Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP! My Psych Eval!

????

Edited by Mythreeloves

Wow. That's all I can say is Wow. And not the good WOW either. Do you have to use her? Maybe the surgeon can recommend someone else? At least someone who is more available if you have to do sessions...hang in there, you will overcome this bump in the road!

I know. Wow! I'm seeing my dr in the program tomorrow. Hopefully she can help me resolve this. The psych is staffed by the hospital program I'm enrolled in but she is mainly a private practice dr. I'm so disappointed. I went to the gym right after the appointment and cried my eyes out for a mile on the treadmill. All while rocking out to some angst ridden Taylor Swift! Lol. Not by choice but that's all they were playing.

Dump her a-$-$! Go to a different doctor! You can get the report done in one visit with another one.

Edited by BeagleLover

Wow. That's all I can say is Wow. And not the good WOW either. Do you have to use her? Maybe the surgeon can recommend someone else? At least someone who is more available if you have to do sessions...hang in there, you will overcome this bump in the road!

I went through something similar. I was told my current psych did not do evals so I had to find someone else. I spent 3 freakin hours in that guys office. Maybe 10 minutes with him the rest of the time filling out a bubble in questionnaire. It took like a week or 2 to get his decision. For him to say he didn't think I was ready because I seemed to have depression issues. He wanted to see me a few more times. OMG!!! Of course I have depression issues! I'm way over weight, I have sleep apnea and chronic fatigue amongst other health conditions. This surgery can save my life you moron! I was so upset. I felt defeated.

All this to say, I figured out that I could get a second opinion and so on if I had to. I ended up seeing my current psych and telling him about the surgery, he thought it was a great idea and wrote the letter. Ask around about who others have used. Your surgeons office may even have some they suggest. You'll find some who are conservative about the surgery and others who totally approve. GOOD LUCK!

Just a word to the wise, make sure when your psych writes the letter they put a specific evaluation date. Mine just dated it the day it was written. Although in the body he specifically stated what it was the insurance company wanted to hear they denied my request because it did not say" I evaluated patient on this date". OUTRAGEOUS! I know! My insurance company gave me such a run around over this surgery. It took me four months to get my approval because they kept denying me over so called lack of info. Just try to be patient, stay strong and stay PERSISTENT.

So I started my journey to complete insurance and program requirements in March 2014. I have all my steps completed as of next week. EXCEPT.... I passed my psych Eval but the psych told me she'd like to see me a few additional sessions just to make sure I'm prepared and past some current family drama. That was months ago everything was resolved with that issue, we moved on and I've made all attempts to change normal lifestyle choices to prepare for surgery. and now a week before I'm supposed to have all completed and after 5+ sessions with her she says she doesn't think I'm ready or committed enough!!! What?!?!?! All I've been doing is changing behaviors, food choices, I'm in my happy place and focused on my future!!!! WTF?!?! She says I may have completed all the insurance requirements but program requires that she approve me but she doesn't think I'm ready!!!! I want my surgery in Nov but the extra sessions she's asking for to approve me may very well out me into Jan of next year!!!! She's only available one day a week and when she said she wants to see me in 2 wks but I couldn't get my next appointment for 3 weeks!!!! Start over with Deductibles and out of pocket max and possibly new insurance requirements to get approval! Let alone prolong my journey by almost a year to get this surgery! I couldn't be more passionate or committed! I just don't get this!!!! Help!!!!!! All this and every appointment she's wearing her Prada sunglasses on top of her head! Money grab at my expense????

I went through something similar. I was told my current psych did not do evals so I had to find someone else. I spent 3 freakin hours in that guys office. Maybe 10 minutes with him the rest of the time filling out a bubble in questionnaire. It took like a week or 2 to get his decision. For him to say he didn't think I was ready because I seemed to have depression issues. He wanted to see me a few more times. OMG!!! Of course I have depression issues! I'm way over weight, I have sleep apnea and chronic fatigue amongst other health conditions. This surgery can save my life you moron! I was so upset. I felt defeated.

All this to say, I figured out that I could get a second opinion and so on if I had to. I ended up seeing my current psych and telling him about the surgery, he thought it was a great idea and wrote the letter. Ask around about who others have used. Your surgeons office may even have some they suggest. You'll find some who are conservative about the surgery and others who totally approve. GOOD LUCK!

Just a word to the wise, make sure when your psych writes the letter they put a specific evaluation date. Mine just dated it the day it was written. Although in the body he specifically stated what it was the insurance company wanted to hear they denied my request because it did not say" I evaluated patient on this date". OUTRAGEOUS! I know! My insurance company gave me such a run around over this surgery. It took me four months to get my approval because they kept denying me over so called lack of info. Just try to be patient, stay strong and stay PERSISTENT.

Thanks all! I'm gonna sleep on it and hope that when I talk to the dr in the morning I can get more insight. Thanks for the info as advice. It's really helped me. ❤️

If she is on staff at the hospital she has a boss. Call them!! Now! No excuse for this crap

If she is on staff at the hospital she has a boss. Call them!! Now! No excuse for this crap

It sounds like she is using the hospital program to get private clients!