Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2014 POST-OP SLEEVERS CHECKING IN!

As I previously posted, today marks one week since my surgery. My stomach still feels bloated. I have not stepped on the scales, but am somewhat afraid to. I don't want to be disappointed. I know that I need to walk, but the heat has been a deterrent. Any thoughts or experiences?

Sleeved last Thursday 9/25. Stayed overnight. I don't remember much of Thursday, I slept most of the day. I tend to get nausea from anesthesia, plus the stomach surgery? I had a LOT of anti-emetics in recovery, so I was pretty out, lol. Been walking a lot, most of my gas pain is gone.

My "sample" diet from my dr.'s office lists about 24-48oz of Protein supplement and about a cup of Soup over the whole day. Ummm, no way? lol I can get about 2-3oz of protein supp before I feel that heaviness in my chest saying "full!" and about 2-3oz of yogurt or soup in at any time. So I'm getting around 4-5oz of protein supp, 5oz of yogurt and about 1/3 cup of soup (with unflavored Protein Powder mixed in) over the course of the day. Plus about 24oz of Water.

Angela, when were you sleeved? I was 9/10 and am just now feeling more normal. I too felt depression and cried a lot the first week to 10 days. Don't fear... Give yourself lots of time and rest.

Angela, I didn't weigh either. I am only weighing at my dr appts. I lost 10 lbs pre-op and 17 lbs post-op (2 weeks each). I was shocked! I really had no idea. I think you will be happy when you get 2 or 3 weeks out. You are at the very hardest part right now.

Hey Jojo, saw your post. Sounds like you are doing really great. I can't think about exercise yet. Keep us posted!

Keepingmysecrets, how are you feeling?

Hey there I was revised from a lap and to a sleeve on Sept 23. I was successful with. The band for a longtime after my last slip and new band it wasn't placed properly so I never really had a pouch or restriction and gained weight.

I was in rhe hospital for 2 days which is standard for my surgeon I am still on semi Clear Liquids (protein shakes with milk and some soups) I am looking forward to moving on to purses and mushie next week. After all my band issues I am pretty religious about following the surgeons instructions.

We eat a pretty junk free diet cooking at home so my broth is home made broth, my Soups are homemade so I know what is in them I am willing to take any suggestions for the mushy stage of cooking it has been a while for me and all that come to mind is mashed potatoes which may not be the best choice :).

I am enjoying reading how everyone is doing. I travel for my job so I am on leave until I can fly again which leaves me some time at home to read and get to know people.

Sleeved 09/25/14. Honestly speaking, I feel like HELL. I've never been there but I'm sure this is close. I have no energy or motivation and just overall feel like crap. Barely getting my 40g of Protein in and let's not talk about Water. My family already saying "you're so sad" but how can I be happy when I feel miserable. I don't have the energy to walk. Please tell me I'm going to feel better soon. This was not the recovery I was hoping for....I was sooooo eager and happy for the surgery date to get here, but have been in the dumps every since.

Sleeved 09/25/14. Honestly speaking, I feel like HELL. I've never been there but I'm sure this is close. I have no energy or motivation and just overall feel like crap. Barely getting my 40g of Protein in and let's not talk about Water. My family already saying "you're so sad" but how can I be happy when I feel miserable. I don't have the energy to walk. Please tell me I'm going to feel better soon. This was not the recovery I was hoping for....I was sooooo eager and happy for the surgery date to get here, but have been in the dumps every since.

@@TheBlissfulNatural It will get better. The first week after surgery, it hurt every time I took a swallow and I had a hard time getting in fluids too. You won't feel miserable for long. I'm still not getting in 64 oz but I'm getting in more and more each day and I'm 2.5 weeks out. It's a big change to accomplish a big change! You can do this and when you look back in a couple of months, you'll be able to smile about the early frustrations.

@@TheBlissfulNatural It will get better. The first week after surgery, it hurt every time I took a swallow and I had a hard time getting in fluids too. You won't feel miserable for long. I'm still not getting in 64 oz but I'm getting in more and more each day and I'm 2.5 weeks out. It's a big change to accomplish a big change! You can do this and when you look back in a couple of months, you'll be able to smile about the early frustrations.

Thank you so much.

Hi guys! I'm 15 days post op, started my purée diet. I'm in need of some recipes that you guys used during your purée stage!!

@@TheBlissfulNatural 3 weeks out today, and I can barely feel any pain. my only pain is in the largest incision where my stomach was pulled out. It will get better. hang in there. just think down the road when you are 50, 60, 70 or more pounds lighter and how good you feel, you will laugh at this small piece of time and know it was all worth it!!!

Hey it is OCTOBER 1ST. That means we have all been SLEEVED!!!! congrats to all of you!!! let the Iron start pumping and the fat start dropping.

So excited! Haven't been onthe scale since my post op on 9/9.. but I have my 1 month on Friday! I'm noticing a difference in the way my clothes fit, and in my reflection in the mirror! So excited! After failing with the band, it's so exciting to see real progress with the sleeve!

Hey all!???? I was sleeved 9/26/14. I was released from the hospital on 9/30 because of uncontrollable hypertension and not being able to keep anything down, I was restless and couldn't sleep good at all. I have no energy and was given a nausea patch behind my ear. Today is better I still can't sleep extremely sore at the one incision however, I am able to keep fluids and puréed 2oz chilli down so far..... Haven't had a BM and crushed meds are horrible! I can't say as of yet, that I'm glad I did it.......