Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved 10/6. I must say my symptoms have been minimal. Some nausea on day 2 and being a bit tired, but that is it. I am back to work after one week all good. Today however I had a bad morning, very depressed and emotional. Cried at a drop of a hat. Is this normal or am I just losing it. Went to the track and walked a mile, came home and did a few things and feel better now, but it was unraveling. Please let me know if anyone else has experienced this.

My husband told me that I wasn't even this emotional after I had our son. Today is the first day I haven't cried (and I was sleeved the day after you.) I've had a relatively easy recovery as well so I'm not unhappy about things.

I've found several things about many people going through the same. Hormones and our entire body has been through a trauma and it's normal for our emotions to be out of whack.

You're okay :)

OH thank you I feel better

hopefully we will continue to progress

and feelings get in tact

to better days

thanks

I was sleeved exactly 2 months prior to my wife. My surgery and recovery were textbook...zero complications and no moodier than normal. My wife on the other hand...she had two hernias repaired, had terrible reflux issues and also a problem getting enough Fluid intake. It took about a month for me to sleep with both eyes closed (in her state of mind, she was not to be trusted! :huh:). However she is doing great now and that early period is a distant memory.

While all is good and right in the universe now, she had mood swings that would drive me batshit crazy! (We live in the South, batshit crazy is proper English...and a valid description of her frame of mind at the time! :P)

You will just have to get through the gettin' through and don't worry, all will be fine. In the meantime, you may want to avoid stupid people, bad drivers and sharp objects. ;)

Good luck on your journey!

I was sleeved 6 days ago n on Saturday I was so sad n depressed. I cried and felt so much regret. Once I vented to my husband I felt better and it did pass the next day but it was crazy for a moment

Mine was 9/10 and I don't know when I've cried so much! Almost all silly things, some when I'm sad but also when I'm happy! It has to be the physical changes. It is getting better, and realizing it is just my body changing helps me handle it.