry ice crystal light I love too.

We want to know how you are doing.

Got sleeved 11/04/14! Gas pain was the worst but walking and gas-x strips really helped. I too had the nausea patch behind my ear that made my vision blurry. The vision issue went away once the path was removed. sleeping in my recliner has been wonderful as trying to get in and out of the bed proved to be quite painful. My throat was very sore but medicated throat spray helped ( even sipping Water was painful). I feel so much better today. I was able to have the broth from a can of chicken Soup and it was wonderful. Popsicles have been great as well!

Hey! How is everyone doing on their pre op diets?

I'm doing well! I'm on day 9 already and it's going good! The first 3 days were the worst ever... I seriously could have eaten my own arm! But that has passed, but I'm feeling tired but not starving or anything.

I must say I am so proud of myself because I haven't cheated once, not one little bite while making dinner for the family-nothing! And honestly I don't want to. I am totally committed to this process, and I dont want to jeopardize my health anymore. My surgeon put me on this (IMO) crazy preop diet for a reason and if this will help me to not have complications I will do exactly what I'm told.

I am getting so excited!!! Only 19 days away!!!!

I hope everyone is hanging in there! We can do this!

Got sleeved 11/04/14! Gas pain was the worst but walking and gas-x strips really helped. I too had the nausea patch behind my ear that made my vision blurry. The vision issue went away once the path was removed. sleeping in my recliner has been wonderful as trying to get in and out of the bed proved to be quite painful. My throat was very sore but medicated throat spray helped ( even sipping Water was painful). I feel so much better today. I was able to have the broth from a can of chicken Soup and it was wonderful. Popsicles have been great as well!

I'm so happy everything went well! Is your throat sore from the breathing tube?

What kind of medication do you have for pain?

I'm on the 25th... Anyone tried the Protein powders yet? Idk what to get. I guess it is just trial and error?

I'm so happy everything went well! Is your throat sore from the breathing tube?

What kind of medication do you have for pain?

Thank you! I'm so glad it's finally done. I have a short neck so the gas gets trapped causing the sore throat..... I had really bad acid reflux.

I was given a liquid narco as well as a pill that has to be crushed if needed for the pain.

I'm on the 25th... Anyone tried the Protein powders yet? Idk what to get. I guess it is just trial and error?

I'm the 10th, I like premier, oh yeah!, lean shake and nectar. I have plenty of them all.

Hey! How is everyone doing on their pre op diets?

I'm doing well! I'm on day 9 already and it's going good! The first 3 days were the worst ever... I seriously could have eaten my own arm! But that has passed, but I'm feeling tired but not starving or anything.

I must say I am so proud of myself because I haven't cheated once, not one little bite while making dinner for the family-nothing! And honestly I don't want to. I am totally committed to this process, and I dont want to jeopardize my health anymore. My surgeon put me on this (IMO) crazy preop diet for a reason and if this will help me to not have complications I will do exactly what I'm told.

I am getting so excited!!! Only 19 days away!!!!

I hope everyone is hanging in there! We can do this!

That is great. I only have a couple days to go, I'm on the 10th. I am so ready to begin my new life.