Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the November Sleevers?

I am at my clinic right now and just finished my meeting with the dietician. I'm officially on full liquids until surgery on 11/4.

I'm not going to lie, I'm really bummed that I don't at least get to have one "goodbye" meal. But like she reminded me, what good is that going to do? It'll just make me start having those horrible cravings again.

So here we go! 21 days until surgery!

. It's only 3 weeks away!!!! food has a way of calling you back. Lol

I've been working on those changes during my 6 month meetings: not drinking while eating, Proteins first, reading labels, totally cut out pop (even diet) and trying to get all the Water in. Those sugar free additives are a lifesaver!! Next is giving up the straw...ugh. At first I was bummed that my insurance required the 6 months but looking back, I'm glad I had it- this is definitely a lifestyle change for sure!!

. The straw is going to be a challenge for me.

Okay, it's official. Got my lab work date, upper GI date and delivery date for meds. I think I have everything I need. I am a planner. Let's share our lists. Here is mine, tell me if I am missing anything.

Abdominal binder,

B-12 sublingual,

Broths,

Calcuim citrate+D,

GasX Strips,

Heat/cold packs,

Miralax,

Multivitamin,

Pepcid/prilosec/tums,

Protein shakes,

Tylenol liquid

Sippy cup!

. Forgot about that, thanks.

Anyone else start there diet and get leg craps? I had two last night in the same leg. my calf is so tight this morning.

I haven't had that issue but she did address leg cramps in the pre-op diet class yesterday. Try drinking Smart Water or Powerade Zero to help replace lost electrolytes.

I haven't had that issue but she did address leg cramps in the pre-op diet class yesterday. Try drinking Smart Water or Powerade Zero to help replace lost electrolytes.

Thanks I will try that.

My liq diet started 12 Oct-had my flu

Shot yesterday - bad reaction!chills n achey and nausea - ugh-my doc requires 21 days preop liq Protein diet! Hear so

Many good reports on him! I will survive it lol!! Excited to be headed toward a new slimmer me!

You will definitely survive...LOL

I've almost survived my first full day of liquids! If I can just keep my composure after the gym, I'll be super excited. Lol

Edited by angierue

Getting sleeved on 11-12 in Chicago at Northwestern. Can't wait - my mom at bypass 10 years ago and the only regret she has is she didn't do it earlier! I already drink a lot of Protein as I am very active - weight training, cardio and golf. I find vanilla cream and Vitamin Water Orange is a good easy mix. Premier Protein is pretty cheap at costco or on Amazon. Currently 30 and 6-1 310 and am hoping to settle in around 240.

Anyone else in the Chicago area getting sleeved around then?

Edited by graftmw

I've almost survived my first full day of liquids! If I can just keep my composure after the gym, I'll be super excited. Lol

You are going to the gym on your first day on full liquids? You are a trooper. I did not have a great day, Boss's Day. I was given so many treats, I had 1. Back in full effect tomorrow.

I got my sleep study results back today, no sleep apnea.

Has anyone tried nectar brand Protein yet? I want to know what you think is the best flavor, I have Cherry and caribbean cooler.

Getting sleeved on 11-12 in Chicago at Northwestern. Can't wait - my mom at bypass 10 years ago and the only regret she has is she didn't do it earlier! I already drink a lot of Protein as I am very active - weight training, cardio and golf. I find vanilla cream and Vitamin Water Orange is a good easy mix. Premier Protein is pretty cheap at costco or on Amazon. Currently 30 and 6-1 310 and am hoping to settle in around 240.

Anyone else in the Chicago area getting sleeved around then?

Welcome! I am not in Chi-town but we are here to support you on this journey. Have you tried Orange Cream Protein by GNC Total Lean, so yummy.

You are going to the gym on your first day on full liquids? You are a trooper. I did not have a great day, Boss's Day. I was given so many treats, I had 1. Back in full effect tomorrow.

I got my sleep study results back today, no sleep apnea.

I didn't make it to the gym. Blah! I feel bad for not going but I just didn't have the energy. Hopefully I'll feel better this evening and I'll be able to get back on track!