Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some unexpected NSVs have me LOLing in public. You?

Congrats!!! I got in the pool this summer and noticed i could no longer float!!!

3 months with VSG: I thought I'd be frugal, smart and time-saving to alter in my best work pants instead of buying new ones. I mean it's only two sizes, shouldn't be a big deal. After I got done taking them in 7", the two back pockets were only an inch apart from each other at the butt seam! And the legs looked like parachute pants, HAMMER TIME! It looked ridiculous! But at least seeing that made hubby realize it's time for me to go clothes shopping for real lol.

I've also stepped out of my shoes (double wides) at work multiple times. I didn't think about the fact that my feet would shrink too. Once I was walking quickly to the bathroom and it happened right in front of the ceo's office! So awkward to slowly walk backwards a couple steps, wiggle my foot back into my flat, and then scurry away hoping he didn't notice.

My shoes kept falling off too. I just bought some new ones.

NSV's are the best and most unexpected part of weight loss. I am loving them too!!

ok, now that I know an NSV is a non-scale victory, I have one to share. Fitting comfortably with room to spare in a booth at a restaurant when the last time you went you were (your belly was) hanging over the table, all squeezed in.

Separately but the same, being able to swing up and out of the booth easily and smoothly, rather than huffing your way through a 3 step process to get out.

It gets even better.... I left home last Saturday for Phoenix with a friend to relax and get a good tan before the winter hits in Canada. Then I flew to San Francisco this morning to meet up with my husband for a week of touring around and then home together. Well we ended up in different terminals so I asked him to come to my terminal and met me at my luggage carousel. We'll he could find me - why- because he didn't recognize me. Apparently, a week away and I've changed so drastically that after 26 years of marriage he couldn't recognize me! Apparently, my tan and further weight loss did it. Personally, I think he just hasn't noticed the difference seeing me everyday and then was looking for the old *chubbier* me

Feeling pretty good right now :)

I don't have any of those yet because I haven't had my surgery yet...but I remember once standing outside and trying to figure out how it was raining INSIDE my house...turns out the washing machine hose had sprung a leak...but it was kinda surreal and I couldn't figure it out for the life of me...lol

Congrats!

Edited by 4me4them

cheers to those nsv's (with my Protein shake.... no more booze for me)

It is surprising at almost 2 years out how you notice one of these once in a while! Just the other day I was leaving work and the elevator was full, but I hopped on and squeezed into a little spot on the side - and no one moved a bit to allow me to fit!! I would have never even attempted that before, and if I had, they would have subconsciously parted like the red sea to accommodate me.

Another thing I notice - and not sure it's an actual victory - is the fact that I am weak now! I can't open heavy doors very well. It usually takes a couple of attempts because I have to really make an effort. I guess I'm still using the same technique I used to use, which would have been use my weight. Now I have to consciously use what's left of my muscle.

Another thing like that - I recently went to an "80s Dance Explosion", lol. It was a total NSV that I went, because I wouldn't have even gone before, thinking no one wants to see 300 pounds of fat bouncing around, and besides, I would have been too tired. However, I was shocked that while out on that dance floor, the drunker the other people became the more dense the crowd, I kept getting bumped into, and felt like I was getting thrown all over the dance floor like a limp doll! I was actually afraid of getting knocked over!

Love love love to hear it! congrats on your NSV's.

My best NSV so far is the fact that I had this tremendous energy the other day. It was just ready to come out. I dressed all the childen together with the balls and jump ropes and we went outside. I ran, ran, and ran. I played ball with my two yr old and chased her. I played frisbee with my son. I chased my 10 yr old. It was so awesome. I can't outrun them just yet, but it was sure fun to be able to chase them.

I still have a long journey but I am happier than before that's for sure.

Eye exam today. I could lean into the exam machine where you place your chin on the pad and your forehead on the top part. Before losing 90 pounds, my boobs got in the way and it was a real struggle to get my face in there. I had to laugh and told the eye doctor why I found it so funny. Got a "congrats" out of it!

My surgery is in 2 days, but I have already had a NSV moment-- my scrubs used to be tight (like the seam ripped in the shirts tight...) well yesterday I had a liter of Fiji Water and needed the hand I was holding it with, so I stuck it in my front pocket... it fit with room to spare! What!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I don't think I ever believed I actually had bones in that fat body...I now find them fascinating!

I sleep on my side and wake up almost every morning with my hip bones aching from all night on the mattress

I am constantly messing with my collar bones...haven't really seen them before now and I can't keep my hands off them!

Men now flirt with me...I don't guess I ever knew I was missing being flirted with...now I get touches on my shoulder during conversations, eyes looking me up and down, friendly hugs that last longer than they did before...this whole flirting thing is a revalation!

I went in to my Orthopedic Surgeon's the other day for my annual checkup after having both of my knees replaced a little over a year ago. He almost feel over when he saw me and was quick to ask what motivated me to lose all the weight. I quickly answered that after getting a new lease on life with the surgery he performed and the knee implants he put in.....that I was not going to jeopardize them by remaining obese.

He was so taken back by that.....it was like I gained a new best friend......

Just in case some of you didn't read this correctly.......this is a Surgeon....ya know the famous "one word", "don't know who you are" guys..... I got more of his attention after that......then he showed me all during the two surgeries amd multiple previous appointments. He beamed with a real live pleasant personality........checked me over thoroughly and sent me off with an encouraging "You look fantastic. -- Go figure. ;)