Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Changes after sleeve

Has anyone had their taste change after having the sleeve done.,. I have not had coffee since surgery.: I was sleeved on October 1

Took a sip of it.. The way I make it and just does not taste the same.:: in a bad way:: which is good

Input please

Thanks

Since my sleeve my taste bud aren't the same either. I can't drink milk it taste awful I use to love to drink a cup now, I can't. Some food taste different too. I've been sleeved Aug 11, 2014. So I am 2 month post-op I still have to introduce food back but it doesn't taste good so I don't eat it. So don't worry much it will get back to normal.

Anything I have with starch in it, tastes like sugar. Example - one bite of rice tasted like a spoon full of sweetened oatmeal. One bite of potato tasted like sweet potato and so on. It is really a strange deterrent to have starches tasting like sugar. Sugar was not a real vice for me before, but now I get my sweet in with my Protein drink so it isn't a very welcome taste.

Yes, my taste buds have definitely changed...My surgery was last monday... Whats so weird for me is when I brush my teeth now, I can't stand my toothpaste. It tastes super strong and it almost makes me want to gag... Anyone experience that?

a few things have been off to me. some things are just way too sweet. crumble of blue cheese tasted way off too last night....

When I was allowed to add Peanut Butter....about 3 weeks out....it tasted different, stronger, but not bad. But, it upset my stomach. Now 9 weeks out I love Peanut Butter. I don't think things taste off or bad now but I notice the flavor more. I'm eating a lot slower and I think truly tasting things now. Sweet stuff is too sweet. I used to put chocolate creamer in my coffee...now a tiny bit goes a long way. Just give yourself some time....what tastes bad now might taste good 2 weeks from now.

It will come back don't worry. My taste drastically changed after surgery but now, ten minths later and 100 lbs. down as my hunger hormone is kicking back in I'm noticing my taste reverting to it's old habits.

Most things are way off for me but people say most times it goes away after a short while. I am hoping it's soon. I miss my glasses of ice Water. They taste funny right now.

It's the Ketosis. The chemical reaction of your body burning FAT instead of glucose.