Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FYI, for those having difficulty getting in Protein because of the taste, try using Diet hot chocolate and add a scoop of unflavored whey isolate Protein Powder. The one I use is Unjury. It's warm, easy on the stomach, and taste great. Can't even tell the protein is in it.

I agree on the Protein hot chocolate. It is one of my favorites. I order the BariWise brand so I'm not sure how that compares nutrition-wise to the diet hot chocolate with added protein, but either way it is a great option, especially moving into the colder months.

Thanks for the hint. I'm going to remember that when it's time to get started. I tried the Premier strawberry and didn't like it, although lots of people do seem to like Premier. I've ordered unflavored unjury and GENEPRO so I hope they are truly unflavored! I've also got a sample pack of the nectar Protein drinks.

Thanks for the hint. I'm going to remember that when it's time to get started. I tried the Premier strawberry and didn't like it, although lots of people do seem to like Premier. I've ordered unflavored Unjury and GENEPRO so I hope they are truly unflavored! I've also got a sample pack of the nectar Protein Drinks.< /p>

Talk with you NUT about Genepro because my NUT and a dietician says it's not good Protein that you really only get about 10g of protein. The rest is amino acids. I no longer use Genepro.

I was all ready to start adding unflavored powdered whey to everything and then I noticed that it was getting really clumpy and sticking together when used in Hot drinks or cooked in food. Also, one scoop doesn't sound like much but when you're only eating 3-4 ounces.....one scoop is alot and does change the consistency or texture of the the food and drinks.< /p>

So I went to premier Protein. I also agree with you on the strawberry. I only drink the chocolate. Tried the strawberry and vanilla and don't care of either one. I use the Isopure Zero carb flavored drinks as well. 40 grams Protein in 20 ounces. But again.....I only care for certain flavors as some of them taste terrible to me.

This is from UNJURY's label....-

For all unjury flavors, do not use in liquids hotter than 140º F. Proteins, when heated, change texture. For example, you have seen an egg white go from a clear gel, to firm white, when cooked. For Unjury, in a hot liquid, the Proteins tend to clump.

If anyone knows of any tricks to avoid the clumping when mixed with hot items.....please advise. More Protein options are always desired. ;)

I was all ready to start adding unflavored powdered whey to everything and then I noticed that it was getting really clumpy and sticking together when used in hot drinks or cooked in food. Also, one scoop doesn't sound like much but when you're only eating 3-4 ounces.....one scoop is alot and does change the consistency or texture of the the food and drinks.< /p>

So I went to premier Protein. I also agree with you on the strawberry. I only drink the chocolate. Tried the strawberry and vanilla and don't care of either one. I use the Isopure Zero carb flavored drinks as well. 40 grams Protein in 20 ounces. But again.....I only care for certain flavors as some of them taste terrible to me.

This is from UNJURY's label....-

For all unjury flavors, do not use in liquids hotter than 140º F. Proteins, when heated, change texture. For example, you have seen an egg white go from a clear gel, to firm white, when cooked. For Unjury, in a hot liquid, the Proteins tend to clump.

If anyone knows of any tricks to avoid the clumping when mixed with hot items.....please advise. More Protein options are always desired. ;)

Heat liquid below 140 degrees use a wire wisk to mix in the protein after well mixed then reheat to desired temp. This works for me when using unjury, I have not tried this techn with other brands.

After surgery I used the Unjury chicken Soup & had the same clumping issue. It definitely will not mix if the liquid is to hot. I still drink the chicken soup if I don't feel well but I don't heat the Water to "hot". I do "warm". I then stir in the powder & when it is well mixed (no clumps) I put it back in the microwave & heat it some more. I don't like really hot food or drinks so foods that are "very warm" work well for me. BTW - I use a wire wisk & it works.

I am three days post op and love the unflavored Unjury. Tried it in Tomato Soup today. I was told warm the Soup add it to the blender with the Protein Powder and then blend. Once that parts done have it pour through a sieve into your bowl and it should be safe from clumps.

I am three days post op and love the unflavored unjury. Tried it in Tomato Soup today. I was told warm the Soup add it to the blender with the Protein powder and then blend. Once that parts done have it pour through a sieve into your bowl and it should be safe from clumps.

If you use a sieve to remove the clumps......well then, you've basically removed the whey Protein as well. Another little tidbit about when whey is heated..... it destroys the whey protein in the process, thus rendering it useless.

I just avoid using it at all when warming or heating food or liquids. :(