Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow morning (October 10) I'm having my surgery at 7:45 a.m.

I am nervous and excited. Hope I can sleep tonight!

Good luck praying for a speedy recovery for you

Luck!!!

Don't worry if you don't sleep much tonight, you'll sleep all day tomorrow. At least I did. I was enjoying that morphine.

Good luck! Wish you a speedy recovery and a great journey.

Good luck! I hope you have an unremarkable recovery :)

Summer

@@mnmlst

Good luck! Let us know how it goes. I go next Tuesday. Can't wait to start my journey.

I didn't do it. I chickened out. I was at the hospital, in my gown, with an IV in my arm and I changed my mind. I just couldn't do it when it came down to it.

I feel very conflicted now.

I ain't even gonna lie, I could see myself doing something like that. I guess you didn't want surgery....today. That could change, no? have you made a list? Think about all the prep work you have done...And why you chose this path in the first place...I'm sure those on the other side would say this ain't for everybody......

I didn't do it. I chickened out. I was at the hospital, in my gown, with an IV in my arm and I changed my mind. I just couldn't do it when it came down to it.

I feel very conflicted now.

I was thinking about you and was going to leave you a message when i saw you post. What happened? Do you mind sharing what you were feeling and thinking ay the time and the same for right now? I'm just curious as someone scheduled for surgery as well.

Sure, @@crystalsleeve . I was thinking about all the cutting and the pain, and my daughter and what could happen to me and how she could grow up without a mom. But what stopped me most of all was the finality of everything. Once this is done, there is no going back. It is forever, forever, and if you don't like post-sleeve life, you're out of luck. I just was overwhelmed with a feeling of not wanting them to touch my whole, happy stomach and cut it to ribbons. I was worried about never enjoying food again. I was worried about barfing up Water and eating 3 bites for dinner forever and never being normal again. I panicked.

Then everyone (my dad, the surgeon, the anesthesiologist) kept saying, you don't have to do this. You don't have to do this. If you're not sure, you shouldn't do this. They kind of talked me out of it.

It was the exact wrong mindset to go in with. I should have gone in thinking about how relatively easy the pre-op diet was, and how sleeved life would be even easier, since I wouldn't have hunger, at least initially. I should have thought about how I won't be teaching my daughter how to gorge herself on junk. I should have thought about avoiding diabetes and hypertension and heart surgery from plaque.

If I go back, I will also have my husband with me instead of my dad. He was the wrong person to take. I didn't think it would matter who sat with me before they wheeled me in, but it did. Choose wisely.

I'm feeling right now like I will reschedule on Monday and hope I don't have to re-do the whole liquid diet. But I'm going to talk to my husband about it tonight. He is not thrilled with me right now. My mom is totally thrilled. She was scared about the surgery, and she is now trying to keep me from rescheduling.

OK gotta go get my daughter some crayons. Hope my experience helps others!

Hey we all have the right to change our minds it's normal to be nervous I am and I haven't had mine yet but u hit on something there about not taking someone who will talk u out of it whoever sits with us needs to support us but then he did u said I want to leave and he supported u I also think about all those things cutting my stomach irreversable etc I was terrified too at the thought of eating so little I work a hard labor intensive job and I thought well so many have had this procedure and everyone eats lol so I'll be fine I also think of being heavy for so long increasing health problems family history of diabetes strokes etc I watched my mother die at 56 from issues related to being so heavy and eating bad food I'm 46 now I don't have kids as u do but my husband isn't well and I'm the main bread winner now so if go down I have to think of what will happen to him as he has no family in the state and his parents are both gone a long time now that's what will keep my mind on the decision I made to have this procedure I know that I need this tool to help me I also keep in mind that with all new things this too will become our new normal after some time and adjustment It will just be normal