Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buffalo/Rochester

Hello, My name is Polly. I live in Cheektowaga.

Me!!! I'm from the Olean/Allegany area - had my bypass done in Rochester :)

I'm hoping to be be sleeved soon the sooner the better but they have me chasing down medical records having more tests etc all I do it seems is go to dr appts and tests lol feels like it's taking forever and I was put on a strict diet too so this can't happen soon enough next week I have to do a sleep study kind of annoyed did one in 2012 was already diagnosed but couldn't tolerate Cpap at all tried for 5 months got even less sleep was a horrible experience they are forcing me to repeat they say if I dont do Cpap with proof of compliance no surgery so I'm dreading it I don't think I can possibly ever keep that thing on for a whole night let alone for two weeks so u already had your procedure?

I'm from buffalo. Will be sleeved on OCT 15th. Just started my pre op diet and feeling wonderful!

Good luck to everyone and their journey!

Nice to meet all the buffalionans. Welcome. Good luck to all. Has anyone gone or is going threw synergy bariatrics. I did and was pleased with Dr. Carauna and all the staff there.

I just figured out how to find posts I've written or replied to! I'm on an android, not my computer where everything is right there for you. So...I missed the replies here, sorry! I am using my band surgeon, Dr. Posner at Buffalo General. He's awesome, very very strict but awesome! The staff is cool too. The only bad thing is the parking. With the new "Medical Corridor", things are busy and tight. I can barely walk, so hubby drives me and we use valet parking, which takes forever and costs a lot.

But yes, I'm from Cheektowaga. Still going through pre-op testing

...I got cut off, oops. If you're from the area, say Hi here. ????

Nice to meet all the buffalionans. Welcome. Good luck to all. Has anyone gone or is going threw synergy bariatrics. I did and was pleased with Dr. Carauna and all the staff there.

I always hear such nice things about him. Isn't there a father and son, or brother and brother thing going on there?

@ hey there I'm in south buffalo also with dr posner end of February surgery if all goes well I'm doing Cpap now is my last requirement scared as hell but can't wait to be done with the surgery part feels like forever doing all these tests etc

@ hey there I'm in south buffalo also with dr posner end of February surgery if all goes well I'm doing Cpap now is my last requirement scared as hell but can't wait to be done with the surgery part feels like forever doing all these tests etc

hey shelly, you're further ahead than me. I'm in my second week of the pre-op first phase South Beach diet. But Posner did my Lap band in '07. What a waste of time. I love Dr. Posner! How do you like Kim and Jeannie?

I'd be scared to, being as close to surgery as you. But do know you're in VERY good hands. Dr. Posner is the best. Is he doing the surgery? Specific date yet? Let me know when you get one. I'm so excited for you. ????

Hi yes I assume he will be doing it I met with him just before holidays I was told feb 24 was first avail date he said his secretary was out sick so I spoke with a Michele down the hall at the surgeons clinical office and was told after holidays I'd get more info from the regular secretary about pre op testing and final instructions etc but so far haven't heard anything more yet but I was given a card for feb 24 to be at hospital at 530 am to prep with surgery aprox 3 hours after is what I was told

I had VSG on 12/18/2014 with Dr. Butsch, who shares a practice with Dr. Posner. I started in June with attending the seminar and after completing all the pre-op requirements, I met the surgeon on 11/11 and had surgery the following month. My surgery was at 10 am at Buffalo General and I stayed 2 days. The stay was, overall, very nice. Nurses were awesome and really listened to my needs.

Best of luck with everything!