Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What kinda pain is this

So I'm 5 days out. I ate a yogurt within an hour and I had a Popsicle. I'm starting to think I shouldn't have. I've been feeling a nagging pain every since. However that was around noon, now along with the pain my stomach is growling. I'm not sure what to do. Sip or just let it be thinking it may be still full or irritated. Any thoughts?

So I'm 5 days out. I ate a yogurt within an hour and I had a Popsicle. I'm starting to think I shouldn't have. I've been feeling a nagging pain every since. However that was around noon, now along with the pain my stomach is growling. I'm not sure what to do. Sip or just let it be thinking it may be still full or irritated. Any thoughts?

At five days out your sleeve is still pretty swollen, I was on a two week liquid diet and I couldn't push it too soon. Have you had normal bowel movements yet? Maybe you're constipated? Pretty normal in the beginning. Do you take an antacid? Maybe talk to your doctor soon.

Maybe stay away from thick foods like yogurt for now and concentrate on your liquids. Sounds like it didn't agree.

My doc's plan specifically disallows yogurt until three weeks out due to possible problems.

I would def check with your doc though! :)

Edited by woo woo

You may as well give your new stomach a name, because it will be talking to you frequently. Mine is "Miss Tummy", and she does not hesitate to let me know if she doesn't like something, even if it was something that my old stomach and taste buds used to like.

A few times I have eaten something too soon (like steamed cauliflower with cheese) and she gave it back. Oh, yeah, another thing was Peanut Butter, and another was fish. And if you take too big of a bite and something gets hung up in your throat or is too dry, it is difficult to drink enough Fluid to wash it down.

Foods that you used to tolerate may taste or digest differently than it used too. Dairy (like your yogurt) and eggs are a good example. You are going to have to be your own lab rat as you re-introduce old foods to your new digestive system.

If you are like me, then you were so used to just eating and drinking when you felt like it, but now your new stomach will let you know that you have a new boss in the kitchen. When Miss Tummy gets disagreeable, she will let me suffer for at least four hours to teach me a lesson. You will become a good student very quickly because the alternative is generally unpleasant.

Of course, you should not diminish the importance of any symptom, especially signs of dehydration which can land you back in the E R very quickly. I hope this helps in some way. I wish you good luck and good health.

Five days out my stomach was doing all kinds of crazy things. I had no idea what the heck was going on in there. I never felt hungry but it would sometimes rumble, I had lower abdominal cramps, just all sorts of weird feelings and discomfort. And of course the wonderful pain from the main incision. I felt pretty bad. But at just under 2 weeks, it started straightening out. I think the swelling goes down, and your body starts adjusting. Do not worry about it. Just drink fluids, take pain meds, and REST. Oh, by the way, thick foods killed me at first. Try bouillon.

Edited by JCP

@@woo woo I'm thinking to stay away from thick foods such as yogurt and pudding for now. Jello didn't work to well, i think I figured that out as well. @ miss mac thanks for the info and too funny on naming your sleeve lol. Not sure what to call mine but she's definitely grumpy, always making noises and has been pretty pissed off today for sure. @@JCP I am resting no more trips to target. Thanks guys!

I'm 5 days out as well.. my appetite when I have one is very strong. I can eat only a teaspoon of grits or mashed potatoes/sweet or white I enjoy baked or grilled catfish and salmon. But very small portions. I came home with small diarrhea but no more bowel movements since friday oct 3. I'm not so concerned. I just started back on my shakes and Soups only. Jello or greek yogurt to curb my appetite