Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 week weigh in...

10 lbs pre-op

17 lbs first two weeks

4 lbs second two weeks!!!!

WTH!!! I burst into tears right there at the doctor's. :(

I'm about the same way. Now 5 weeks out only down 23lb since surgery. Frustrating but I've also lost a size and a half in my clothes so I know something is working!

It's all about perspective and expectations. You lost 17 lbs the FIRST TWO WEEKS!!!!! THat is so awesome! And you lost 4 lbs the next week! Yeah, it's not the big numbers that you had the first 2 weeks but 4 pounds is fantastic! Besides, you're body has just figured out that you are trying to lose weight and is fighting back a bit. Have you ever watched the Biggest Loser? They have a Week 2 curse. You have just experienced their Week 2 curse! lol It's normal and you will continue to lose. But you will not lose as much as you did the first 2 weeks in that same time frame. 4 pounds in a week is still a lot. It's only frustrating because your expectations were that the weight would just fall off and you saw that at first. But now you are at a more normal pace. Just follow the program and you will be good. But know that you will have some weeks where you won't lose anything. And that may actually be several weeks in a row where you don't lose anything--we call this a stall. But then you will drop 5 pounds or whatever it may be. It's a roller coaster--just enjoy the ride!

You have already shown that you are dedicated and motivated and this will keep you on the right path. I say CONGRATULATIONS for losing 4 pounds at this time!!! It really is a big deal. Last year at this time would you be happy with losing 4 pounds in a week? I know I would have.

So, that means you have lost an average of 5.25 lbs per week. I think that's pretty good.

I understand how u feel. I was also down on myself about not losing as much weight as i did in the first two weeks. After talking to others and my doctor i also learned this will happen throughout this process. I've jst worked so hard to receive this surgery i dont want to do anything wrong. Sometimes im afraid i will wake up and all of the weight will be back...lol i know, silly me! I was always the biggest girl in my circle of friends. At my heaviest i weighed 398lbs @ 5'8". I lost 120lbs on my own. Kept it off for years. Then i put back on a little not noticing because when i looked in the mirror i always saw me @ 400lbs. Then i lost again on my own....down to 240lbs but i become legally blind. I can no longer lift,carry,pull,or push anything over 10lbs for the rest of my life. This is to prevent me from going totally blind. To top everything else i later learn i need a kidney transplant. Well u have to be a certain weight to qualify. With all my medical issues my team of docs approved the bypass surgery. I went into surgery at 239lbs and now 195lbs in just 8weeks. Loving the look but ecstatic about being placed on the donors list!!????

I completely understand. I had bypass a little over 3 weeks ago and I stalled 10 days post-op. The scale did not move for a week and a half. Finally last weekend it started going down little by little. I've only lost a total of 13 lbs since surgery. I know it's frustrating. I even came here and complained about it and asked for advice. I am thankful that I'm losing and my clothes are so loose. Keep up the good work and hang in there.

Hi,

First of all I am so happy for you. Your surgery is a success. You're doing all the right things. Your life is changing in awesome ways! So, congratulations! 4 lbs in one week is amazing btw.