Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First of happy to report that my waist measurement is finally less than my inseam!

Secondly I am starting to have people tell me not to lose anymore weight. Wtf? It's none of their business. Also I am still technically overweight for my height. I could lose another 20-25lbs of fat that I do still have. What do you tell people when they say things like that? I find it extremely rude of them.

Wow. Congrats. I won't ever be able to say that, but I'll blame that on having a 32" inseam.

I have heard that same statement from a few folks. I've always questioned whether they truly feel that way or whether they're thinking of it as a compliment.

I know none of these folks can see what I truly see and how much is really still there to lose, so regardless of their motivation, I try to take it as a compliment and typically respond with something like "thank you but my body will stop me when I'm at the right point". I doubt anyone would say anything like that to be rude, especially if they knew us before the surgery, but I guess there could be a bad apple somewhere.

I really don't get it. Why do people feel like they can comment on your weight like it's a topic for discussion. I is so rude. It's almost like telling a cancer patient he/she should stop doing so many chemo treatments. HELLO obesity is a desease. This is the cure for us. If it is your best friend, sister or mother, perhaps they can comment but only if you ask. Every time I went on a diet my mother would always say not to take it too far or I would get wrinkles. HELLO, wrinkles, really? I am 263 lbs do you not see?

I really think they consider it almost a compliment and that they're trying to help us.

Think of it this way - say you work with a lady who has a disease that caused her to lose her hair. You may never have known, but then one weekend she goes out and gets a new wig. You then see her Monday morning and most genuine people (those who notice) may say something like "oh I love what you've done with your hair". She may then go back to her office and think you were extremely rude for thinking you had the right to comment on her hair.

Now of course that is a bit extreme for an example, but shows how something we see as innocent may not be taken the same way by someone suffering (like us with weight).

I have to agree with winning_by_losing. I find that most people are generally trying to be nice. I always take it as a compliment when I hear.."hey don't lose any more weight" because I know they mean it our of love and it's their way of telling me how well I have done. I really don't think most people mean to be malicious.