Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pain Pain Go Away Come Again Another Day (Or Not..)

Sleeved 9/8/14 everything went fine, was drinking 65-70oz of Water by day 3 and 80g of Protein, I've lost 21lbs thus far (though my stomach has gained 3 inches since surgery not sure how)..The left side abdominal pain has subsided but in it's place middle stomach muscle pain near the bellybutton has taken it's place, I called my surgeon and the Dr on call just wrote it off as normal pain and I probably pulled something. So now I have lower left back pain as well and I'm wondering if I'm just going through normal post-surgical pain or something more?..I really have no other issues or symptoms that would make me think something was wrong.

Did anyone else have anything similar post op?

How on earth are you getting that much Water in. I'm lucky if I get 16 oz in, and 10 grams of Protein..

Sorry I wish I could help, I have never experienced pain at all, but definately have a distended stomach and can't understand why it won't go down (larger than it was prior to surgery) I was sleeved on Sept 14th.

@codysmom I get asked that a lot, I guess it just comes down to everyone's different. I haven't had an issue getting liquids in, I do 3 bottles of Water a day plus 2 Protein Shakes and 1 Pocket Protein. I also came out rounder then I was going in went from a 42inch waist to a 45inch.

@@HalloweenBaby24 Has your stomach gone down, if so was there a magic trick?

No...At almost 3 weeks out I was expecting it to but it hasn't at all..

Edited by HalloweenBaby24

@@Cody's mom No...At almost 3 weeks out I was expecting it to but it hasn't at all..

@@BitterSweet I don't think so, I've been going pretty well. Sometimes solid sometimes the opposite, it hurts to go but only due to my stomach and when I push it's dreadful.

I feel the same! I thought it was weird. I had my main exit incision pain hurt and it's still sore and for the last few days I've also had a pain right above my belly button, center.

This has been my one and only main pain. I hope it goes away soon man!!! I got a drumming gig next weekend! GRRRR

It sounds like the pulled internal stitch(es) I had although mine started on day 4/5 and lasted through day 14. And it hurt through to my back. Those stitches strengthen the abdominal wall and it takes weeks to heal. You may have pulled something. I just had to live with it and take pain meds until it improved. But I would emphasize to you doctor how much it hurts just in case.

Edited by JCP

@@gregthegroove I totally feel your pain, I've basically been crippled since last Saturday when this all started lol. I just started my new job today and let me tell you caring for a tiny 3 month old (who barely weighs anything) all day having to get down on the floor to entertain her and picking her up all day really wore me out!..Hope you feel better before your show!

@@JCP I wish my Surgeons office would have listened to me. I was sent home from the hospital with a weeks worth of pain pills only and when I called to tell them how much pain I was in the nurse practitioner told me they were not aloud to give me more pain meds and I must take Tylenol and use a heating pad for now on.

@@JCP is sensitive skin normal too?...My stomach below the bellybutton area is so sensitive to touch, I can even feel my t-shirt rub against it.

Edited by HalloweenBaby24

Hello, I am about 6 weeks out from surgery and have experienced everything you guys are going through. I had the same pain at my belly button and the muscle pulled through to my back, but my pain was on my right side. I guess this depends on where and how your surgeon did his work. You have to remember they cut through nerves and everything so it will feel funny. My pain lasted through 4 weeks, it hurt even to sit down. I can tell you one day I woke up and it went away, but I also was taking it really easy. There is a stitch there my surgeon told me and I swear I could feel it poke/tickle my abdomonal wall. It was the weirdest feeling, and when I would touch/rub around by my belly button and to the side it was soooo tender and felt funny. I can tell you this that it is normal and it does go away. I also stay bloated/swollen) for the first 4 weeks before it felt like my belly went down. I never measured myself, but I am sure if I did it would say I gained inches as well. I could feel it. Things will get better and you will start feeling better. Just hang in there.