Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Date

I hope I get a hospital room by myself

That be nice but don't expect it. Probably pick up some good tips from my hospital roommate

I brought a thin pair is jammie bottoms. I wore them the whole time. There was a couple girls doing their walking while I was doing mine with their gowns open in the back. I would highly recommend the pj's.

The hospital put another gown on me like a robe. So I was always covered. Front and back. And gave me a sexy pair of these nylon underwear boxer throw away things. ????

It has been nice to be able to lay around all home these last two days. Having lost so much blood and subsequent transfusions has taken a toll. So tired. But I get up at least once an hour and walk laps around the house. It helps. I keep getting nose bleeds though.

@@zoepoodle when do you go for your Followup? I would call surgeons office about the nosebleeds.

Edited by Jyoyonomore

Me five,

Love: The updates that people are feeling better, all the photos of everyone and the Jolly Ranchers bag is priceless. Funny layknee are you planning to give up chewing in favor of the food mill. It sure sounds a lot easier then chewing every bite 35 times. I am just kidding!

I think, you are supposed to bring your meds to hospital specially if another doctor prescribed them. Make sure they are in the original bottles. No random pills in a box or baggie. The hospital provides meds your surgeon prescribes while you are in patient. Sometimes you go home with prescriptions to fill at a pharmacy.

Re: Home Meds. For those going tomorrow if your not sure take them. Everyone else I would recommend calling the surgeons office to check. I work in the OR & my experience is the hospital should have a list of your meds from your Pre Admission Testing appointment. I had my appt. last week at the hospital Ambulatory Center. My experience When your in the hospital they will only give you the Meds that come from their Pharmacy. Again Please go with what your Surgeons office tells you.

@@walkin'onsunshine you were styling in the hospital. Sexy boxers, hospital gown front and back. But you made it through like only a gladiator could

Anyone who has done the clear liquid/broth preop diet, can you add unflavored Protein to either, otherwise I will have no Protein and I have one killer headache.

ALSO!!! I bought an eight pack of lemonlime Powerade zero, not something I normally drink, and somehow as I started my third one, I realize I bought the regular Powerade not the zero, I had over 70 carbs and 270 calories this morning. No wonder my sugar levels were fine, I was checking to make sure didnt go too low.

I mix the unflavored protein with my broth. I'm allowed to have 16oz of v-8 juice a day also. So I add that to the broth too, it's like a Tomato Soup. I have that for lunch and dinner everyday. Darn on the PowerAde! Ooops!! Glad you caught it though!

@@joy59 how are you?

Hi Amy, how's that diet treating you?

So....my Saturday sucked big time. We decided to take the kids to an Aquarium/ Museum and 4D theater yesterday. It was about an hour and a half away. So I drank my OJ/ Protein shake on the way there. Also made another one for later in the day. I brought along Jello to snack on as well. (had my little cooler tote) Oh, and some apple juice and a jug of Water.

Well, the delicious smell of fresh baked bread, watching people eat salads and burgers & fries was absolute torture. THEN..when we left there, we went to meet my honey's family for dinner. I told him I should have just home and played sick. Here we sat, with 20 family members at a restaurant and me, the only one not eating. Just sipping on my tea. UGH, horrible. THEN...to make matter worse, he decides to make a Dairy Queen stop on the way home. Really? Not that I expect people to not eat normally around me, it was just a hard day. He even came around the van to open my door for me, and I look at him and say, "Uh, I think I'll wait in the van. Thanks."

I'm actually looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. It's easier there. My man made supper tonight for him and the kids (which was nice I didn't have to). Except it was one of my faves. chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes. *sigh*

Hi Melora, are you having surgery this Wednesday?

Yes this wednesday. Cant wait

Wow amylynns you are so brave. I don't think I could have handled that as well as you did. I made some apple crisp today and even though I promised myself I wouldn't eat it, I did. Revenge, I have had the worst heartburn all evening.

Come Tuesday and two weeks out from surgery my tune will have to change a bit. Even though I only have to do 3 days of clear diet, I am cutting all sugar, caffeine and reducing carbs dramatically.

So....my Saturday sucked big time. We decided to take the kids to an Aquarium/ Museum and 4D theater yesterday. It was about an hour and a half away. So I drank my OJ/ Protein Shake on the way there. Also made another one for later in the day. I brought along Jello to snack on as well. (had my little cooler tote) Oh, and some apple juice and a jug of Water.< /p>

Well, the delicious smell of fresh baked bread, watching people eat salads and burgers & fries was absolute torture. THEN..when we left there, we went to meet my honey's family for dinner. I told him I should have just home and played sick. Here we sat, with 20 family members at a restaurant and me, the only one not eating. Just sipping on my tea. UGH, horrible. THEN...to make matter worse, he decides to make a Dairy Queen stop on the way home. Really? Not that I expect people to not eat normally around me, it was just a hard day. He even came around the van to open my door for me, and I look at him and say, "Uh, I think I'll wait in the van. Thanks."

I'm actually looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. It's easier there. My man made supper tonight for him and the kids (which was nice I didn't have to). Except it was one of my faves. chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes. *sigh*

I kept expecting you to say you cheated, but you didn't! You did so great with so many challenges. That's great!

I don't feel very brave. :wacko: I was having thoughts of all the foods I won't be able to eat too...that probably didn't help my state of mind. Apple Crisp, my most favorite dessert of all. And I meant to have some before I started my pre-op. I am sure that's going to be something I won't be able to ever eat again. It makes me sad. I just pray my new healthy self makes me forget about the things I'm giving up!

Misstvb--cheating isn't an option for me at all. If I take just ONE bite of something I'm not supposed to, I'll be done for. I'll keep on cheating then. I can't. just can't.

Sorry I'm a downer tonight, just a really down weekend for me I guess. -_-

No it won't be the last time you have it. You will be able to slice apples and grill them with cinnamon and add some stevia on top. It tastes awesome. I have been practicing WLS Desserts.