Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reached My Lifetime Maximum. No more follow up care?

So I reached my lifetime maximum for my sleeve procedure about 1/2 way through last year. I'm scheduled for my 1 year follow up and at this point neither the appointment nor the labs will be covered. Basically no follow up care will be covered ever again according to BCBS of KC. Seriously? I'm thinking about cancelling my 1 year follow up entirely. My Dr. is no longer with the practice, so I have no idea who I'll see, I was checked 6 months ago and labs were perfect, I continue to take my supplements as directed. I'm in my goal range and maintaining nicely. Thinking this can wait for my yearly physical in 6 months with my regular doc when the labs and the appointment will be covered in full because they will be coded as "well care". Thoughts?

Maybe call the bariatric practice and ask what all tests you should ask for, and then go and request them through your primary doctor so they are covered.

I am sure the bariatric center would be happy to try and work with you if you call and explain the situation.

I'm sorry this is happening!

As I reading your post I was going to advise just waiting until your next physical with your PCP, but by the time I got to the end, you already suggested it. I's think that would be sufficient unless you are experiencing any symptoms of Vitamin deficiency or whatnot.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches