Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was your first soft food?

Went to the store and picked up some items from my Nut's suggested shopping list: eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, tuna, some light Soups for the blender, etc. Nervous about trying any of them. What was your first soft food and did you have any trouble? I am 2.5 weeks out. Been on shakes and bouillon.

My first thing was a scrambled egg and you would have thought I was eating a filet mignon. I can eat so far.....baked fish, baked chicken, ground beef, pork ribs if they have been cooked a long time. I am 5 weeks out but I have have to chew them to the puréed stage and I can only eat about one or one and half ounces. I have had no nausea, but I am sure to be very conscious of when I am full and stop eating. So far so good.

@@JCP I really enjoyed the next stage. I think my first stage 2 food was cottage cheese. next day was soft scrabbled egg with cottage cheese. I have also made tuna with small amount of mayo (add plain yogurt for more moisture too), relish, mixed it up really well. today I grilled chicken and cut it into oblivion and mixed with a little BBQ Sauce (plain yogurt for more moisture!!!). get in almost 2 ounces.

Dannon Light and Fit Greek yogurt- tasted like pure heaven to me. I was cleared for scrambled eggs, tried them and Sleevie was not having any of it(painful). I'm 8 weeks out now, but eggs can still be a little tricky for me. Greek yogurt and pureed black Beans were my go to foods for awhile. Bon appetit!

I think I will try yogurt. I'm actually scared. I tried a bite of Jello a few days out (with my crushed meds). Gagged so hard it sent me to bed and I had some sort of attack... Probably a panic attack. Thought I was dying and almost went to the ER. I'll never have jello again.

Edited by JCP

oh, our diets must be different. I was cleared for things like yogurt in my liquid stage. slow and steady wins the race. sucks to hear about the Jello incident.. yuk.

my procedure was done august 11i can now eat just about everything chewed well. but was told no red meat or ground beef for 18 months, and I find it easy to swallow the crushed meds by taking with Protein shake in morning

I started puréed foods on Wednesday. I am only getting in 1 and 1/2 ounces at a time. The hardest thing to get down was the tuna fish. I really paying attention to when I am full. I so afraid to through up.

will try yogurt.

@@JCP

yogurt is great :)

i never was a fan :angry:new taste buds love it now :)

feel like i could be a walking, talking advertisement for fage 0% plain greek yogurt - yum yum

btw - everytime i mention fage yogurt - i get $5.00!!! :D

fage is great!! woo hoo- $5.00 richer

mix up one sweet and low,a few fresh blueberries, and a little granola sprinkled on top of my Fage yogurt ;)

to die for :) yum yum yum :)

oooops, no blueberries for you yet :(

keep up the good job for the rest of your healthier, happier, longer life :)

kathy

Ok all is great!! I cooked a poached egg, then melted in a small slice of velveeta. Pulverized it all to heck and took the world 's tiniest bites, chewed until there was nothing left, and finished it ALL with NO discomfort whatsoever! I took a very long time to eat it. It felt great! I 'm not scared of food anymore! Yay!!

@@JCP

yogurt is great :)

i never was a fan :angry:new taste buds love it now :)

feel like i could be a walking, talking advertisement for fage 0% plain greek yogurt - yum yum

btw - everytime i mention fage yogurt - i get $5.00!!! :D

fage is great!! woo hoo- $5.00 richer

mix up one sweet and low,a few fresh blueberries, and a little granola sprinkled on top of my Fage yogurt ;)

to die for :) yum yum yum :)

oooops, no blueberries for you yet :(

keep up the good job for the rest of your healthier, happier, longer life :)

kathy

I love fage! I wish I got 5 bucks each time I said it haha

I am flavoring mine with Torani syrups right now and when I can have it, I may actually buy different fruits and make my own fill ins and freeze them in ice cube trays to change up everyday. I can only imagine the possibilities:

Apple cinnamon

Peach cobbler

Raspberry

Blackberry

Boysenberry

Kiwi strawberry

I used to eat the split cups all the time, but they are too sugary ???? so I will make my own ????

I'm only 5 days post op but some things are on my full liquids that are probably more like soft foods. This morning i had oatmeal for the first time. I used 1 T of oatmeal and made it watery. I feel like I ate a whole pie, very full.

I think I'm going to try a yogurt for lunch. Was never a fan of it but I'm hoping my taste has changed.

scrambled egg was my first. i only got down about a quarter of it, but it was sooo good!

This is going great. Tonight I had turkey meatballs cooked with cottage cheese and marinara. All mashed up. Just some very tiny bites. Yum!

I believe my first soft food was oatmeal...or eggs. U know, I ate oatmeal everyday during my pureed stage because pureed foods just grossed me out. Lol. With that being said, my 1st soft food in the "soft food" stage was eggs. Didn't have a problem with them at all.