Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Ladies, and Gent!

Of course,everyday i look forward to the posts from all of you. I have shared having the wls with many people who i am very close too.. i find their support needed to help me to my goal. My circle of family and friends always knew I struggle with my weight for years, so they are sharing my journey to better health. They knew i suffered from depression, Sudden Cardiac Death, cardiac arrhythmia, and other fun health issues..so, hopefully at some point you can share with pride, because this walk is NO picnic, but the results are a better quality of life.

Hugs to all!

In my beginning 6 months of classes before surgery I was very private, and right before surgery I began to tell a few more. The response from the few more I told was so supportive and freeing I was shocked, I felt like I could be real about me and what's going on in my life, in a few cases I was told I inspired others. After surgery I decided I don't care and this is a part of me and my life journey. I'm in an office of about 75 and slowly people have asked, and I am very honest. I don't want to lie to people and them think they can have the same results with Protein drinks and a walk at lunch. People are so much more respectful about food in the office and so incredibly supportive. I have privately been told by many that I have inspired them to get back on track and get healthy. I no longer walk alone at lunch I have 2-3 who join me :-)

It inspires me to keep on track and be held accountable. And it helps others to know know what's going on. I thought I would be the same way and keep it on forever, but I am Sooo Happy I didn't!!

Howdy folks.
I haven't been as active on this board as I would have liked to have been, but here's my 4 month check in.

High weight: 303
Weight at Surgery (10/27): 235
Current Weight: 195

Weight loss has slowed and I have lost quite a bit of hair, but not too much as of yet. I'm at a critical point because between 195 and 200 is where I have gotten "stuck" on my own in the past and ended up regaining.

Diet and exercise are going well, and I'm happy with the decision to have the surgery. I have at least a chance of getting past this sticky spot this time!

Thanks for sharing your successes and challenges. Even though I don't post often, they come to my email and it helps me to know that some of you are going through the same thing.

Peace,

Glenda

Before (July 2013) and After (February 2015)

184148_10150251764627541_168357_n.jpg?oh

10155414_10152959703322696_7987228000599

@@Glyndalin You look great! Congratulations on the weight loss so far! I know you will get past the point where you have been stuck before. I am so proud of all of us and so happy to be in this journey with such great people. Whenever I get stuck on a number now, I get online and get inspiration and I find motivation in your stories. It's also comforting to know that the issues that I have had are normal and not exclusive to me. This website is such a godsend (thanks Alex Brecher!), and so is our leader Beni!

Hello Ladies, and Gent!

Of course,everyday i look forward to the posts from all of you. I have shared having the wls with many people who i am very close too.. i find their support needed to help me to my goal. My circle of family and friends always knew I struggle with my weight for years, so they are sharing my journey to better health. They knew i suffered from depression, Sudden Cardiac Death, cardiac arrhythmia, and other fun health issues..so, hopefully at some point you can share with pride, because this walk is NO picnic, but the results are a better quality of life.

Hugs to all!

You're so right Joankrie!

We do have similar stories.

I came from 290 on a 6' 1" frame. My friends, family and co-workers told me I didn't need to lose the weight--I looked fine, etc.

But I knew.

High blood pressure, C-PAP (for obstructive sleep apnea), diabetes, osteoarthritis in my knees and hips and hands, high cholesterol, skin cancer, and I even had a TIA ("mini" stroke). One doctor visit, I casually asked about bariatric surgery and his response was an immediate and emphatic "YES!" I got my approval letter a week later.

The surgery was a rough experience for me--heart problems and lots of pain kept me hospitalized longer than usual.

I still can't recommend this for anyone unless it's medically necessary and they're willing to do the hard work each of us has had to do and are continuing to do.

But it's worth it. Everything completely resolved or at least reduced.

I'm living a different life now. A better one.

@@Glyndalin

Glenda you look awesome. Amazing progress. Looking at your picture makes me realize I am about the same size as you. I'm at 198lbs. A little more, but it gives me a general visual idea. Photos such as yours are great reality checks because it is so hard to see how good we look. Congratulations, so proud of what you have accomplished.

@@tacycakes

Thank you for your kind words. Leading our group has been a privilege and a honor. I couldn't have done it without you all. The support we have all given each other has been incredible and one of the greatest gifts in my life. When I check in, I know I will have news from someone that I can relate to, feel empathy, help and be helped. There is no therapy that would accomplish that. All from the privacy of my home. It's a blast to know you all.

Thank you everyone.

This past week I was feeling wonderful, I have had slow weeks (.9 lbs) but I have aways lost and not gained, so this morning I am feeling devastated and defeated and like it just can't be true, my scale says I gained 5.3 pounds this weekend!! Friday was one of my best workout days ever!! How can this be?!?!?! I did have on my pajamas and I usually weigh naked....but my leggings and night shirt can't weigh 5 freaking pounds!! :-(

This past week I was feeling wonderful, I have had slow weeks (.9 lbs) but I have aways lost and not gained, so this morning I am feeling devastated and defeated and like it just can't be true, my scale says I gained 5.3 pounds this weekend!! Friday was one of my best workout days ever!! How can this be?!?!?! I did have on my pajamas and I usually weigh naked....but my leggings and night shirt can't weigh 5 freaking pounds!! :-(

Maybe it's in the air bc I'm up 3 lbs today. I too have upped my workouts this past week. I'm guessing Water retention due to my sore muscles screaming at me. You know logically it's impossible it's fat but it hurts to see nonetheless. Up your water intake and let's see what happens next weigh in ❤️

LUNA: I used to live in Newburgh and worked in Poughkeepsie/Hyde Park! New Paltz is a cool town!

And, I agree! I visited my mom over the weekend in CT. And, by the time I got there, my butt was sore! I am used to having the extra padding for comfort! LOL.

Speaking of mom, it is funny how she didn't even say ONE WORD regarding my weight loss. I haven't seen her since Christmas due to all of the snow. Since I saw her last, I have lost 35 pounds. It is funny, she will make nasty comments if I gain one ounce.... Instead, she was pushing donuts, chips, ice cream and other fattening items on me. Looking at her cabinets and refrigerator, I realized where I got all my bad habits from. Mind you, the woman is a 5ft 9in skinny bean pole. So, she just doesn't get it!

The one thing I have learned from this whole experience is that I should not look for reinforcement or support from her... it simply ain't coming. I am resolved.

DC: I don't feel bad not telling work people about my surgery. After I started my pre-op diet in the office, another woman decided to have gastric bypass surgery. I tried asking her questions without seeming too nosey. But, she is one who tells everyone everything. We all have to hear on a regular basis about how she ate too much and threw up. Well, the staff was making so many comments regarding her eating habits and her overly honest recap of what was going on with her, that I decided I would just keep it to myself. I am also the COO and as much as I am friendly with the staff, I don't necessarily spend lots of time "socializing" with them. After all, who wants to eat lunch with the COO? LOL!

Seriously, there are several people who are on their New Years Eve Resolution diets. This has worked out well because I like to cook. When I try a new recipe, I bring it in an share with folks. Again, to everyone, it seems as if I am simply on a diet and not that I have my system altered! ;)

Did you eat out? I had that happen one day last week and it was just because of Water retention due to eating out too much. (We're in the process of moving. Just got into the house on Thursday, so there have been a lot of "eating out" meals lately.) Even when you eat health when you eat out, the salt is higher and can throw your weight off.

It could also be something simple like being a little too "full" in the intestines, or having added some muscle from that great workout (including additional Fluid that builds up after a great workout to help the muscles repair).

And, last but not least, did you weigh at the same time on the same scale (and are you sure the batteries, if it has them, are still good)?

I hope it's just a fluke, but even if it's not, and you know you're eating right and exercising, just stay the course. It will resolve itself. Get a "dammit doll" to get the frustration out and keep going. (I wonder how many calories you can burn beating up a "dammit doll"?)

Peace,

Glenda

I did gained 5 pounds last week also! This week I've gone back down 2 but gosh, what a disappointment! I've backed off my aerobic exercise and need to get back on it!

I did gained 5 pounds last week also! This week I've gone back down 2 but gosh, what a disappointment! I've backed off my aerobic exercise and need to get back on it!

Goodness, it's been a while, I've bounced up and down the 200 lbs scale for the last 7 weeks, I'm tired. I'm frustrated, I guess it's at a crawl now and I got stuck at this point then gained up, waiting until I see the elusive 199, it's hiding from me and I feel like surgery isn't working for me. Sigh, I hate coming here with disappointing news but I don't have much to share, I am still losing some inches and no real Hair loss. Here's some updated photos. I'm in some 16's in all stores and some 14's in some stores. (2nd pic is the 16's, 3rd pic is the 14's)

post-185145-14253551712634_thumb.jpg

post-185145-14253552764278_thumb.jpg

post-185145-14253553220526_thumb.jpg

Yes, the weight gain has slowed down significantly. I think (more or less) our free ride has ended. Now we have to do some serious work. Exercise and watching what we eat is key. The good news is exercising is a lot easier now and the weather will improve very soon. Perhaps we can use the natural Spring boost to get going on our journey with renewed energy. This has been a long winter for us. But there's hope ahead. Lets' not get discouraged because our weight loss is so slow. We have come too far to just go, oh well!

Come on Gladiators, Lets' battle.

Here's my challenge for today. Let's do two things that help us. Today, I pick an afternoon cup of warm tea and 30 minutes of walking. That's what I will do to "love" myself. What can you do?