Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American vsgers!

Welcome @@LADYRICH27! I was sleeved jan 28. How are things with you?

To the more experienced members. Should I be counting calories or what. I'm a little over a week and a half I'm just trying to get my fluids in and try soft foods. But should I be tracking calories and so on?

Hello! I've been sleeved since Aug 14.

Im good. I am at 14 days out and having a hard time consuming all my fluids and Protein. I can only eat about 6 spoonfuls of Soup and about 24 ounces of liquids. I get full really quick and stop. I hope you are doing better.

I've been sleeved since Aug 14 and I think i'm falling back into by bad habits....feeling a little lost.

Welcome @@LADYRICH27! I was sleeved jan 28. How are things with you?

To the more experienced members. Should I be counting calories or what. I'm a little over a week and a half I'm just trying to get my fluids in and try soft foods. But should I be tracking calories and so on?

What does your nutritionist advise? Mine recommended tracking but I was already doing that. I even did it while in the all liquids phase because I wanted to make sure I was hitting my Protein and I kept losing count trying to keep it in my mind. I find I do much better tracking because sometimes you assume things are better than they really are. Also for me looking at the micros such as sodium, carbs and sugars helps me see any potential barriers. For me if my sodium is too high even though I hit my Protein and keep my calories low, I won't lose. Since my nutritionist recommends I stay around 800 calories, it's just easier to see that if I track it.

I've been sleeved since Aug 14 and I think i'm falling back into by bad habits....feeling a little lost.

What are you doing that's bad?

@@BLERDgirl I don't have a nutritionist. Before surgery I took the required classes by Kaiser which went over what to expect and so on. It was taught by a nutritionist but nothing one on one. I can make an appt with her. But I was losing on my own by modifying my diet, increasing my Water and Protein Shakes. Once I met the surgeon he put me on high Protein no starch. So at that point I just cut out all carbs basically and continued to lose. Yes I read labels and so on but honestly I'm not good at tracking. Even doing weight watchers after so many weeks the tracking part fell off. I guess I need a nutritionist....at this point I'm following what my surgeon says on the haves and have nots. Im totally open to someone giving me the do's and dont's

@@Dee951 - I haven't liked weight watcher's since they developed the point system. I have a team and at every follow up I see the nurse practitioner, nutritionist, and either my surgeon or one of his residents. My nutritionist wants to know I am meeting my Protein and Fluid goal. I use Myfitnesspal. Others have different sites and apps. AT this point I pretty much fill out my food log for the day first thing in the morning. This acts as a sort of guide for me. In the evening I go back over it and make adjustments for anything I did or didn't eat.

I eat real food but also supplement with unflavored Protein Powder. I don't do fake sugars or processed foods of any kind. Keeping a food journal helps me keep track. I also am not no carb, but I prefer to stick to complex carbs and avoid "white carbs" such as breads, pastas white rice, etc... I'm vegetarian so some of my Protein will be in the form of Beans which are also carbs.

As you go along you figure out what works for you. I'm also the person who only gets weighed once a month or whenever I go to the doctor. Instead I take measurements every 3 months. (neck, boobs, waist, hips.) Even during those times when your weight loss slows down you'll see a difference there. Lastly, I recommend you start exercising as soon as your doctor clears you. I know from past history I don't lose as well unless I am watching what I eat AND exercising regularly.

Thanks @@BLERDgirl! I think I'm going to make an appt with a nutritionist. Just walking for now but as soon as I'm cleared back to the gym. I asked if I could swim but my surgeon said not yet :-/ it's ok I'm in it to win it!

I was cleared for aquafit at 3 weeks. I just had to wait for my incisions to scab over.

Yep that's what I was told also

@@Peekboo I'm doing okay otherwise. I find if I stick to Proteins, and pay close attention to my fullness signal I'm fine. Dairy can be a problem if over consumed. My main issue is remembering Vitamins. I'll forget my B12 for like a week and wonder why I'm feeling super tired.

Getting tired of vanilla and chocolate flavored Protein Shakes. And tips on how to switch it up or add something to them?

Use vanilla as a base and add fresh fruit, nut butter of choice(I use almond butter). I'll use Water and juice to mix instead of milk. Mix everything in a nutra bullet or similar.

I added Peanut Butter to the Protein power for a change. The PB2 is a great option.

Torani.& DaVinci sugar free syrups...I added 1-2 tbsp to my Protein milk Fairlife and Skimplus ..banana, coffee, strawberry, eggnog & coconut delicious.....