Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Sleevers 1st oct

Hi I would like to speak with fellow Sleevers who have recently had surgery I had my surgery 4th oct 2014 left hospital yesterday Glasgow United Kingdom - so far between pre op diet to date lost 21 pound but I am really struggling with fluids and been very emotional and moody no hunger or desire for food at present !! How are u all getting on ??

I had mine on Oct 1st and feel the same way. I am really tired of the liquid diet and looking forward to Protein Shakes. I am very moody also - my poor husband! The smell of everything he cooks for himself upsets my stomach.

Aw Maggie it's good to know I'm not alone - I know my husband has felt it the last 48 hours - I heard moody but I took that to be around the need for food I'm not yet craving food but my hormones certainly feel all over the place - I'm struggling to take the soluble Vitamins

I have been prescribed a soluble one tablet a day called forceval it tastes horrid they accidentally gave me the capsule (large) yesterday in. The hospital which I was able to swallow and digest no problem before they noticed the error lol this really surprised me ..

Hi,

I noticed you had your op in Glasgow, im also from Scotland and looking at options but struggling money wise- would you mind telling me where you had it done and how you've found it all? Not sure whether to go abroad or get it done at home.

Thanks!

Had mine on October 7th. First couple days were tough. It's getting easier. I'm mainly doing broths and juice. I'm on full liquid. In 3 days I go to pureed for 2 weeks then on a regular diet. I've had head hunger today terrible. It doesn't help my wife is 7 months pregnant and eating in front of me in addition to fixing normal meals for our other kids. Oh if only my eyes could eat.

Totally understand the head hunger! I had mine on oct 1 and I am in the Protein Shakes not phase until October 28. Then I can do some soft foods. Can't wait for that!

Hi smacke - I had mine done for Free on the NHS in Glasgow Royal infirmary - by a surgeon by the name of mrs carol Craig who was wonderful- I heard she also sees private patients via Ross hall hospital in Glasgow - I was on the Glasgow weight management programme for nearly 2 years before getting surgery it was a long road to attend many many group and individual sessions with dieticians and physiologist- the critea for surgery on the nhs in Scotland has recently changed you should look into this with your local health board it's a long road but 1st rate service with free lifetime aftercare xx

I had my sleeve Oct 1st also! I have been HANGRY as well this weekend :-) I am so ready for something different than the shakes. I have also stayed the same weight for 4 days this week and today was actually UP 1 pound! I am trying not to be discouraged and just keep going, but this has been tough! I have my follow up with my surgeon this Thursday. I have scheduled an appointment with the nutritionist as well so that I can make sure I am making the correct choices this next phase. Good Luck everyone! I hope to stay in touch!

I had my sleeve 4th oct - I have had head hunger but no stomach I'm satisfied - today I moved onto full liquids I had orange juice cream of chicken Soup and low fat custard staggered through the day and could not finish it all off. I weighed myself and in 42lb down (16lb post op) from my HW 322 CW 280 GW164 My only regret do far is not having the surgery years ago.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches