Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 26, 2014 I went to get thru the Lap Band procedure. The first few days were horrible because of the pain plus the band was too tight. Earlier yesterday morning, Saturday October4, 2014 I woke up dry heaving but only spit and saliva came out. At this moment, I am assuming this is the result of 2 laxatives taken from the night before because once the dump came out, I felt much better. Later on in the morning, I called the dr office requesting one of the physicians to call back based off of what happened earlier. Once he called back, the assumption would be everything is ok since nothing came up and everything from that point stays down.

Now, I am feeling the port on my lower left side of my belly. Now I am nervous leaving me to call the DR back tomorrow to ensure everything is ok.

Sorry you having some trouble. When in doubt call the Dr. Sending comfort to you :)

Everyone can feel their port. And please try to avoid dry heaving or full blown vomiting with the band early on and even later on. It's one of the major reasons bands slip. But since there was nothing in your stomach and your doctor isn't worried you must be fine.

I'm 5yrs out from Realize Banding. Right after surgery, I was in so much pain, they had to keep me in hosp. for a day. It was supposed to be an outpatient procedure. I think the pain originated from the port being sewn to my tummy muscle.

My band was installed with no fill in it. I wonder why your new band is "too tight'?

I'm pretty sure it's common practice to install the bands empty, though I don't know-know.

Have you had any fills yet?

My experience: A too-tight fill results in those awful hacking night coughs, bad burning acidy tummy & esophogus that could result in ulcers, vomiting (usually a mucus plug comes out & not much more), and no weight loss.

It's important to get Fluid out asap if your band is filled too tight to prevent other medical complications like I've had.

Greetings Everyone:

I have not had any fills yet but plan on going in today to make sure my band along with the ports are ok. My intended fill date is October 13...

@@SASSYSISTER19438 take a deep breath. You are in your first week of being banded and really my friend this is the worst part of it all. The port area is tender and everything inside is swollen from the surgery. You need to take the time to rest relax and heal. Lapband surgery even though it is laproscopic surgery is still MAJOR surgery. Your body needs to rest and heal. You probably had to releases some anesthesia left over in your body, and once you were able to move your bowels your felt much better.

If you still feel nauseated ask your Dr. to give you something to help you with that feeling. For me what worked was a sweet tea that I just sipped on from a spoon. Make Decaf tea and sweeten with Stevia or Sweet n Low splenda what ever works for you. Let it cool until warm and then just spoon it slowly. It helps to relax the esophagus muscles. You can take some gas ex if you are still having that gas feeling. I also found a warm compress under my back and shoulder helped a-lot.

For the port area if that is hurting you put an ice pack on the site and that will help the inflammation and sooth the pain. Also make some sugar free ice pops these will help the internal swelling as well as keep you hydrated.

Remember to give yourself lots of TLC, this is bigger then having a tooth pulled you had major surgery. Rest, relax and soon you will be feeling much better!!

Let us know how your doing in a few days!

Earlier this morning, I had my first fill but feeling hungry all day. How long to stay on liquid diet?

I had my first fill last Thursday. I had to stay on soft foods for 2 days....

Earlier this morning, I had my first fill but feeling hungry all day. How long to stay on liquid diet?

Your doctor didn't say? Mine asked me to go 24 hours on liquids such as Protein shakes and cream Soups. Then to take it easy and try to avoid steaks, chicken and most really dense dry food for another 24.