Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any November Sleevers?

Surgery was Wednesday, had to stay an extra day because I couldn't get my liquids in. Ended up having a hernia repair as well. The pain isn't horrible but trying to drink when you feel full is quite a task. Hopefully it all starts to work together soon.

Good luck to you. Let us know your progress.

Will do...the weight is just falling off.

Edited by ToccoraVSG

Surgery was Wednesday, had to stay an extra day because I couldn't get my liquids in. Ended up having a hernia repair as well. The pain isn't horrible but trying to drink when you feel full is quite a task. Hopefully it all starts to work together soon.

Glad you are not in a lot of pain, the liquids will increase day by day.

I had my sleeve on the 11th as well! I've already lost 9 lbs. and started Phase 2 today!

I had my sleeve on the 11th as well! I've already lost 9 lbs. and started Phase 2 today!

Congrats...welcome to the losers bench.

Congrats...welcome to the losers bench.

Thanks! Only time I've ever been called a loser and felt good about it! Hahahaha!

I'm down 17 lbs since nov 6 surgery day. I think my recovery was awesome. I felt bad, nauseas a few days and had pain a few days but I'm doing so well. I don't have to sip but I am still doing about 3 16 oz Water or crystal lights and a few 8 oz broth. The Greek yogurt and a few Unjury shakes get my Protein in and it takes me about half hour to get each of those in. Saw my surgeon Friday and he said I can do anything just don't lift over 10 lbs. I'm on liquids 2 more weeks but it's ok. I'm going back to work next week.

Super happy.

Best choice ever.

Hoping for 25 lbs this first month!

My post-op diet is:

Days 1-3 Clear Liquids

Days 4-17 full liquids

Days 18-27 puréed foods

Days 28-40 soft foods

Day 41+ solid foods

I'm on clear liquids through day 10, then I think it's a week of full liquids, a week of puréed, a week of soft foods, and then full food.

November 8th :)

tomorrow's my day, and i'm kinda nervous. i have to keep reminding myself of the end prize, and remember all of the stories read here of those that have already been sleeved and are on their way to or already thriving. but i'm definitely going through that "wtf am i doing???"

tomorrow's my day, and i'm kinda nervous. i have to keep reminding myself of the end prize, and remember all of the stories read here of those that have already been sleeved and are on their way to or already thriving. but i'm definitely going through that "wtf am i doing???"

You will be fine. I never thought I could get through it but it is the best decision I have made for myself in a long time. I am 1 week out and clothes are literally too big already. That includes the pre-op diet weight I lost. We are rooting for you!

but i'm definitely going through that "wtf am i doing???"

I was asking myself that the day of surgery and a couple of days after. I'm now 4 days post-op and feeling better.

November 12,2014 Jacksonville, FL and feeling fantastic!

So I'm feeling so much better! Today I am officially one week post op and go for my first post op appt. So the day of surgery I weighed 260 according to my admit paperwork. Today I weighed in after eating twice, just took a shower, and soaking wet hair...and on my period...and i weighed......245!!! 15 lbs in one week!!!! Especially considering that i weighed 271 the day I came home after surgery from all the fluids...that will make anyone feel good. Also im finally starting to get my energy back. I was able to run errands, do laundry, light cleaning, amd cook supper last night. Woke up this morning and immediately started doing laundry again...yay to that! Just think how different we will all look just by Christmas!! :)

Edited by mhugueley