Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pain in upper abdomen

I'm thinking you have some swelling still from surgery? Some people have no problem, others do. If you are very worried, put a call into your doc or send him/her a text? Is it all the time? After drinking or eating? A little more info might give a clearer picture. Hugs!

I was told pain should decrease. Any increase call your doctor.

Day 3 of any surgery is always the worst day. You should start feeling better soon. If the pain doesn't start going away or if it gets much worse, go to the ER. Good luck!

Are you taking your pain meds, resting, heat/ cold packs, lot of liquid to sip? Walking to help move the gas along? Three days out can be too early to tell. Do you have a fever?, and redness or oozing from your incisions or port?

When you awake in the morning, why not give a shout out to your doc, to alay your fears, in for a penny, in for a pound, the new rules of taking care of you,

Dony

T forget to follow through with us... Hugs!

First week was a roller coaster of better then worse. Try ice packs for 15 min every few hours. Don't leave them too long because they restrict blood flow to the area and that actually slows down healing

Did you have your band placed by a doctor near you? Really, that ideally is the best person to contact. We can only tell you our experience, and sympathize ,but only a trained professional, checking you, can give you an accurate answer. But, you already know this right? If something is really causing pain, please don't hesitate to seek medical care regardless of who or where your band was placed. If you need reassurance that the first week to ten days can be rough, then yes, some have more discomfort than others. By all means, if you were given pain relievers, use them,if not, ask the doc if regular Tylenol is ok for you. I had to have Tylenol / codeine, I was in pain.

Kitt - yeah I got the band placed by a laparoscopy and robotic surgeon who tops the list here in India ....

I am already feeling almost settled now 7 days after my surgery....

I have been told to visit him after 7-9 days of surgery.... Let's see how that goes...

Have lost like 6.50 KGS in 7 days straight post op.....

Cheers