Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waiting... To go in for weight loss surgery operation

Angelic HG7 glad to see that your back on and all went well . Try to rest some tonight and will talk in the morning

@@angelicHG7 good morning! How are you feeling did you get much sleep ? Just wanted to say good luck and prayers for speedy recovery.

Thank you.

I have been taking little cat naps here and there but they come in just about every hour to check my vitals.

I got some sleep last night but not normal sleep.

I am feeling great.... Just mild pain and uncomfortable bed which makes me very uncomfortable. It's not too big of a deal right now though. I'm hoping to get discharged later today.

@InspirationMySon. Congrats. Just hang in there for the next week or so. It will get better. Don't push yourself.

I'm glad that your doing well . I was discharged and home by 1030 am the next day . I felt so much better being home healing . Goodluck and keep me posted .

Ok so fin ally after being scheduled for 1pm, moved to 5, 6, 7 & 8 I went on the OR table at little after 10pm. I got back to my room about 3:40am. I could have to say that moving around now that I am home kind of stinks. It's a lot more sore & tender then I thought it would be. I would pay money to pass the leftover gas in my stomach from my surgery.

@@InspirationMySon the has pain will get better with the more movement you do . Honestly it does get easier however right now it seems like eternity til that happens . You will feel better healing at home just remember go slow your healing .

Thank you! I do know this will just be a blip on my memory screen just like my c-section pain was; put obviously like you said when it's happening it stinks! Taking the pills is weird right now one & a sip of Water & I am full! I have had 4 sips of a prepared Protein shake it's too thick for me right now so I will have to go with a thinner preparation. I am just focusing on getting 64 ounces of Water in so I don't have to go get fake hydrated at the ER. But I am now only officially 24 hours out from the operation so I need to focus on that too. My largest incision gave me some problems oozing/bleeding right off every time I coughed but that incision was much bigger then I had expected.

post-225783-1410324220142_thumb.jpg

@InspirationMySon. It's the one where they removed your stomach. It's my biggest one too. Feel better soon.

@@InspirationMySon that incision will be the most tender and will take a while longer to heal . I had a burning sensation on the inside of my stomach when it was healing . I know the Protein Shake was thick for me also . I am a month of and am still working up to my 64 ounces of Water a day . It all takes time feel better . Wishing you a speedy recovery .

Wishing you an uneventful recovery!

No part of my stomach was removed I didn't get the sleeve I got bypass they leave the remaining stomach in there so it can continue to produce gastric juices for digestion. That's the largest because it's the one he puts his stapler thru that incision. The one where he put in the instrument to hold up my liver looks swell also! My husband works at a surgery center as a biomedical engineer he says the itching in a scar is called "knitting" happens when all the tissues heal & grow back together.

Edited by InspirationMySon

No part of my stomach was removed I didn't get the sleeve I got bypass they leave the remaining stomach in there so it can continue to produce gastric juices for digestion. That's the largest because it's the one he puts his stapler thru that incision. The one where he put in the instrument to hold up my liver looks swell also! My husband works at a surgery center as a biomedical engineer he says the itching in a scar is called "knitting" happens when all the tissues heal & grow back together.

This is my bruising nowpost-225783-14103895430514_thumb.jpg

All and all for going home less then 12 hours after getting operated on and going for a 1 mile walk today I think things are going great! I hope everyone else have experiences that are just as great!