Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a " Dear God let me get approved" Pal

rscaggs22, on 15 Oct 2014 - 01:26, said:

Surgery date!!! 11/11. All my preop testing on Halloween. I'm still in shock that it's happening!

Yeah!!!! SO happy for you!

GOing to call BCN today so see if there is a answer. I doubt it but it has been 6 days (w/e included)

Called Aetna again this morning. I'm not sure why all the different answers but they are now saying 15 business days for an answer. ????. I was really hoping to know something this week.

Received the approval letter via fax. If I'm reading correctly, the letter says I will need to be reap proved if I don't have the surgery by November 12th (dr put this date on ppw). Did anyone else have problems with this? I called the scheduler this morning but dr office said she would call me when she gets a copy of her letter.

I spoke with my PCP earlier today and she said she is hoping to submit all of my paperwork to my insurance on Thursday! She was busy getting other peoples' prepared. I don't think it would be unreasonable to call her late Friday afternoon and see if she went through with it, is it??

That is not unreasonable at all. Good luck and I hope you hear back soon.

Summer

@@Onephatmom Congratulations on your approval! It's so exciting to finally be so close to surgery :) Good luck!

Summer

Received the approval letter via fax. If I'm reading correctly, the letter says I will need to be reap proved if I don't have the surgery by November 12th (dr put this date on ppw). Did anyone else have problems with this? I called the scheduler this morning but dr office said she would call me when she gets a copy of her letter.

Congrats!!! So glad you got approved! I haven't received my letter yet I was just told by the office I was approved. Hope you figure out the schedule too :)

I THINK my PCC might have sent over my paperwork to my insurance already. This morning (Thursday), I had a missed call from Anthem so I called them and after I answered a few questions from the automated message, I spoke with a rep who just wanted to make sure I know that they are available to "answer any questions you might have." My insurance has NEVER called me since I got it a few months ago...so...could be a total coincidence, but I hope my PCC calls me tomorrow and at least tells me whether she sent it over or not.

Everything is going so quick now. Got the date set nov 12th.

Congrats!

I called Aetna this morning, I've been approved! Hopefully, I get scheduled today. They said my dr office will be notified today.

Congrats on the Approval!!!

My Dr. sent my paper work over a week ago. I called BCN and they had still not gotten it and it was not even in their system. I call my Dr. and she called them and found out they are having a hard time inputting everything in their NEW computer system. Anyway, I hope they will give me a answer this coming up week.

If you have BCN you may want to check on your status.

I called my Patient Care Coordinator this morning about a status update; she said she should hear something from the insurance tomorrow. I thought, awesome, wow, tomorrow!! I told her "alrighty Brenda, I'll give you a call Wednesday!"

About an hour later, I'm going through the mail and there is something for me from my insurance, I'VE BEEN APPROVED! Or at least that's the impression I'm getting. I'm not sure what to do, do I call my PCC back? Do I just wait til tomorrow? Nope, I couldn't wait til tomorrow to call her again, so I called back, got her voicemail and I left her a message.

She FINALLY called me back about 3 hours later and I read some of the information on the letter. Once I read the line that said my hospital stay was "medically necessary", she said "well, it looks like they did approve you!"

I noticed on the letter it said October 24th, and she said "can you come in that day for surgery?" I paused for a second, panicking, because THAT IS THIS FRIDAY! But I told her that it was too short of a notice to give my boss, and then she said "what about October 31st? So, long story short..that's the big day!!

Pre-op on Monday the 27th, surgery on the 31st at 9:30am (must show up by 7:30), and I already have my first two post-op appointments scheduled.

WOW WOW WOW!! So much has gone on today.