Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else 5'0" and 205?

I haven't seen many posts about ppl with similar height/weight as me. I'm 13 days from my surgery and I would like to hear from others that are or were my my size when they began they're journey. I would like to hear ALL about it! ????

I started my journey at 4'11 and 224, I did a very strict diet for 6.5 months and now am 174. My surgery is Tuesday 10/14, and cant wait to see where I end up. Never been thin in my life, been obese since puberty.

@@smiley922 that is awesome progress!!!! Good luck to you!!

I have been a lil worried because I have not seen many people on this site that are our size. We are on the lower end of the BMI and I'm curious as to how it will be.

Please keep me posted on your progress!! I want to see the new you! ????????????????

I am 5'0 and was 202 when I had my bypass. I am 1 year and 8 months post, and I am in maintenance mode at 120lbs.

Roux en y gastric bypass, I have diabetes, hiatal hernia, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, so my doctor said that the gastric bypass is my best option. I was thinking sleeve as not quit as drastic, but with the hiatal hernia it was really not an option for me.

Been heavy all my life with lots of yoyoing, but the last 6 years all of these comorbities had materialized, need to get my health under control.

Edited by smiley922

I haven't seen many posts about ppl with similar height/weight as me. I'm 13 days from my surgery and I would like to hear from others that are or were my my size when they began they're journey. I would like to hear ALL about it! ????

I am 5' 2" and started at 217, I am 4 months out and have lost 55 lbs. and 29 inches!! Best of luck to you!

@@Michelle Breeding 29 inches???? WOW????????????????

When ppl talk about lbs I can't really imagine, maybe because I never realized when I was gaining weight. I just didn't see the difference but when I imagine 29 inches gone, that really puts things into proper perspective!!!! I can totally picture that!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I can't wait to be on the losing end with you! ????????????????????????????????????????????????????

@@microdot - I did not realize I missed your post. That is exactly what I needed to hear today!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

Deciding between sleeve and the bypass has proven to be very difficult. Initially I was set on the sleeve but after talking to many post-op patients I have reconsidered my decision.

It makes me very excited to know that you were basically in my shoes just 1 year and 8 months ago. I know it may sound cheesy but all of the sudden I got this feeling that if you can do it, I can do it too!!!!

Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU!!! ????????????????

I'm 5'3" weigh 274 pounds.... I'm at the beginning of my journey and have high hopes for the outcome from my bypass when I get it

I am 5 foot and started at 249. I'm nine weeks out from RNY and I am down to 200. Drs. goal is 150, mine is 130. I actually would be much taller if my spine were not curved. I have severe scoliosis; I was once 5.6"!

@@microdot - I did not realize I missed your post. That is exactly what I needed to hear today!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

Deciding between sleeve and the bypass has proven to be very difficult. Initially I was set on the sleeve but after talking to many post-op patients I have reconsidered my decision.

It makes me very excited to know that you were basically in my shoes just 1 year and 8 months ago. I know it may sound cheesy but all of the sudden I got this feeling that if you can do it, I can do it too!!!!

Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU!!! ????????????????

Hi I am 5'0" 208 lbs and currently trying to lose a few more lbs before my surgery which is December 9th! I also had a very hard time choosing between sleeve and bypass. About 2 years ago I was scheduled for the sleeve surgery and my surgery got cancelled a few weeks before. Since then I have decided I truly want the bypass surgery. I have some acid reflux and hear it can be terrible after having the sleeve, where bypass can clear it up. I know weight loss is similar, but hell I can admit it, i want to lose as much as possible, I already have to get down to 127 to have a healthy bmi, I haven't weighed that since high school. My dr. Goal weight for me with the sleeve was 150, with the bypass it is 140. My own goal is 127 because I just want to have a healthy BMI, that is the highest weight I can have and actually have a healthy bmi, I figure I have more of a chance of getting to that goal with bypass surgery. Also it is still the gold standard. Although is is not looking like this is going to happen, the sleeve could be unsuccessful after 15+ years, we already have long term results for the bypass. If you want let's talk more.

Edited by mamamia86

I am 5 foot and started at 249. I'm nine weeks out from RNY and I am down to 200. Drs. goal is 150, mine is 130. I actually would be much taller if my spine were not curved. I have severe scoliosis; I was once 5.6"!

Katherine: congratulations on your pre-surgery weight loss!! I wish you the best of luck!

I'm so glad!! Please feel free to message me any time!