Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant after band!

I was banded August 13th 2013 I got pregnant three weeks later I just had my baby three months ago while I was pregnant I had the Fluid out.I now have the fluid in and I'm lost I'm not as excited with the band as I was the first three weeks I don't know how to eat I keep being stuck I'm not losing weight I'm under a lot of stress with three small kids. I don't know what to do and how to start losing weight. I feel lost.

Edited by jasmajo

I was banded August 13th 2013 I got pregnant three weeks later I just had my baby three months ago while I was pregnant I had the Fluid out.I now have the fluid in and I'm lost I'm not as excited with the band as I was the first three weeks I don't know how to eat I keep being stuck I'm not losing weight I'm under a lot of stress with three small kids. I don't know what to do and how to start loosing weight. I feel lost w the bandx

Go back to your doctor and get advice from your surgeon and nutritionist. There's no substitute for professional one on one consultation when you've been away for so long?

Congratulations on your growing family! Please take the time to care for yourself. You will have more energy if you do. You'll also have a personal goal that is so important. As moms we often put our own care last but it's not a good idea to put our goals and dreams on the shelf. Best wishes and check in with your bariatric doctor for a refresher!

Edited by JustWatchMe

Hi jasmajo!

Congrats on your little newcomer, I hope your pregnancy and delivery went well. I can imagine it was an overwhelming experience to have WLS only to become pregnant so soon after. Apparently its not uncommon for ladies to get pregnant soon after surgery even when it was difficult before, since our hormones get totally wacky for a while.

The first weeks and months postop are such a major phase for most bandsters where we are discovering life with our bands and working out and losing weight.. You may feel like you missed out in that epic adventure since you were probably more concerned with fetal heartbeats, eating right for baby, getting nursery ready and waddling around your other two kids hehe.

I was convinced that after seven years of not getting pregnant without BC that I was done but soon after getting banded I got a surprise, pregnant with twins. We were completely in awe with that miracle when I suddenly miscarried one at 14 weeks (unrelated to the band) tragic for all the family, but we were blessed with a survivor and my two older daughters (7 and 11) now have a little 15mo sister :-)

Youve just had your baby 3 months ago so the stresses of settling into baby's routine with another two kids is an exhausting challenge. You barely have time to take care of yourself and you might be putting everyones needs before your own. My advice is dont feel guilty asking for help, and dont ignore what you want because you certainly deserve it, and its true what they say, you can give more to those you love when you are loving yourself.

The other thing, and this is what Ive done, is to imagine that you have just had the band surgery, go back to basics and start at square one. Work on eating what helps the band work for you, getting in the nutrition you need (especially if breastfeeding) and achieving appropriate restriction with fills. You will feel so empowered when you do, and Im sure it will start feeling like you are getting back on track with personal goals again.

Feel free to get in touch whenever, band or baby talk :-) wish you the best!