Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastic Surgery - Face - sagging skin

I had botox for my "11's" between the brows and Juvederm for my folds by my mouth. My doctor used 30 units for botox, and 2 cc's for the mouth lines, and a half cc in each cheek to lift it a little. I think next time I would get 1 1/2 in each mouth line since they are still pretty deep. In total I paid just over $1000 for the botox and Juvederm. I'm really happy with both. :)

I used voluma in my cheeks, juvederm in my lips and the crease area around your lips (I think it's called the marionette area) and I had botox in my forehead. All of them are temporary and if you don't like the look of juvederm, they can inject you with an enzyme that breaks it down and you're right back to the way you were before. I really don't see a major difference in anything except my forehead, since I can't wrinkle it anymore. I'm glad I tried it though because it is far less expensive than surgery, you are not stuck with it forever, and while I managed to end up with a black eye for a week, the recovery time is a few hours of making sure you don't put your head down (so the botox stays where it's supposed to). Maybe give your face a bit of time to recover? I feel like my neck is less droopy the more time it's been since the bulk of my weight loss and at 42, your skin may be able to recover at least a bit without putting it through surgery.

I have not had face work done and I am 50. I think i could use improvement but I get alot of compliments so for now..m just going with what I got. Friday night...went out to busy music bar with no seats. I was sent out to use my "pretty face" to find a table with open seats that they would share. Wow I never was appointed as the pretty girl before. :)

YI am 39. I had a neck lift and brow lift. I was under 9 months post VSG but was at goal having lost over 100lbs - 5'6" and 145. That was back in December of 2012. I was very happy with the results, and my neck was 100% improved.

My crows feet are pretty bad but I won't be doing any more to surgically "fix" anything at this point. I currently need to gain weight which would improve things all around.

The drawback for some would be that I looked dramatically different with the brow lift - I didn't mind. With just the neck lift it would have been more subtle.

No regrets. I felt too young for such an old face.

Hi everyone....good post. I too was suffering from some chicken neck and I just had some botox injected 2 weeks ago and I can tell the difference....a 15 minute appt, no bruising and affordable.

But Michiganchic, I am considering a body lift. Not sure what a lower body lift is. I just want some of my loose stomach gone and the warbling around the area between my tummy and breasts. And I'm interested that you had your arms done at the same time. Can you tell me what the recovery period was. And if this isn't too personal, did it lift your vagina area up? Mine is pretty droopy.

Thanks!

@@Queen of Crop did the Botox hep the chicken neck?

I sent you a PM with some of the details, but I can say everything is nicely lifted and in it's proper position, and the results were better than anything I had imagined. So worth it, to me. It was a 6 hour surgery, pretty uncomfortable, and required an overnight stay at the hospital. The lower body lift is where I was cut all the way around my hips. It's a Tummy Tuck and butt lift. and I also had an autologous fat flap, meaning she used the existing fat in my behind to give a better shape. The incision is nicely hidden under my lovely new Victoria Secret bikini underwear ;) And my arms look so great I can't believe it!

Hi everyone....first Michiganchic...thank you SO much for your very thorough answer to my questions! I so apprciate your honest answers....I am going to make an appt with my surgeon to go over the details for me. I don't think I will have my arms done since I live in Europe, I rarely go sleevless anymore. If I were still in Hawaii that would be different of course. I will keep you posted.

And yes, the botox did help my neck! I go to my 2 week follow up appt today and he will take the after photos which I will share. It's not perfect, the results are subtle, but just enough to keep me from freaking out. I will talk to him today about fillers as well as I am getting more encouraged that these non-invasive options are better than a face lift. So stay tuned!

@@Queen of Crop you are welcome! I am going to get the fillers for my cheeks. The nurse who does the injections said that it is like a subtle face lift. Along with the botox, it might be enough! Good luck at the surgeons office, and let me know!

I can't believe I just saw this thread.

I hated my turkey neck so much that I had a lower face lift. I had it done in Mexico for 5,000. Everyone has told me (that knows) that they have never seen a more natural look. I'm 62 and I just didn't want to have to keep going back to get injections. I am thinking I might start getting some sort of filler around my eyes.

I don't have before and after pictures. I don't like having my picture taken.

I love the way it looks. However, it's been 3 years now, and I still have numbness around my cheeks. Nerves got cut and I don't think this numbness will ever go away. It's improved a lot, but not gone completely. :(

I too hate my chicken neck! I didn't realize Botox would work for it? Does anyone have before and afters of its? Some of it seems to be getting a little better but it's the first thing I see when I look in the mirror :/

What is chicken neck? (I can imagine, but am not certain.)

Loose skin under your neck that looks like turkey wattles :)

Don't rule out arms. I almost didn't do it for fear of scars but it probably made the biggest difference in my profile...even with clothes. You can Spanx your way through tummy and thigh skin...but those arms...

Also, my neck wattle seriously improved with time. Give it a year.

@@Queen of Crop..gotta a question you mentioned the latter issue..I no this sounds stupid but I am having female issues an was wondering if maybe my issues are from the weight loss or if maybe something else is going on with me? I hadnt thought of the weight loss and the so called latter would be related? if you want to PM me thats fine if you dont want to go into details on here I would appreciate some symptoms if you dont mind..I have already seen a gyn..I go again this wk for another opinion on my issues...maybe you can give me some input..thx :)