Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello! ;)

One of the things that I am not quite getting is how you all get in your Water. If you can't drink an half hour/hour before a meal and an hour after a meal, then how do you get in all your water? Aren't you thirsty? I drink a lot of water and crystal lite and I am thirsty a lot.

Also, I have heard that the reason you aren't supposed to drink water with the meal is that it pushes your food through faster. So your supposed to wait an hour. So, if you wait that hour and then drink won't you be hungry again soon? So how is it that you manage to stay full for a long time...hehehe

Lastly...my husband hates it but I do chug my water at times. I won't be able to do that anymore right? Even if I am empty?

Thanks so much! :P

Hello! ;)

One of the things that I am not quite getting is how you all get in your Water. If you can't drink an half hour/hour before a meal and an hour after a meal, then how do you get in all your Water? Aren't you thirsty? I drink a lot of water and crystal lite and I am thirsty a lot.

Hi!

I was never told not to drink before meals, I drink right up to when I start eating. I drink water pretty much all the time except for that hour after meals, most of it mid-morning and mid-afternoon.

Also, I have heard that the reason you aren't supposed to drink water with the meal is that it pushes your food through faster. So your supposed to wait an hour. So, if you wait that hour and then drink won't you be hungry again soon? So how is it that you manage to stay full for a long time...hehehe

I'm not totally clear on that one, but was told it was to do with that hour being enough time for your body to get the message that it's really full. And then it takes a while to send an "I'm hungry, feed me"(remember Little Shop of Horrors?) message.

Lastly...my husband hates it but I do chug my water at times. I won't be able to do that anymore right? Even if I am empty?

Thanks so much! :P

Probably no more chugging. Even empty. Picture a funnel, only so much can go through at one time, right?

I can't chug after I've eaten. I do get thirsty a lot lately and crave Water (if you knew me before, this is a miracle.. I hated water). Once in a while after I've eaten and I'm thirsty, I'll try to chug, and it hurts and I have to hold some of the water in my mouth, and then no more chugging.

However, during the day when I'm drinking, I can chug and chug. Especially at night. When I lay in bed watching tv, I have a liter of water by the bed, and I can drink the liter in 30 minutes.

I still don't think I'm getting the 64oz recommended by my doctor, but I drink all day long.

I'm at good restriction and have no problems drinking Water the same way I used to. The only difference is that early in the morning the water sometimes "gurgles" through the band so I have to drink a bit more slowly then.

I'm with LisaH, I drink then stop to eat, then wait an hour later to drink again. HOWEVER, my doc said it was OK to have a SMALL SIP of H2O during a meal just in case.

I do know that fluids quicken gastric emptying. I assume that during that hour the stomach is working on breaking down and digesting food. How one stays full, I have no idea.