Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@dc0520

You are looking hot girlfriend. Well done. Your legs are skinny now. Imagine that!

@@Shadow427

Congrats on your shoe bows NSV. So cool. Last winter, I had to get my son to help me put socks on because I couldn't. Most times I would wear shoes without socks. I the winter not so comfortable. I also didn't buy shoes with shoe laces, for the most part I wore slides. Easy to get in and out. Now I wear high heels and all sorts of fun stuff. Heck it's so exciting I even wear high heels around the house, just cause I can. Right now, I am paying bills with my high heel black boots on and I am still in my nightshirt. Heck, I need to practice walking with these because it has been 10 years, at least, since I could walk in heels.

Had my 3 month check up and blood test. Here's "the skinny."

1. Most of us lose between 2 to 4 pounds a week in the first 3 months. I clocked in 4.65 per week. That's better then most. Well done I was told but don't push it. In other words I should eat a bit more. Was told that I could not skip my afternoon snack. Never in my entire life was I told I needed to eat more, lol.

2. My blood work came out fantastic. All the markers are great. But because I am a detail oriented person i did realize my red blood cell differential was slightly elevated:

RDW was 15.8 and the normal range is (12.3 to 15.4)

Of course that's a very small up from the normal range but I decided to investigate. I think this means there is a larger variance in the size of my red blood cells. When they are formed in the bone marrow they are smaller and they mature over their 120 day life span to a larger size. I am not sure how they take the actual sample nor does it matter because my MCV 82 is normal (79-87). Anemia is not suspected at this point. The most common reason for normal MCV and higher RDW is a recent hemorrhage. I did have surgery 3 months ago but I am not sure if that's too long ago to matter. Iron and folate are key in all this. At the 6 month check up I will investigate further if there is still an issue. Certainly I can't expect picture perfect at this point. I am a work in progress and I am getting there.

3. My Vitamin B12 was elevated as well 1279 (211-946 is the normal range). So, I will take one less drop of my sublingual B12 drops. Because I didn't want to take yet one more pill I got a liquid. But the only one I could find had a higher concentration so I calculated 3 drops per day was a little more then the required amount. Well, I am reducing it to 2 drops instead.

4. I was also told that I have to get my timer back out and eat my 3 meals a day over a 20 to 25 minute time. She said it doesn't matter if I eat 1/2 cup or 1 and 1/2 cups as long as I take my time. This is crucial because as hunger returns WLS patients are at a greater risk of snacking. This causes a situation of being hungry all day and snacking all day. This is how you put on weight later. If I eat slowly I will be able to eat more and get sick less and everything will be better overall. Okay, I will pay more attention to time. For me I think this will mean I have to engage in an activity while I eat or I will naturally go too fast because I want to move on.

5. 48 ounces of liquid per day is fine. So happy, because I have not been able to go much higher then that. Obviously, if I exercise a lot or if I am out in hot weather I will have to increase it. But for my current winter indoors life, I'm good.

Pretty good so far. So very grateful for my surgery, my successful journey and the abundant hope I have for the future. Things have not looked this good in my life in a long time.

Hey Beni!! So glad your check up went well!!! You're doing great!!! Yay!!!

@dc0520---You look great!!!! I need to be taking some pics, but most of my clothes I have right now are a tad baggy, even my "skinny" clothes, LOL.

I brought in a tote and a big box of "skinny clothes" from the garage that I'd had packed away. I got through the tote and found some shirts, (most of them are even too big now, so they're in the donate pile) but I just haven't made the time to sit down and see what all is in the other box. Maybe some pants! That would be handy.

@@Shadow427

Congrats on your shoe bows NSV. So cool. Last winter, I had to get my son to help me put socks on because I couldn't. Most times I would wear shoes without socks. I the winter not so comfortable. I also didn't buy shoes with shoe laces, for the most part I wore slides. Easy to get in and out. Now I wear high heels and all sorts of fun stuff. Heck it's so exciting I even wear high heels around the house, just cause I can. Right now, I am paying bills with my high heel black boots on and I am still in my nightshirt. Heck, I need to practice walking with these because it has been 10 years, at least, since I could walk in heels.

OH my gosh, Beni! I'm laughing SO hard right now picturing you walking around in your high heeled boots and night shirt!!!! :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

@smily922

My evening Multivitamin is also the one I tend to forget. I guess I'm tired and fall asleep before I realize. In order to get all my fluids I am now doing a cup of herbal tea at bedtime. I take the Vitamin pill with me from the pill box and place it on a little dish right on my night stand. I go to bed with a cup and a pill in my hand. Sometimes, I even take the pill at 3:00 AM when I go to the bathroom. That night time tea does have its downside.

@@amylynns

Yep, I'm stylin' right now.

@Beni--Was it you who had said something about almost falling with a pair of shoes or slippers that were too big? I had JUST gotten a new pair of slippers in November and spent WAY too much on them, but I wear them all the time and they were SO comfy, I just had to have them. They're not Uggs or anything that expensive, but more than the $10-15 I'd normally spend, LOL.

Yeah, well---I've almost killed myself falling down the stairs with them SO many times because they're way too big (loose) now. I'll go to step down and it'll fly off my foot so I lose my footing trying to keep it on my foot. But I refuse to stop wearing them because I spent too much on the, LOL!! :P

It's a huge nightshirt too because I have not shopped for that yet. It's more then a potato sack, I would have to call it a tent.

@@amylynns

Yes, its sad but all my shoes are dangerous. I can measure an inch and half behind my slides and I can place two fingers behind closed shoes. I tried placing these foam stickies in the inside of the shoe in the back. At least they don't fall off as much but it's just a bandaid. Temporary at best. I think by the time the summer rolls all my shoes are toast.

@Beni--I put some of that foam stuff in my work shoes too. I'm one of those women who does not have a lot of shoes. If I find a pair that are comfy, I wear them until they fall apart. So the ones I'm wearing now really do need to be replaced. They're not only too big, but are scuffed and worn. I've kept my eye out for a new pair, but just haven't found ones I like that fit well.

I don't really like wearing more than an inch or so heel. I'm on my feet a lot at work, and hate sore feet, plus Brett is only about 2" taller than me, so I don't want to wear high heels and be taller than him, LOL!

I don't "dress up" for work really. Slacks or khakis and nice shirt, never a skirt. Although I'd love to wear a "summery" dress this summer!

I find the shoe thing crazy. Fortunately I'm a flip flop girl and there is definitely forgiveness there lol. Since ive hit a size 12 my weight loss has slowed almost to nothing so I've been able to confidently shop some clearance racks. I'm positive I'll lose more but if I didn't I'd be completely happy at this size. It's a good feeling. It took me 3 years to pull the trigger on RNY and now I'm obsessed with planning for plastic surgery. Any one else researching the ps world now?

Beni - you have an awesome personality! You make me smile!

I had 63 pairs of shoes!! most all of them are too big now :-( I am so sad, and broke so I keep trying to wear them, and yes I have about killed myself a few times.

Had my 3 month check up this morning... all vital signs are excellent! And, I am officially down 71 pounds since August! (42 since surgery). I am very happy. Nutritionist said I could start eating Pasta and breads... but, I am going to try and hold off a bit because I LOVE PASTA!!! I actually don't mind the Barilla Plus High Protein pasta....

And, Beni, I too have a nice pair of healed boots. I will have to be vogue like you and wear them with a nightshirt! I am very tall, so, I don't need the heals. But, it sure does feel good to not worry that you are going to break them - I can relate @Pinkpolkadot69!

I have switched to spaghetti squash for Pasta and I told my household we are not going back. My BF is a marathon runner and he gets plenty of carbs from veggies and things. the Pasta and rice is just not needed, WLS person or not. I do not understand why doctors would recommend going back on carbs, knowing for many of us they are addictive and really our body does not need refined sugar or flour.