Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im sure this has been discussed to death...

But i am feeling out of it and need to hear it straight. I am 4.5 months out, 70lbs down feel great workout like an animal :). And am

So sick of having these days where im a bottomless pit. I do see that its common wen eating carbs and i have to admit i have days wen im guilty of that ( this morning had a cappucino and a croissant with sweet cheese) that used to be my

Daily Breakfast b4 surgery. ( since

Sx i dont ever want breakfast and

Can not neat until 2pm and then its bc im

Making myself) And feel so angry with myself that i ate it and although i was full it didnt last long and i went on a carb binge, im pmsing and want everything bad. I can eat

Carbs and never feel Full Which worries me that i am

Ruining sleeve and then ill have a piece of chicken and am overstuffed. I Dont really know what i wanna hear from u all maybe just that im

Not alone and we all have days (or 3) where we can crave stuff and not feel so energetic to workout. I am laying on the couch right now meanwhile this is the time i am alwaysss doing my workout. ( 5-6 days a week kickboxing) also anxious bc im

Seeing so many posts regarding no restriction at 6

Months out and maybe worry im cutting close to 6 months and its my turn???? im a mess today help

It actually doesn't matter how many people feel this way or have felt this way or will feel this way.

The question is, are you now going to medicate with food your bad feelings that you started out feeling and are now just adding to with your negative self-talk: "I feel bad about feeling bad, which is making me feel even worse, so I'm now focusing on how bad I'm feeling, while feeling worse and worse all the time!"

No one can tell YOU how to "feel better." That's something only YOU can figure out. But chances are, whatever will work for you is something different than what you're doing now.

If you're looking for someone to tell you it's OK to eat bad stuff and that we all do it, maybe someone else can help you out.

But if you want someone to tell you to get up off the floor and stand up for yourself, then: Get up off the floor and stand up for yourself.

I know how you feel. I'm 3.5 months out; i'd lost 60 lbs before the surgery and have lost 53 since. I know I've hit a plateau and have been hovering between 238-240 the past 3 weeks or so. But those carbs... I can eat three or four CLIF bars or LUNA bars without feeling the least bit full, but three bites of chicken or eggs and I'm done. I'm trying the approach now that "if I can eat too much of it and not get full, then its not good for me". Hoping this works...

I'm with VSGAnn on this one. We all knew we had to make changes postop for this surgery to work. The number one rule is Protein first...carbs last. You've already figured out the why...protein fills you up, carbs do not. You've got plenty of restriction, you are just choosing to eat the wrong things. It's all about choices and if you are feeling bad about the ones you are making then you need to make different ones. You need to figure out how to deal with your guilt and anger besides eating more carbs.

I may be in your shoes one day, but at just over 9 months out I'm still dedicated to the commitment I made when I decided to have this surgery. If you don't have a support group or counselor to talk to, I suggest reading "The Emotional First Aid Kit - a Practical Guide to life after Bariatric Surgery . It really helped me prepare mentally for this new lifestyle.

Thanks guys! I completely understand that this is all my fault and maybe I am wrong for looking for the "misery loves company "route, but sometimes when I'm having a down moment and I don't want to feel like a complete failure I just need a reminder that I'm human not an excuse to make it okay. We are all on the same journey and some of us have good days and bad days and Im sure that there are people that never slip up, but I can't imagine that that's the majority?

Easy answer, for real. When you are tempted to reach for the carbs, give yourself permission to eat a few bites of something you will truly enjoy. Before you eat it, though, have a hardboiled egg, a chunk of cheese, a palmful of almonds or a slice or two of lunchmeat. Wait 10-15 minutes and then enjoy your carbs. I would bet you will only eat a bite or two if you even choose to have any at all.

I keep cheese cubes in the fridge at all times. I only buy my most favorite of cheeses, and I buy the expensive stuff, full fat and full flavor. I also keep roast beef, deviled eggs and some sort of shrimp salad in the fridge at all times so if I'm starving, I can grab and go. Being prepared is a huge deal because most grab and go stuff that is pre prepared is carbs and that doesn't hold me long. And beef Jerky. I always have beef jerky!

Lipstick lady omg i adore u! This suggestion just made me get up and make deviled eggs, it's something I love and never thought to make and it's something great to always have on hand! As I bought the croissant this morning I thought to myself if I had something else I probably wouldn't take it but if I don't eat this I will be hungry, I hate to cook so for me this is a new journey and I'm slowly starting to make easy stuff but. Mostly purchase, in general I am not big on meats, not that big on fish either I always do carbs I love vegetables but I know that vegetables in the long run don't fill me up. So will have to try to come up with simple meal ideas, love cheese too. So is deviled egg considered something i can eat freely?

And I definitely will try to do my Protein and if I want the carb later I will have a bite that's a great idea

I love deviled eggs. I can usually only eat half, I don't worry about the fat from the mayo because I don't worry about fat and I don't use that much. I make mine as flavorful as possible with horseradish, bacon bits or mustard, too. I have figured out that I need a strong punch of flavor to be satisfied.

Edamame is another staple. I prefer hot, but cold will do in a pinch and the time it takes to eat them calms me need to eat a lot, fast.

since you are only able to eat 1 half can you tell me how long that curbs your hunger for, i just ate 2 halves and im satisfied but wonder if i could have just stopped at the 1 1/2?